The Defenders Who will be the villain?

I don't believe the punisher will be a part of the defenders team. The punisher may form a temporary alliance for a couple episode but I don't see him being officially on the team

I agree with those above who said The Hand, led by Elektra, seems the likely villain in the Defenders. I expect they will set up more in Iron Fist.

At this point I'm thinking it's gotta be Kingpin.

I don't remember where I wrote it the first time. I think in this thread probably. But I could see Punisher being the villain instead of a member. Like in Rucka's War Zone arc where the Avengers say enough is enough, the Punisher can't be ignored anymore.

at this point I'm thinking The Hand or some kind of monster they are responsible for...making The Hand a main villain (even with Elektra at head) seems kind of easy for a team of Defenders.(with whomever they have with them, Punisher, MK,CW,Hellcat,etc.)

It would be redundant of DDs2 if it's just more ninjas.

That last point is why I'm now leaning against it. Back when Daredevil season one was setting up something but it was unclear what, the Hand made a lot of sense. Now it makes less sense, but not no sense.

If:
they're going to resurrect Elektra and have her lead the Hand
it would seem even more redundant in Daredevil season 3.

Kingpin or Purple Man. lol

Either one is a Defenders/Avengers tier villain. They would work out just fine.

Kingpin or Purple Man. lol

Either one is a Defenders/Avengers tier villain. They would work out just fine.

Purple Man is toast. Kingpin could somehow be pulling strings from inside prison but it seems like the best bet is [BLACKOUT]Elektra/The Hand.[/BLACKOUT]

Elektra, The Hand, the redhead girl that that was with Nobu and a new main baddie, I guess.

Purple Man is toast. Kingpin could somehow be pulling strings from inside prison but it seems like the best bet is [BLACKOUT]Elektra/The Hand.[/BLACKOUT]

Oh I'm quite certain Kilgrave will return. And purpler than ever.

This is Marvel. No one stays dead. He has a healing factor in the comics.

It's going to be Elektra and the Hand.

This is Marvel. No one stays dead. He has a healing factor in the comics.

But he's so dead. The only way I see him coming back is some JJ flashbacks/dream sequences. Other than that... He is toast.

I definitely disagree. I mean, I get what you mean. I just don't think they'd give up Tennant's Kilgrave that easy. He's the reason to watch that show imo. There are plenty of ways he could come back, but I expect it eventually.

I definitely disagree. I mean, I get what you mean. I just don't think they'd give up Tennant's Kilgrave that easy. He's the reason to watch that show imo. There are plenty of ways he could come back, but I expect it eventually.

I would love to see Kilgrave return solely because of Tennant's fabulous performance, but his death is kind of crucial not only to tying up the JJ series but to Jessica's very character. Now if Marvel really wanted him back I'm pretty sure that wouldn't stop them, but I suspect that the JJ showrunners would take issue with it and fight against it. And I don't think the bigwigs at Marvel are that invested in bringing him back.

I don't want the Defenders all fighting the Hand again. They can fight them for part of the series, but they need some other villains. The Hand get boring.

I think the Hand will be at least one of the villains. DD2 set Elektra as their leader and there are still some questions unanswered,i.e the Big hole in the building and the extent of the black Sky.

I think the Hand will be at least one of the villains. DD2 set Elektra as their leader and there are still some questions unanswered,i.e the Big hole in the building and the extent of the black Sky.

I agree. The Hand will be the main villain for the group. The Black Sky will be activated and the whole hole thing will be unveiled. With [BLACKOUT]Elektra [/BLACKOUT]leading The Hand, it creates an emotional stake for Daredevil, something he'll struggle with causing a conflict with how he saves her. It could create a nice arc for the 4-8 episodes the miniseries is expected to be made up of.

It's going to be Elektra and the Hand.

Wow, have to say I'm surprised you're agreeing with the popular consensus lol.

I agree. The Hand will be the main villain for the group. The Black Sky will be activated and the whole hole thing will be unveiled. With [BLACKOUT]Elektra [/BLACKOUT]leading The Hand, it creates an emotional stake for Daredevil, something he'll struggle with causing a conflict with how he saves her. It could create a nice arc for the 4-8 episodes the miniseries is expected to be made up of.

Yeah, I think it'll be the MCU version of Shadowland, with the Defender's conflict with the Hand being the war Stick was talking about. The Hand will seek to unleash the Beast in New York after obtaining the property there (like in Shadowland), and Elektra will lead the Hand ninjas. It'll take all of the street-level characters to come together and fight them.

I wouldn't like that, at least not for all of the episodes. The Defenders really need another villain than just the Hand. We have already seen Daredevil fight them. Several times.

Perhaps it'll be a Legion of Doom kind of deal. The Hand, Kingpin, Steel Serpent, whoever the Big Bad in Cage is going to be, and an undead Killgrave, all united under a leader like maybe Blackheart or Mephisto.

Perhaps it'll be a Legion of Doom kind of deal. The Hand, Kingpin, Steel Serpent, whoever the Big Bad in Cage is going to be, and an undead Killgrave, all united under a leader like maybe Blackheart or Mephisto.

If Kingpin shows up and gets taken out, it ruins the arc they have him set up for season 3. With the show runners of Daredevil show running The Defenders, I don't see The Kingpin being a huge threat other than maybe getting out of jail... But even then, I think he'll be sidelined.

Steel Serpent will probably be Iron Fist's villain and could possibly show up with the Hand. One person I don't see coming back outside of flashbacks or dream sequences is The Purple Man. He is dead. Killgrave is dead. Get over it people. Yes, he could be revived via the Hand but what would they use him for? Wouldn't he just talk his way out of being held by them? As for Blackheart and Mephisto, I don't see them coming to Netflix. The Hand has its "Beast" and it has Elektra to host/lead the group.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"