Will Churches and christians get on Ghost Rider?

webhead731

I'm a photographer
Reaction score
Since it has all this stuff to do with Satan and stuff, I think they will.

Now, I'm christian, but I'm still really excited to see this. I've been waiting since like 2001 or 2002 and I've been reading the comics since like 1998 or 1999. It's just a movie. Not like it will change my mind about God or anything.

I just hope people don't start roasting this movie.:(

As long as Satan is considered evil I don't see why they'd care. But then again, they've been known to jump on things without really taking stock first (The DaVinci Code).

Someone said they read something like this somewhere online:

"Satan should not be treated like a hero in this movie."

Idiots. He's not.:o

I can see this potentially being "The da Vinci Code" of superhero movies.

I'd be surprised if there's much of a fuss. It's not an acidic joke at religion's expense like Dogma or serious and controversial like The Exorcist. It's a PG-13 comic book action movie and I think most folk will regard it as harmless fun.

:hyper:

Ehh I doubt it. Superman Returns had some pretty thick Christ suggestive scenes and I didn't hear much uproar about that. But then again who knows what the hell the nuts of the religion are going to attack. I have heard some actually bash and whine about things in X3 most of the things just being wayyy too sensitive. And if anything major religious controversy would HELP Ghost Rider. It did wonders for the Passion of the Christ and the Davinci Code.

Well, here in Italy Hellboy never provoked any catholic fuss... i don't recall similar problems in US too.. and since that movie and GR have a quite similar theme i don't think the latter will have any problems.
Still, religion and logic don't mix well so, hey if it happens it's always publicity:D

My mom is a christian but she wouldn't let the theme of the movie prevent her from seeing it is after all at end of the day still a movie.She actually used to be a major horror fan:word:

As a devout Satan worshipper, I'm angered that he's getting such a bad rap. Satan better win in this one!

Retroman said:
My mom is a christian but she wouldn't let the theme of the movie prevent her from seeing it is after all at end of the day still a movie.She actually used to be a major horror fan:word:

Wish all Christians made sense like her. There is the group out there that take things way too seriously and ruin things for everyone else.

I'm sure there are going to be a few that will jump to conclusions.
There's one guy on a board that keeps comparing Supes as the second coming of Christ, and turns around a bashes Thor!
So I take it in stride, I know what I like and not much will change my mind.

kaijunexus said:
As a devout Satan worshipper, I'm angered that he's getting such a bad rap. Satan better win in this one!
Technically he has. More than likely GR is gonna get most if not all the escaped demons, and on top of that he has Blaze's soul.

No. People didn't get on Hellboy.

In Hellboy the hero was LITERALLY the Anti-Christ. And the title was Hellboy, that already broke the rule of all titles having to be G-rated.

This is one conversation I never, ever imagined would happen. Crazy.

TheVileOne said:

In Hellboy the hero was LITERALLY the Anti-Christ. And the title was Hellboy, that already broke the rule of all titles having to be G-rated.

http://www.capalert.com/capreports/hellboy.htm

There is one VERY in-depth review on Hellboy and how it is an abomination. There are probably a ton of Christian parents that just looked at the title and wouldn't allow their children to see it. EVERY movie regarding religion gets looked at by the religion being portrayed just in different degrees. Did Hellboy get as much as say The Da Vinci Code? Of course not but if you look around you find some for every religious movie.

That site is freaking awesome! It lists all the examples of violence and brutality occuring in the film! And besides the silly quotes from the bible and the condemning of the film it actually gives a good summary of the movie's characters.

I don't remember a christian uproar from constantine, and that was much more focased on the christian religion. there were direct references to christ and the devil. =X

RedIsNotBlue said:
Ehh I doubt it. Superman Returns had some pretty thick Christ suggestive scenes and I didn't hear much uproar about that. But then again who knows what the hell the nuts of the religion are going to attack. I have heard some actually bash and whine about things in X3 most of the things just being wayyy too sensitive. And if anything major religious controversy would HELP Ghost Rider. It did wonders for the Passion of the Christ and the Davinci Code.
i hate it when they start bashing movies like that, they make the flik misserable for everyone esle just because they don't like it, i don't want to offend anyone, but i thik those religion-extremists need to lay off and keep their rants in the church and out of the theater

again, i appologize if i offended anyone, i'm just trying to express my oppinion:dew:

They didn't jump on Constantine, and that movie had the angel Gabriel, the left hand of God, turn evil and try to create hell on earth. So I sort of doubt it.

I think the character of Gabriel was not the angel Gabriel, but as Constantine said, a 'half-breed piece of *****"

:ghost:

Constantine had some Shamanism, some Hinduism, Islam references also.

TheVileOne said:

but that movie was bad.....

christians bich about the good ones......like if they think they will make a profit..lol

if catholics bich about GR...... im moving on to another religion:csad:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"