WiiU - Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I decided to get off the fence and get a Wii U got the one in black with all the goodies and Super Mario World 3D coming.

I'll probably go on a buying spree on the Wii U eShop here soon with the DDP ending by year's end. Was hoping to get Child of Light on sale, but I'll grab it for $15. Have to get that, the MK8 season pass, the Hyrule Warriors season pass, and I'll pick up Stealth, Inc., too. Maybe some virtual console games, too, like Metroid Fusion.

I'm going to miss DDP.

I'll probably go on a buying spree on the Wii U eShop here soon with the DDP ending by year's end. Was hoping to get Child of Light on sale, but I'll grab it for $15. Have to get that, the MK8 season pass, the Hyrule Warriors season pass, and I'll pick up Stealth, Inc., too. Maybe some virtual console games, too, like Metroid Fusion.

I'm going to miss DDP.

Shovel Knight?

Oh yeah, that one, too. Not as big one that one as Child of Light and Stealth, Inc, though.

Here’s A Look At Mario Kart 8′s New Excitebike Arena Race Course. October 28, 2014 . 10:28am

In addition to Yoshi’s Circuit, the first DLC pack for Mario Kart 8 will also include a race course based on Excitebike.

[YT]dQ7yVvxk8Q4[/YT]
In addition to Yoshi’s Circuit, the first DLC pack for Mario Kart 8 will also include a race course based on Excitebike. Nintendo showed this course off in a trailer this morning, and you can check it out above.

The first DLC pack for Mario Kart 8 will be made available in November. It will include eight new courses for the game, three new characters (Link, Cat Peach, Tanooki Mario), and four new vehicles (one of which is confirmed to be the Zelda-themed Master Cycle). It will cost $7.99.

Later, a second DLC pack for the game will be released in May 2015.

Read more stories about Mario Kart 8 & Videos & Wii U on Siliconera.

source: Siliconera

Resident Evil: Revelations And Mercenaries 3D Discounted On Nintendo eShop In North America. October 29, 2014 . 3:59pm

Capcom have discounted Resident Evil: Revelations and Resident Evil: The Mercenaries 3D in North America until November 4th.

Capcom have discounted Resident Evil: Revelations and Resident Evil: The Mercenaries 3D in North America as part of a Halloween sale on the Nintendo eShop.

Revelations can be picked up for $8.99 on the Nintendo 3DS, while the Wii U version costs $15.99. Meanwhile, The Mercenaries 3D is down to $7.99.

The sale will last until November 4th.

Read more stories about Nintendo 3DS & Resident Evil: Revelations & Resident Evil: The Mercenaries 3D & Wii U on Siliconera.

Nintendo CEO Iwata recovers from surgery, returns to work

(5 hours ago)

Good news, Nintendo fans -- CEO Satoru Iwata has returned to his position at the company following a medical-related absence, and notes that he has recovered well enough to resume his regular duties.

Iwata missed a shareholders' meeting in June after revealing that he required surgery to remove a bile duct tumor. Iwata told Reuters that he lost weight during the past few months, but otherwise feels "healthier" after the operation.

Welcome back, Iwata! For real though, what's with the bananas?

[Image: Nintendo]​

source:Siliconera & Reuters

Last edited:
That Excitebike track looks awesome. This Mario Kart 8 DLC has got to be in contention for best DLC ever, right?

I dunno, the overall aesthetic of the Excitebike track looks cool, but but it looks kinda plain and boring. I could be wrong, though. There just doesn't look to be much to it, but we'll see.

Wii U And Nintendo 3DS To Allow Users To Pre-Download Games. October 29, 2014 . 9:40pm

The ability to pre-purchase and pre-load games onto your Nintendo 3DS and Wii U is coming to both consoles.

The ability to pre-purchase and pre-load games onto your Nintendo 3DS and Wii U is coming to both consoles, Nintendo revealed at an investor meeting today.

The feature, Nintendo said, will debut alongside Super Smash Bros. for Wii U, and will be introduced on Nintendo 3DS in 2015.

Earlier in the year, Nintendo introduced the ability to pre-purchase the digital versions of Wii U and Nintendo 3DS games via their online catalogue. The company said today that they will also make it possible for consumers to purchase games digitally off online stores, and have them downloaded directly to their devices without having to enter the Nintendo eShop afterwards.

This will be done by allowing users to enter their Nintendo Network ID and password on the online store in question at the time of purchase. Following this, the game they purchased will be downloaded automatically to their Wii U or 3DS without the need to enter the eShop. Nintendo say that Amazon and other online retailers will support this feature in the future.

