The Dark Knight Will The Next Step in The Virals Lead To Two-Face?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Exactly. When the first site cropped up I thought straight away, with a couple of other guys on this site, that that would be the angle that they would approach to marketing Dent. Set up political websites, gearing up to a campaign. Like you said, something, anything for Super Tuesday, whilst everyone is in a 'Political' mood, would've been a huge plus, to feed off the buzz, would've been cool. I feel that they may have missed out on some 'free' publicity

Who's to say they didn't have something planned though. With heath's death just two weeks ago, WB is probably still unsure about their next movie.

...anything for Super Tuesday, whilst everyone is in a 'Political' mood, would've been a huge plus, to feed off the buzz, would've been cool. I feel that they may have missed out on some 'free' publicity

But Heath's toxicology report just came out today. I'm sure they weren't going to do anything without that being out.

Just curious, why do people think Valentine's day will be when we'll get something new?

Because the past few virals were released on holidays. Bit of a long Halloween thing, so Valentine's day seems a likely time.

About the new virals though:

"Warner Bros. has confirmed Heath Ledger�s work on �The Dark Knight� was completed before his untimely death, and various trade publications have indicated the film�s hugely popular Joker-based interactive marketing scheme will be sidelined if not altogether ceased in favor of a new strategy focused on Harvey Dent, known to Batman fans as Two-Face, played by Aaron Eckhart."

Nothing we haven't heard before, but only more confirmation.

But Heath's toxicology report just came out today. I'm sure they weren't going to do anything without that being out.

Just curious, why do people think Valentine's day will be when we'll get something new?

Hey yeah good point, that didn't cross my mind.

I think the Joker Phones sent out a text saying something about the 'guy in diapers'...correct me if I'm wrong

Some guy on the message board said the diaper thing. The phones only sent out text messages saying they had been renewed for 30 more days.

They should have bought time on CNN, Fox News, and MSNBC on Super Tuesday and played a fake Harvey Dent for DA ad. You know, just people talking about how he's the man to clean up the city, then that first shot we got as the last screen.

Some guy on the message board said the diaper thing. The phones only sent out text messages saying they had been renewed for 30 more days.

2 months actually...

@ 11:49PM I recieved a txt message from the phone's own number stating that $30 had been posted to my account and that next payment is due 03/29/08
HOORAY VIRAL!

I would have thought so, but I guess things with the marketing have been thrown out of loop due to recent events.

They should have bought time on CNN, Fox News, and MSNBC on Super Tuesday and played a fake Harvey Dent for DA ad. You know, just people talking about how he's the man to clean up the city, then that first shot we got as the last screen.

I agree the commercial could have been about up coming Harvey Dent "Live Campaign Rallies" that would be taking place in various places.

Or even a comercial talking about all the things he has done so far like we are the anwser, and possibly mention a new program he has his hands in, and that would lead to a new viral site.

will i hope they kick up hte viral sites i am getting bored but i hope they save two face for the movie.

I just hope that the new viral isn't only for people who got the phones.

I missed so many oppurtunities

There are plenty of people around here with the Joker phones that will fill us in as soon as anything happens anyway. We'll all get a shot at the campaign.

I just hope that the new viral isn't only for people who got the phones.

I missed so many oppurtunities

No worries, folks with the phones will play a part in the game but once the info hits the internet and puzzles need solving, tons of people will come on board to help. Last time I remember there were over 1500 Bat fans discussing the latest viral clue. It was nuts, the boards were running so slow. :woot:

I've never seen threads grow so fast!

No worries, folks with the phones will play a part in the game but once the info hits the internet and puzzles need solving, tons of people will come on board to help. Last time I remember there were over 1500 Bat fans discussing the latest viral clue. It was nuts, the boards were running so slow. :woot:

I've never seen threads grow so fast!

I just hope that other people who missed the oppurtunity from the latest viral campaign can have an oppurtunity as well to play. Not just the people with phones

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Philippe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"