The Defenders Who will be the villain?

Six

Sidekick
Reaction score
What villains do you think have a chance of being the villain for the Defenders? We already know that Kingpin will be a villain in Daredevil's show, so he could very well be a big part of the Defenders, but I have a feeling they're not going to defeat him so early. Purple Man could be another one, as he is an adversary of both Daredevil and Jessica Jones. I've also heard Wrecking Crew brought up a few times. What are your hopes for the antagonists in the 8 episode Defenders miniseries?

I wouldn't mind it if the Hand were be a common thread in the background throughout all the individual series, while the heroes deal with different primary threats. Then they could take center stage for the team up.

The Kingpin could also be the big-bad for all four, but I think that is less likely (don't ask me why). Maybe someone like The Hood trying to build his own criminal empire, or someone like Taskmaster training criminals could bring the four heroes together.

With DD filming already, I can't believe all we really know is that Kingpin will be a presence. We don't know about any other antagonists. I wonder how much DD will set up future storylines/crossover characters.

EDIT: Oh, and as for the the Wrecking Crew: I hope that if they are ever used in the MCU their Asgardian connection is maintained. Maybe they somehow get the "Berserker Staff" from AOS and find a way to incorporate it into their own weapons, since it essentially did what the Wrecker's crowbar does.

I obviously have a bias, but my belief is the Kingpin should be the main villain. I remember in the 90s cartoon when Kingpin would essentially assemble an army of supervillains. That's kind of how it could go here, with people like Killgrave signing on. In addition, while he's a Daredevil villain, I don't see Daredevil defeating him this season. Instead, if Daredevil goes out with a win, it's more likely to be by defeating someone like Bullseye.

I don't want to see Kingpin get defeated so early. Kingpin should be pulling the strings.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that the Kingpin would necessarily be defeated for good. I'd suggest he would be a mostly Daredevil villain after that, but the details don't matter. I don't think having him be the main villain in Defenders would necessarily mean he's gone forever after that.

Yeah, I definitely think he should have a presence in the Defenders. But I want him to stick around for a long time.

I am predicting that the Maggia will be a recurring presence through all four series, with the Defenders big bad(s) being Count Nefaria (perhaps with a less ridiculous name) and/or Madame Masque.

Yeah, I definitely think he should have a presence in the Defenders. But I want him to stick around for a long time.

^That's my feeling too. I don't want to see Kingpin disappear after one season of DD, for sure. He should be an ongoing factor in Matt's life/Hell's Kitchen. But I still think someone else should be the big bad for the Defenders series.

In fact, if Kingpin were to be the main bad guy in the team-up, I would think he'd be put out of commission for awhile. If DD, JJ, IF, and LC team up against Kingpin, they would seem ineffective if Kingpin were still pestering Matt in a second season of DD.

Kingpin should assemble a team of supervillains, and at the end of The Defenders, Kingpin should be clean in the eyes of the law.

and Taskmaster, Purple Man should be on the team

How about Kingpin manipulates the heroes so they take out his competition but they don't realise that until season 2 or the very end of Season 1 as an end credit scene so we know he's been manipulating them all this time?:cwink:

I know it probably won't happen but I'd love to see Arcade as a villain for TV or film idea.

He has some pretty good material for writers to get stuck into so yeah Arcade would be my top choice for the big bad.

white suit evil grin and mental who would suit up to play Arcade well? Damien Lewis, David Caruso would be my pick looks so much like him

ok.jpg

Last edited:
I would love to see Arcade in a Marvel movie or TV series.

A Marvel movie version of The Running Man me thinks:woot:

Arcade style.:word:

I know it probably won't happen but I'd love to see Arcade as a villain for TV or film idea.

He has some pretty good material for writers to get stuck into so yeah Arcade would be my top choice for the big bad.

white suit evil grin and mental who would suit up to play Arcade well? Damien Lewis, David Caruso would be my pick looks so much like him

ok.jpg

Yes to Arcade, no to Damien Lewis and David Caruso. Y'all know that actors can just dye their hair for a role, right?

Off the top of my head, I think Dane DeHaan, Michael C. Hall, Vincent Kartheiser, or Michael Pitt would all be good choices.

The Kingpin shouldn't be the main villain in The Defenders. The Defenders should come together to take on something bigger than any of them would ever take on by themselves. The big bad shouldn't be a guy that one of the Defenders fights on his own regularly.

Same reason why it shouldn't be Purple Man.

The villain in The Defenders should be something larger than life, but in a quitter way than Loki or Ultron or Thanos are. I'm thinking something spooky and pulpy and supernatural, with creeping horror and ancient underground lairs and whatnot. Maybe something Dr. Strange related.

Well, I think they have to fight more than one thing since there is a team of heroes. I've suggested Kingpin essentially assemble an army of villains. That's certainly bigger than anything one character would fight on his own.

I'm guessing (or rather, WANT) the Hand has a presence in each series before finally being the big bad they need to team up to take on.

Maybe they are. "Hachiro" might be a pretty big role in Daredevil for him to be announced so early. He's a made up character, but he might be a member of the Hand

The Kingpin has criminal schemes that are so sophisticated/run so deep that it often takes more than one hero to unravel them, plus he has the resources to hire multiple supervillains to do his dirty work for him. Heck he's one of the leaders of the Hand in the comics right now. He could easily work as the "big bad" or the Defenders series.

I think that this series would also be a good place to introduce the Punisher. While he's not a villain, his methods would certainly run counter to those of DD & crew. They may both be working to take down the same nemesis, but Punisher's willingness to kill would certainly put him into conflict with the team.

The Kingpin shouldn't be the main villain in The Defenders. The Defenders should come together to take on something bigger than any of them would ever take on by themselves. The big bad shouldn't be a guy that one of the Defenders fights on his own regularly.

Same reason why it shouldn't be Purple Man.

The villain in The Defenders should be something larger than life, but in a quitter way than Loki or Ultron or Thanos are. I'm thinking something spooky and pulpy and supernatural, with creeping horror and ancient underground lairs and whatnot. Maybe something Dr. Strange related.
-Sounds like a job for the Hand, to me.

250px-Thehand.jpg

-And Arcade would be a great villain for television. Michael C. Hall would be great casting for the role.

Yeah, just like the villain for Avengers shouldn't be one that one of them fights regularly, oh wait he was.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"