Read more stories about Nintendo 3DS & Wii U on Siliconera.

Wii U, 3DS
Nintendo details Quality of Life project, automatic downloads, and pre-load starting with Super Smash Bros.
Published 1 day ago. 0 comments.

The latest from Nintendo's semi-annual financial results briefing.
Ninty-Financials_10-30-14.jpg

Nintendo detailed its Quality of Life project, automatic downloads, and upcoming pre-load capability for Wii U (and next year 3DS), as well as other information during its semi-annual financial results briefing today.
Find the full lot of information gathered below.
Wii U
After announcing the Wii U games lineup at E3, people started to re-evaluate the system as a platform, according to Nintendo president and CEO Satoru Iwata.
Mario Kart 8 launched globally in May, and Super Smash Bros. for Wii U is scheduled for next month. Before Nintendo’s recent “50-Fact Extravaganza” broadcast, people were skeptical over how much more content the Wii U version of Super Smash Bros. would include. But it showed notable differences from the 3DS version and Nintendo believes the two versions will not cannibalize each other. According to Iwata, the more the 3DS version is sold, the greater the momentum for the Wii U version becomes.
Automatic Downloads
In the U.S. market, Nintendo has started direct digital sales through Nintendo.com. Until now, consumers were required to turn on the game platform and enter the purchased download code at the Nintendo eShop to play the download version of a game purchased online. But from now, by using your Nintendo Network ID when purchasing the game at an online shop, the game will be automatically downloaded through the SpotPass feature.
“This function makes possible, for example, purchasing a game at an online shop while being away from home, and enjoying the game soon after arriving home, without having to wait for the game to be downloaded, which would be completed by then,” Iwata said.
Currently, in addition to Nintendo.com, the function is available at Rakuten books, but will soon be available at other online shops, including Amazon.
Pre-Load
The pre-load system already available on PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and Steam will soon come to Wii U with the launch of Super Smash Bros. for Wii U.
The system will allow a user to download “most of the game content” of a purchased digital game prior to its release. When it launches, users can start playing after only ownloading a requisite minimum amount of update data.
The pre-load system will be available both via the automatic download system detailed earlier, as well as via download cards sold at stores.
The system will be implemented on Wii U first, and on 3DS next year.
Quality of Life

The first theme of Nintendo’s “Quality of Life” business will be “health.” This project will be non-wearable, non-contact, non-operating, non-waiting, and non-installation-based. Basically, non-sensing.
Iwata spoke a bit about the health theme:
Visualizing sleep and fatigue.
Everyone needs to sleep, and all of us get tired.
There is no argument that whether or not we have sound sleep or not significantly affects our health, and many of us recognize through our daily lives that accumulated fatigue makes it difficult to maintain good health. However, we tend to recognize these conditions in a subjective fashion. Fatigue and sleep are themes that are rather hard to visualize in more objective ways. At Nintendo, we believe that if we could visualize them, there would be great potential for many people regardless of age, gender, language or culture.
A “Quality of Life Sensor,” which will automatically measure sleep conditions under Nintendo’s non-sensing concept, is in development. All you have to do is place the sensor on your bedside and it will measure the movements of your body, your breathing, and your heartbeat using radio frequencies. This data is gathered and transmitted to the servers, which will be analyzed and used to visually represent sleep and fatigue results. Based on the results, services intended to improve the user’s quality of life will be recommended. Data will continue to be gathered each day to observe the gradual improvements these recommendations make.
Nintendo is partnering with ResMed to realize this project. It intends to launch the platform in 2016. The app that the hardware will come with will run on both smartphones and game systems.
Nintendo 3DS
Pre-orders for Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire have been robust worldwide. In Japan, pre-orders are near that of Pokemon X and Y. In the U.S., they are in line with X and Y. And in Europe, they are far exceeding X and Y.
3DS hardware sales decreased in the first half of 2014 due to Nintendo not releasing any million-selling titles in the Japanese market. However, starting with Yokai Watch 2 in July, Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS in September, and the recently released Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate, sales have increased. Furthermore, Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire are due out in November.
Nintendo promises to continue this “enriching” lineup of 3DS titles next year.
As for the New 3DS models, which launched this month in Japan, Nintendo does not plan to launch them in the western market this year.

Read More

3DS, Wii U, Nintendo, Super Smash Bros.
Lastly of which this was put up in it's own thread

Nintendo Will Release Limited Edition Amiibos Says Iwata. October 30, 2014 . 3:29pm

In addition to their regular line-up of Amiibo figurines, Nintendo will also produce limited edition Amiibos.

