Will Ferrell

QueerMike

Sidekick
Reaction score
I have been persistent in my belief that Will Ferrell isn't that good. I felt all of his movies were grossly overrated until I saw Talladega Nights. Granted, I felt Talladega Nights was what it was because of John C. Reilly, Sascha Baron Cohen, and Gary Cole but it was still a Ferrell movie I would watch again.

Semi-Pro looks like it may be just as good. What do you think is Will Ferrell's best role?

chaz michael michaels.

he had the best one liners ever.

Well Ricky Bobby, Chazz Michael MIchaels and the guy in Semi-Pro are all the same character, so.

His best role: Harold Crick, Stranger than Fiction.

My favorite: Ron Burgandy

Favorites:

1. Ron Burgandy
2. Franz in "The Producers"
3. Harold Crick
4. Frank the Tank in "Old School"
5. Buddy in Elf
6. Insert mainstream comedies he has done since Anchorman (Talledega Nights, Blades of Glory, etc. all the same character)
7. Mugato in Zoolander
8. Guy in Wedding Crashers
9. Big Earl in Starsky and Hutch

All funny performances but Ricky Bobby is getting seriously dated and boring as I have no interest to see Semi-Pro.

Ron Burgundy FTW

Stranger than Fiction

Ferrells style is so tired. I only see his movies when he has a great supporting cast,they are who really shine in his movies

Anchorman is not only a movie now.

It's a culture/religion

Ferrell is coming out with a movie with John C. Reiley again called Step-Brothers. It's coming out this summer. I think it could be just as funny as Talladega Nights. Those two make a great team!

Even though I like Old School better than Anchorman, Ron Burgundy is my favorite character.

Ron Burgundy was Ferrell's best character, followed by Frank the Tank and Ricky Bobby.

Anchorman is the best Will Ferrel movie ever.

Will Ferrell has become hit or miss. Some of his roles and movies are really funny, but some just....suck. He sticks with the same formula recently, though, which is getting tired. "Will Ferrell tackles a new sport/profession! OOHHH!!!"

Talladega Nights and Anchorman are really great, and I'd go as far to say that Elf was one of his best movies. Yeah, it's more kid friendly, but he fit that role perfectly, because Will Ferrell is essentially a man-child.

Blades of Glory is reaaaaaally bad, though. Semi-Pro looks to be just as bad. It'll have funny parts, like all of his other movies, but I haven't seen anything that made a laugh yet.

Agreed theshape, some of his roles like Ricky Bobby and the guy and austin powers were really funny but I didnt like him in kicking and screaming. I think talladega nights really made me like him, one of my favorite comedies

BTW, does anyone have "Love Me Sexy" from Jackie Moon? I got it on itunes, very dirty song but very funny lol

Anchorman... we all know this.

Granted, his shtick may be getting old. I haven't decided yet.

Is it just me, or do Will Ferrel and Ron Perlman look like brothers?

65417469wl4.jpg
2751802723xf4.jpg

don't care for him... wait

don't care for the choices he makes... I mean **** semi-pro? can we do another sport movie?!

CMON!

Wil Ferrel and Ryan Seacrest have got to be the two luckiest men alive. :dry: I don't get Wil Ferrel at all. I haven't seen him in a good movie, yet. The ones I've seen have all sucked. :(

Ferrel is hilarious. Not because he's particularly dramatically talented, he's just a hilarious person. He's funny looking, he's funny sounding, and he channels his energy better than most people do. Although I'm guessing he could be a good dramatic actor if he wanted to be and people gave him the chance.

Ferrel is hilarious. Not because he's particularly dramatically talented, he's just a hilarious person. He's funny looking, he's funny sounding, and he channels his energy better than most people do. Although I'm guessing he could be a good dramatic actor if he wanted to be and people gave him the chance.

"Stranger Than Fiction" was more of a dramatic role for him, and he was very good in it.:up:

The only Will Ferrel movie I've enjoyed was "Anchorman". I don't know why either. I just love it.

I know this sounds incredibly corny and stupid, but Anchorman actually holds a special place in my heart.

"Stranger Than Fiction" was more of a dramatic role for him, and he was very good in it.:up:

The only Will Ferrel movie I've enjoyed was "Anchorman". I don't know why either. I just love it.

How can Anchorman be the only Will Ferrell movie you enjoy, when you just recommended Stranger than Fiction?

Anchorman is my favorite Ferrell movie, but I also enjoyed Stranger in Fiction and Elf. I though his cameo in Wedding Crashers was funny also.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"