Will Smith and Margot Robbie prepare to Focus

Will Smith turning down Django was really disappointing. I just assumed he didn't want to do anything that controversial because of his image. I'm glad he's getting his career back on track though.

I need to hit a showing tomorrow night. My interest in this thing has increased a lot.

Some morons on Twitter don't get it. He's saying she was born two months before the series first debuted in 1990.

Focus was pretty middling. Slick setup, but a weak story.

Margot Robbie is the new Sam Worthington.

Some people are so transparent they should be called Mister Glass.

Well, I confess I never got what all the fuss was about considering she had only had one role and we were suddenly fan casting her like a mother****er. She's grown on me to an extent but I need to still see more.

She had not just one role but a nude role ( in a good movie ), she is pretty and showed the goods, the fan casting equation is simple :)

And of course they didn't.

Well, I confess I never got what all the fuss was about considering she had only had one role and we were suddenly fan casting her like a mother****er. She's grown on me to an extent but I need to still see more.

I'm with you on this.

If you're talking about the "Is there an interracial sex scene" question, I would have to say that I was wondering if they would actually show something like that in this film.

Yep, it was what I was talking about. Not surprising they didn't show anything.

Saw this last night. The movie itself is okay. Pretty outlandish but sometimes fun to watch.

However, Margot Robbie alone is literally worth the price of admission. She's so beautiful and radiant, that I could not take my eyes off her whenever she was on screen. I really think she's going to kill it as Harley Quinn.

I'm with you on this.

Yep, it was what I was talking about. Not surprising they didn't show anything.

There wasn't a full-blown sex scene in the film, period. I'm not sure why the race of the characters matter or has even been a discussion.

However, this interracial "couple" does have sex in the film, twice. And Robbie's boobies are seen briefly.

Totally agree with you on that point. Foxx wasn't anything special or interesting. Smith oozes charisma.

He said that Waltz's character is the lead in a film about Django. Smith felt like Django was a supporting character, and he wasn't down for that. So that's why he dropped it.

Nope.

Smith had a problem with Waltz killing Candie. He felt it should be Django. That was his only gripe with QT. QT wouldn't budge and Jamie was game.

I didn't even think about it, but someone asked a interesting question in the comments about race...

http://badassdigest.com/2015/02/26/focus-movie-review-will-smiths-latest-could-be-a-bit-sharper/

Even though it's 2015 interracial couples on film and television are rare. It's even more rare to see them kissing or having a sex scene. Even though Will Smith is mainstream and has cross over appeal, there were some white female actors that still didn't want to do this movie due to Will's race. I strongly believe race was the reason Kristen Stewart backed out. Not the lame excuse about age diffrence because she was excited about doing the movie when Affleck was attached( who's only like three years younger than Will, 43 I think) but quickly backed out when Will took his place. But really it's a win for us because I think Margot is way superior to Kristen in acting and looks lol. Not saying Kristen is ugly but come on yall know Margot looks better lol.

It's not really rare in public anymore. I see interracial couples in droves here in California. White males and Asian women, Black males and white women are the most common of the pairing.

Last edited:
What's going on in real life isn't really the issue. It's more about how Hollywood does or doesn't depict them.

I remember reading the idea of an interracial relationship was one of the reasons Sony was never going to let Spidey be played by a Black actor for the Amazing version.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"