In addition to their regular line-up of Amiibo figurines, Nintendo will also produce limited edition Amiibos, president Satoru Iwata said to investors this week.

“The amiibo figure lineup for Super Smash Bros. will continue to be released even after this year-end sales season, and we hope that this will help to update store shelves,” Iwata said. “As store shelf space is limited, some amiibo will remain stocked on the shelves as staple choices while some will be limited-time offers which will cede their positions to new ones once they are sold out.”

He added, “With these offerings, I believe the Nintendo characters lined up on shelves, which usually only contain standard-sized boxes, will have an outstanding presence, and this means a lot to us.”

Read more stories about amiibo & Nintendo 3DS & Wii U on Siliconera.
source:Siliconera & Gematsu

Last edited:
Tengami’s Japanese Pop-Up Book World Arrives On Wii U On November 13th. November 3, 2014 . 1:28pm

You have to pull, fold, and flip the environment to solve puzzles in this adventure inspired by Japanese fairy tales.

[YT]3xuSyxGQ8DY[/YT]

NyamNyam has announced that its pop-up book puzzle-adventure game Tengami will be released on the Wii U eShop on November 13th in Europe, North America, Australia, and New Zealand. It’ll cost you $9.99 / £6.99 / €7.99.

Tengami is inspired by Japanese arts, crafts, and ancient fairy tales. It has a pop-up book art style that requires you to pull, fold, flip, and otherwise manipulate its environments to solve puzzles.

The game is already available on iOS for the price of $4.99 over on the App Store. It should also be coming to Windows and Mac in the future. More details about Tengami can be found on its website.

Read more stories about iPhone & PC & Tengami & Videos & Wii U on Siliconera

source:Siliconera

That sounds very interesting, but I wonder why it's so much more on Wii U than mobile? More content?

So it looks like there will be a general Nintendo Direct tomorrow, covering the rest of the year and early 2015. Hoping for more on Splatoon.

I hope they announce the exact goddamn date for the MK8 DLC. I want Link dammit!

Yeah, I don't know why they haven't? I wouldn't be surprised if it drops on the same day as Smash.

Amino support for MK8 will be patched in Nov. 13. The function will be that you can dress up your Mii racer with a costume from the compatible amiibo. I'm on my phone so I can't post the list. People are expecting the first dlc pack to release around the same time.

Nov 13th would make the most sense. Release them same day as a patch. I wonder if Nintendo has any surprises up its sleeves tomorrow. I usually say "no, they won't" but then Mewtwo happened and now I never know what Nintendo is gonna whip out on us.

So it looks like there will be a general Nintendo Direct tomorrow, covering the rest of the year and early 2015. Hoping for more on Splatoon.
yep.

Wii U, 3DS
Wii U and 3DS Nintendo Direct set for tomorrow
Published 6 hours ago. 0 comments.

Focused on Wii U and 3DS games releasing in 2014 and beyond.
Ninty-Direct-Tomorrow_11-04-14.jpg

A Nintendo Direct broadcast focused on Wii U and 3DS titles releasing by the end of 2014 and beyond will air tomorrow at 2 p.m. PT / 5 p.m. ET / 10 p.m. UK time.
You’ll be able to watch it at the following links:

Via the Nintendo Direct website (and probably Nintendo’s YouTube channel as well, once the event goes live).

Read More

3DS, Wii U, Nintendo, Nintendo Direct
source:Gematsu

That's US Nintendo Direct – 2 pm PT / 5 pm ET for most of us

Last edited:
Man i really hope the DLC for MK8 is released on the 14th... but that also means they have 10 days to reveal each of the 8 tracks .. and they've thus far only showcased 2... so I really hope they arn't going to slow release the vids for them, and it ends up being the end of the month

I'm going to get home just in time to watch this.

Man i really hope the DLC for MK8 is released on the 14th... but that also means they have 10 days to reveal each of the 8 tracks .. and they've thus far only showcased 2... so I really hope they arn't going to slow release the vids for them, and it ends up being the end of the month

They've only shown 2? I feel like we've seen more than that.

Hey so I read someplace that a leaked list of MK8 compatible amiibo's was floating around. Fox was on that list. Fox DLC would blow my damn mind. I don't foresee them doing anymore DLC after this group.

They've only shown 2? I feel like we've seen more than that.

the only one's ive seen, and that are clips on the nintendo video app thing on the wii U are ...

Excite Bike, and the GCN Yoshi track.

there's plenty of unconfirmed ones, but those are the only 2 we've officially scene. We know there's a Zelda and an F-zero track somewhere too, but we don't know which DLC or where

http://www.mariowiki.com/Mario_Kart_8#DLC_Cups

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"