Superman Returns Will anyone be dissapointed if SR's 3 day boxoffice take is less than IA2?

antariksh

Civilian
Reaction score
Just wondering guys if u will be dissapointed?

One thing is for sure that if it does has a 3 day weekend less than IA 2 then the entire f****n media will call SR a dissapointment at boxoffice just like KK.

As for me i don't care as long as it does KK type worldwide boxoffice, I will be happy.

antariksh said:
Just wondering guys if u will be dissapointed?

One thing is for sure that if it does has a 3 day weekend less than IA 2 then the entire f****n media will call SR a dissapointment at boxoffice just like KK.

As for me i don't care as long as it does KK type worldwide boxoffice, I will be happy.

IMHO Superman will beat IA2 opeaning numbers because
1) kids age 12-17 will pay to see Superman with there friends not IA2(not to say that some will not just most)
2) over 85% of the people who saw IA2 openning weekend will see Superman opening weekend
i have more reasons why I think so i just don't feel like typing them all...thx:)norm

I don't expect big box office numbers for SR. Hope it does well.

from show west all of the theatre managers that went got to see a pretty good bit of the film and they said it was good, wasnt a final cut by any means but they say its looking promising, i think it will do good, there wont be that much compition around its release date xmen and mission impossible 3 would have died down by then , so will open them up for a good release, no with pirates of the carribean 2 opening the next weekend that may give it a runs for its money , but as far as the first weekend opening i think it will do good

I will be extremely dissapointed.

But it's unlikely.

SR opens in JUNE 30TH

SUMMER. JULY 4TH WEEKEND. HOLIDAY BOOST.

I don't really care either way. Box office figures mean nothing to me. I'm not a studio head. I don't have any money invested in the film. All I'm looking for is a good movie.

skruloos said:
I don't really care either way. Box office figures mean nothing to me. I'm not a studio head. I don't have any money invested in the film. All I'm looking for is a good movie.

Same here.

pirates 2 is sounding less and less ummm fun. supes will do well

btw july 4th did nothing but hurt spidey2 so its a date that is over-rated. the first week in may is hot still though i expected mi-3 to rock

Superman Returns is going to beat Ice Age 2 like a dog.

Of course Superman Returns will do better! It is to long ago we saw a Superman movie.

Steve

VGPOP said:
I will be extremely dissapointed.

But it's unlikely.

SR opens in JUNE 30TH

SUMMER. JULY 4TH WEEKEND. HOLIDAY BOOST.

And just why will you be "extremely dissapointed"? That's just stupid, if anyone is extremely dissapointed, it's going to be the studio and all. It's going to be the same movie no matter what it makes.

Mr. Socko said:
And just why will you be "extremely dissapointed"? That's just stupid, if anyone is extremely dissapointed, it's going to be the studio and all. It's going to be the same movie no matter what it makes.

If SR makes less than $70 million dollars (ONE OF THE MOST ANTICIPATED MOVIES, IF NOT THE MOST ANTICIPATED MOVIE OF THE YEAR), of course I'll be dissapointed.

But like I said, it's very unlikely. I'm not too worry about that.

skruloos said:

My thoughts exactly. I hope it does well in that sense, for those people involved in the film that way, but for me, I'm just looking for a good movie. If it ends up being a bad movie, then thats when my disappointment sets in.

VGPOP said:
If SR makes less than $70 million dollars (ONE OF THE MOST ANTICIPATED MOVIES, IF NOT THE MOST ANTICIPATED MOVIE OF THE YEAR), of course I'll be dissapointed.
But why? What do you have invested in the financial gain of the film? Do you have bets placed ?on it or something? Or do you work for the production and get a percentage of the box office? Or is it simply because of pride and you don't want to be wrong?

skruloos said:
Word. I just want the movie to be solid and for it to make enough money to warrant a sequel. I don't care if it breaks records or anything, as that is irrelevant to me. Titanic broke records and that sure as hell isn't in my DVD library.

Superman is mamoth, juggernaut, the media event of the year... only comparable to the World Cup.... here in Brazil, especially in Rio de Janeiro, they started selling SR toys all over town...

skruloos said:
But why? What do you have invested in the financial gain of the film? Do you have bets placed ?on it or something? Or do you work for the production and get a percentage of the box office? Or is it simply because of pride and you don't want to be wrong?

If SR bombs badly at the box-office, there could not be a sequel. And I'm talking $30 million opening weekend and like $100 million domestic box office. and $225 million worldwide.

But it's unlikely.

VGPOP said:
If SR bombs badly at the box-office, there could not be a sequel. And I'm talking $30 million opening weekend and like $100 million domestic box office. and $225 million worldwide.

But it's unlikely.
Ah. So you have a personal investment in the sequel?

I find it funny that people complain about Hollywood running out of ideas and making too many sequels and remakes but as soon as one of their favorite franchises is put on the screen, it's sequel talk galore.

I take it at a movie per movie basis. If the first one is good but didn't make tons of money, fine. There's no sequel. At least I got a good movie. If the movie is good and makes tons of money, great. A sequel comes out and hopefully it's at least as good as the first one. Now, if the first movie is bad...then I'll be disappointed.

X3 and SR will do well; whether people admit it or not, competition breeds sales and everyone will want to see both films to see which one was better.

Every report I've read always claims that the footage made believers out of the audience, so I'll expect the actual film to quiet naysayers. I think it will impress us all.

REMEMBER: BB didn't make 50 million its opening weekend, and it went on to gross more than 4 times that domestically. SR will make more money that BB imo, because it's more accessible to families, teenagers, and adults. From 8 to 80, this is a film every one can see. The statements about it bombing are really foolish.

But ages 8-80 couldn't see Batman Begins...

Ill say Superman will do well between $450 to $600 million Im guessing worldwide

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"