The Defenders Will They Be An Official Team Like The Avengers?

ernesth100

The Writing Avenger
Reaction score
By this I mean will they have costumes with the Defenders logo on it? Will they assemble whenever there's a big threat?

By this I mean will they have costumes with the Defenders logo on it? Will they assemble whenever there's a big threat?

I would say the later, the Defenders seem far less disciplined then the Avengers do this point. We have not seen all the Defenders yet, but I think Daredevil would respectfully object to the need of having logos and other such things, while Jessica would actively mock the idea. Maybe if Luke Cage is somewhat like the Heroes for Hire comic book version, he might like the idea, but I feel like DD and Jessica would try to over rule him. I think Jessica may mock DD a bit at first and DD will find her annoying, till they do things to earn each other's respect later on.

I doubt they'll have a team logo. Although it would amuse the hell out of me if Daredevil adds a D to his costume for the first time to signify he's a defender ;)

My guess is they'll assemble to fight a common threat, you know, foes no single hero could withstand...

Most likely, then after go back to their own respective boroughs.

No, I highly doubt they'll be an official team in any real sense. I picture them being brought together through happenstance, united against a common threat, but that threat is the only thing holding them together. Afterwards they'll go their separate ways. No team name, no logos, no clubhouse. The name "The Defenders" would probably be some off handed remark like "Guardians of the Galaxy" was.

"You can't defend everyone!"

*Episodes later*

"How did you defeat me?!"

"You said it yourself, we're the Defenders."

"That's not what I said at a-" get Iron Fisted

In the comics the Defenders were meant to be a non team who only assembled when needed and did not hang out together, even though that didn't happen in practice. There didn't seem much later on to distinguish them from other teams.

But I could see the Netflix Defenders going down this route.

Down what route official team or temporary?

I think Dark Raven meant that they would be a "temporary team" and come together to deal with a situation (The Defenders mini series) and then go their own way until there's another threat that needs their combined power/teamwork. I could be wrong though.

Non team, like in the comics.

I think Dark Raven meant that they would be a "temporary team" and come together to deal with a situation (The Defenders mini series) and then go their own way until there's another threat that needs their combined power/teamwork. I could be wrong though.

Yep. That's exactly how their non team was supposed to operate in the comics, although sometimes it was hard to tell them apart from any other team.

Yeah, temporary just seems more likely. Not much of a reason for them to be official the more I think about it.

i just cant wait to see this team up its gonna be so bad ass netflix marvel are killing it i have no doubt this will rule all

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"