Will This Be Another Summer Let Down???

chaseter

Esteemed Member
Reaction score
I had high hopes for a few movies coming out this Summer and I have already been let down a couple of times. It seems like we can't have two glorious Summers filled with great movies in a row.:cmad:

I now am scared for the rest of my 'must see' list and May isn't even over:wow::csad:

Do you feel like this will be another Summer full of let downs or do you think we are on par with last Summer?

Huh????last summer was one of the best summer seasons

TDK
IM
TIH
Kung Fu Panda
Tropic Thunder
Pineapple Express
The Wackness
Get Smart
Wall-E
Wanted (not the best film, but damn entertaining)
Hellboy II
Step Brothers
Vicky Cristina Barcelona
Traitor

SO I would say that this summer prob would be a let down because it wont live up to last summer

most likely yes. all i seen on the horizon is transformers, sherlock holmes and something called avatar. sorry guys i cant get hyped for a movie that hasnt even had a teaser released.

GI JOE looks like a turd in waiting, all its waiting for is to be flushed.

nothing really big this year sadly. oh yeah harry potter too. but the last one sucked something big.

Avatar and Sherlock holmes arent coming out during the summer

This summer should be alright. The dissapointments this year don't even compare to the summer with Spider-man 3. In May alone there was Spider-Man 3, Shrek 3, and Pirates 3. All of which were horrible movies. At least this year so far we have Startrek. Angels and Demons was ok if you're in for a little mindless fun. Drag Me to Hell comes out next and that's getting great reviews, plus there's UP, The Hangover, Transformers will probably be ok, Public Enemies, Bruno, Harry Potter, Funny People, I think all of those look like can't misses. And in the might be good category, there's Land of the Lost, Year One, Taking of Pelham 123. This summer should be pretty good. I think it might seem like a down year just because the lack of comic book movies, but there's some good movies coming

2007 was a let down, 2008 was great, and now 2009 looks like it isn't going to be so good.

Huh????last summer was one of the best summer seasons

TDK
IM
TIH
Kung Fu Panda
Tropic Thunder
Pineapple Express
The Wackness
Get Smart
Wall-E
Wanted (not the best film, but damn entertaining)
Hellboy II
Step Brothers
Vicky Cristina Barcelona
Traitor

SO I would say that this summer prob would be a let down because it wont live up to last summer
You answered your own question in your post.

I think Summer 2006 was a let down.

I think Summer 2009, the smaller films like Bruno and District 9 will end up being the 'sleeper hits'.

wow I cant read. Ya I completely misread the question.

But to answer the question properly the summer wont be that good but it'll still be alright

Not as good as last year, but definitely not a let down. HP6, Transformers 2, Sherlock Holmes, Avatar (for Anime fans), Tekken (for Video game fans), apparently Angels and Demons, Star Trek and Terminator were good, Night at the Museum 2 is coming out, Up looks funny, Ice Age 3 (could go either way), Public Enemies (LOOKS AMAZING!!!!), Bruno (for SBC fans), GI Joe and Inglourious Basterds.

2010 and 2011 look promising though. For '10 we have Iron Man 2, Thor, Prince of Persia, HP 7.1, and Toy Story 3.

For 2011 (probably the best year for movies IMO): Spider-Man 4, Batman 3, Captain America, Avengers and the last Harry Potter movie.

Not a bad summer, but it pales in comparison to 2008, 2010 and 2011.

Avatar and Sherlock Holmes are being released in December

I think Summer 2006 was a let down.

I think Summer 2009, the smaller films like Bruno and District 9 will end up being the 'sleeper hits'.
if the movie is like the trailer then it will be AWWEEESOMEEE :yay:

it looks so good that its not even funny

Summer 2007 was a letdown for sure.

SM3, POTC3, Shrek 3.

All disapointments, I mean Shrek 3 was bound to suck anyway, but I didn't expect POTC3to suck that bad. SM3 was just disapointing. The only good thing to come out of that summer was Bourne.

yes, this summer will be a letdown. but we've known this for months. after you come out of a summer like last year, you can't really expect to repeat it this year. last summer was glorious!

