The Dark Knight Will The Next Step in The Virals Lead To Two-Face?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Un1que

Civilian
Reaction score
From IGN
Warner Bros. brass were reportedly meeting today to determine how to sell The Dark Knight, both as a film and in terms of merchandising, in light of the recent death of one of the film's stars, Heath Ledger.

According to Slate.com, the studio still intends on releasing The Dark Knight as planned this July, but their sources claim that the studio might hire a voice actor to loop some of Ledger's dialogue as The Joker.

There's still a debate over whether Ledger was finished with post-production work on the film. As Slate points out, "the studio's denials would be understandable: Warner wouldn't want the public to be listening for variations in the voice when the movie is released."

The site claims that a voice actor will almost certainly provide The Joker's voice for theme park attractions and merchandising tie-ins. Warners is trying to determine how to sell products bearing Ledger's likeness as The Joker, which the actor gave his consent to, without appearing to be exploiting his death.

Slate also reports that the movie's marketing campaign was set to soon begin shifting focus away from The Joker even before Ledger's death. A source close to the project says the plan all along was to start with the Joker and then segue to the image of Aaron Eckhart as Two-Face.
In the film, Two-Face is in a love triangle with Rachel Dawes, played by Maggie Gyllenhaal."

Yes, they have already said I believe that it will eventually lead into 2-face

yeah i wanna start hearing stuff about twoface since we havent gotten anything on him yet. i dont even know if he will have a big part in the movie.

Yes Two-face does have a big part in this movie

I don't think we'd segue into Two-Face yet, since [blackout]Harvey Dent's supposed to turn in the movie[/blackout] and right now the games seem to be happening as if we're taking part in the movie's timeline ourselves.

More stuff on Harvey would definitely be expected, though.

I don't think we'd segue into Two-Face yet, since [blackout]Harvey Dent's supposed to turn in the movie[/blackout] and right now the games seem to be happening as if we're taking part in the movie's timeline ourselves.

i agree. i had said this along time ago because i think the prolouge section is going to take place and we are helping joker plan the robbery. in short, we will not see two face until the movie.

I thought they would wait to expose Two-Face until the film, considering he is not supposed to be revealed until toward the end of the film. Why ruin that if it does not exist in the current time we are in? It is hard to articulate, but what I am trying to ask is, does it make much sense to reveal Two-Face pre-movie?

I still REALLY hope they do nothing with Two Face. I love how they are only marketing Joker, since we know Two Face will be a main character, if not the main villain. I loved the misdirection, they weren't Spider-man 3ing us and showing us the whole damn movie before it came out.

wait...theme park attractions?...as in a show or ride(=D)?

what i have to say about it has been already said, so i'll leave it at that.

I'm indifferent towards this article. I believe the voice acting not being completed is bull*****. But I guess we'll see.

I agree, all of this looks to be along the timeline leading up to the movie. The marketing will probably focus heavily on Harvey, with the whole 'We are the answer' bit, but not Two Face.

New news: WB has purchased one commercial spot for the Superbowl. It has yet to be confirmed what movie they are promoting or when it is going to be aired, but we all should keep an eye out for it on Sunday. I hate football, but I'll watch it just for a possible glimpse of the Dark Knight.

You can see the commercial info at Spotbowl.com

^ I dont mind football that much, but every year I watch the game just to see the commericals.

They are always the best

^ I dont mind football that much, but every year I watch the game just to see the commericals.

They are always the best

Dammit! I just realized I have to work on Sunday from 11-6. I'm going to miss it. Well, if you guys see anything involving TDK, lemme know!:cwink:

Well guys. You know what they say. Keep your friends close. But your Phones closer. I have a hunch things will set interesting after kick off.

If it's not footage of the film, I bet it will be a weird message with a URL address for a viral game. Maybe both.

as long as i never here the word ninja again im good yesterday was irritating

Do you guys think the Joker viral stuff will conclude with the prologue being officially released online?????

its possible. maybe the virals already over?
if its nt i think itll proly go wit the joker thing n lead to twoface

I'd be willing to bet we'll see no Two-Face in the marketing, just Harvey Dent before he gets "scarred".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"