The Avengers Will it all be worth it in the end?

Doctor Jones

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I think people are putting a little too much excitement and credit for Marvel into doing all of this. I think they're doing a smart thing in putting the Avengers stuff at the end credits, but in the end, will an Avengers film be any good to the building hype of all of this since Iron Man? I mean IM was a success, people weren't crazy about TIH, and we don't know how the audience will resoind to Thor and Captain America. If those two don't do well, the audiences may not have any interest in those characters to see them in The Avengers. I just think people are putting too much into Marvel when the success hasn't even happened yet. I'm not saying it won't work, it definitely can. But will an will it be worth a **** and be a great film in all of this buildup, hype and excitement? It doesn't help that Zak Penn is writing the script either. Plus, the film could flat out suck, though it has the same possibility of being very good.

DC, criticize them all you want for not getting the ball rolling on their other properties, but they're doing a smart thing. Taking it slow and doing self contained films and sees if they will succeed. They dropped out of the JL film (thank God) because of Nolan and the Batman they already had.

Marvel, while it's no doubt cool to possily see all the guys in the same film, may or may not be able to succeed and be worth a **** in the end.

Nonsense. There's no information to suggest the Avengers will be a dissapointment.

Whats more, I don't believe fan enthusiasm will kill the film. Most fans have very small demands for the film for example; I want to see all the Avengers together. Hardly impossible to pull off.

And I would also add that Marvel is definetly taking their time with the properties. They delayed Thor by about a year just to make sure it was as good as it deserves to be.

I never said it wouldn't work, I said it's possible it may not and may not live up to all this build up in all these films. If they take their time and do it the right way, then yeah, it can be a great film. I just think people have placed the success of Marvel's decisions when most of them hasn't even happened yet.

It better be. It really all depends on how IM2, Thor, and Cap set up the film. All of the machinations, villains, and SHIELD work should be set up when Avengers comes around. The film should simply be the 6th and final act of a 12+ hour movie. We've met Iron Man, Hulk, Thor, Cap, and SHIELD now let's put them together and let them loose!

I hope it doesn't become the next SM3. I am not expecting it to win best picture or anything, but there is the potential for flat out suckage. I do think that's highly unlikely as long as the other films are decent.

I'm caught up in the excitement of watching it all come together. They've done a good job so far and the best thing is that they are trying. I think it's going to turn out really good though.

I hope it doesn't become the next SM3. I am not expecting it to win best picture or anything, but there is the potential for flat out suckage. I do think that's highly unlikely as long as the other films are decent.

I think that the difference between the Avengers and SM3, is that there didn't seem to be an overaching plan for SM3. The fans clamored for Venom and he was shoehorned into a plot that really didn't need him. I think we can take comfort in the knowledge that each of these individual movies are being planned with the idea that there is a bigger plot that will culminate in the Avengers. It is probably also worth noting that the Avenger is not the ultimate goal, what they really want is a Marvel Universe that will allow for cameos should the story and need arise.

I never said it wouldn't work, I said it's possible it may not and may not live up to all this build up in all these films.

That's a risk you take with pretty much anything, anything could turn out a failure, it's no reason not to do it. It's impossible for anyone (including those on the inside) to know if something is going to turn out successful or not.

Obviously there are ways of minimizing potential faliure, like have the a talente team willing to put in the hours.

So I have to give Marvel major props just for even trying to something so ambitious.

Time will tell, of course, if it will yurn out well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"