Well, last summer's lineup was rare and is going to be hard to beat.

TDK, Indiana Jones 4, Iron Man, Hulk, Wall E, Hellboy II.

So far this summer's off to a bad start. Terminator was forgettable and bland. I didn't like Bay's Transformers so I could care less about TF 2 personally. That's all I could remember as far as "blockbusters" this summer go. Star Trek was great though.

so far I've had two pleasant flicks: star trek and angels and demons....

I hope I'll enjoy TS in spite of all the bad critics ! I put a lot of hope in Transformers 2 and Inglourious bastreds as well....

This summer will be the hardest thing I have ever done

This summer will be the hardest thing I have ever done

Ok...

Anyway, I think Star Trek is going to be the best movie of the summer, which is kinda lame. I mean I loved the hell out it, but it's only May...

Ok...

Anyway, I think Star Trek is going to be the best movie of the summer, which is kinda lame. I mean I loved the hell out it, but it's only May...

In deed I do not think anything we beat Trek for me this year.

I'm thinking "yes."

Star Trek had me flying high, but after that, well... the other film that I was hyped over (Terminator Salvation) didn't live up to expectations. I didn't bother with Angels & Demons because I already watched Ron Howard ruin one Dan Brown novel and had no interest seeing it again.

So what do we have left as far as summer movies go? I took a look at what's coming up and overall, here are my thoughts on a few films that will generate some attention this summer, be it good or bad...

Transformers 2 - I just have this feeling I'll be disappointed, even though I enjoyed the first one.

Up - not a big fan of Pixar, and this seems like one of their weakest ideas to date.

The Hangover - might be worth a rental, but nothing I'll see in theaters.

The Taking of Pelham 123 - Yawn.

Land of the Lost - HELL NO to anymore movies that are just an excuse for Will Ferrell to run around screaming like a jackass.

Imagine That - Eddie Murphy is in it, therefore, FAIL.

Ice Age: Dawn of the Dinosaurs - Aw, crap another one? How did THIS become a franchise?

Harry Potter & the Half Blood Prince - loved the book, but the movies always seem to let me down

Orphan - I bet I'll end up liking this movie a lot better the last time I saw it when it was called "Joshua."

The Proposal - Fresh off his tour of the "bad superhero movie" genre in Wolverine, Ryan Reynolds now decides to make us all puke with another lame romantic comedy.

G.I. Joe - Bombs away!

I voted yes, but it's not a letwdown for me. I already knew the quality of lots of films wouldn't be good.

I had high hopes for a few movies coming out this Summer and I have already been let down a couple of times. It seems like we can't have two glorious Summers filled with great movies in a row.:cmad:

I now am scared for the rest of my 'must see' list and May isn't even over:wow::csad:

Do you feel like this will be another Summer full of let downs or do you think we are on par with last Summer?
'07 was a major let-down of a year. It seemed like all of the hyped-up movies were mediocre as all hell. I loved 'Die Hard 4', hell even 'The Simpsons Movie', but that was about it for the films I was anticipating. But this year... Jesus, 'Salvation' was the big let-down (for me personally). Haven't seen 'Watchmen' yet, I know people are steadilly split on that one. Overall, however, it hasn't been too bad (so far). 'Salvation' was probably my third (maybe second) most anticipated movie this year. My first would have to be 'Where The Wild Things Are'. I'm happy they aren't hyping this one up to all hell, because I really sense that this film is going to be a classic gem, and really, this is the film that I believe is going to be my favourite film of '09. Period. Number two would probably have to be 'Drag Me To Hell', can't wait to see that on Friday.

We got Up, Away We Go, Moon, Tetro, Year One, Whatever Works, Public Enemies, Brüno, Harry Potter, 500 Days of Summer, Funny People, Taking Woodstock, Ponyo on the Cliff, & Inglourious Basterds. I think it looks like a pretty decent season.

This Summer's group of movies were, to one extent or another, affected by the writer's strike. Coming off a strong 2008, it was going to be very hard for this year's films to be as strong in a normal year let alone a strike affected year.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"