Will This Be Another Summer Let Down???

We got Up, Away We Go, Moon, Tetro, Year One, Whatever Works, Public Enemies, Brüno, Harry Potter, 500 Days of Summer, Funny People, Taking Woodstock, Ponyo on the Cliff, & Inglourious Basterds. I think it looks like a pretty decent season.

I forgot about 500 Days of Summer and Funny People. But even if those two hit it out of the park, this summer will still fail compared to last summer.

I would take both Star Trek and Terminator Salvation over Iron Man, so currently this summer is beating last summer.

Star Trek would likely have been my second favorite summer film from last year after TDK.

I don't think it can top last years hits like TDK, Iron Man, TIH, Wall-E etc but it will be pretty decent.

If you take Wolverine for what it is, it was an enjoyable film, several plot holes and some bad stuff in it but overall was a fun film to watch, much better than X3.

Transformers is going to be the highlight of the summer season though, by far and it won't even be close.

The Terminator and X-Men series have both devolved into pure dumb summer action blockbusters and Star Trek is probably going to be my number one film. I'm looking forward to a few films like Up, but yeah I would consider this year to be disappointing.

As everyone else has mentioned, don't compare to 2008 because you won't see a summer like that...well, until 2011 when we get Spidey 4, Captain America, Thor..and God knows what else. But that's two years from now! Just wait and see how boring 2010 is.

As for this summer, yea the films that topped my anticipation list were all in May. This summer came waaaay early and it feels over already. I'm not a huge fan of Transformers, but I'll check it out. I still have Inglorious Basterds which I'm excited for.

Honestly, the movie I most anticipated in '09 was Watchmen which was back in March, and it didn't disapoint. I think some of the better movies of '09 are going to be after summer too. Wolfman, Sherlock Holmes, and a little thing called Avatar.

I'm not sure about letdown but i don't think this year will be as good as last. So far in comparing the month of may, I've seen more this year already, but Last may was better overall (with the exception of Star Trek being better than all of last may's stuff, and Up and Drag me to hell could even the tide)

I liked Wolverine and Terminator but will not deny their flaws one bit, and they both should have been way better. Hopefully Harry Potter and Transformers 2 won't disappoint, and the smaller films will carry the summer quality wise overall (Like Public Enemies, Inglorious Basterds, the Hangover, etc)

So far the only two summer movies that I've thoroughly enjoyed have been Star Trek and Angels & Demons. I didn't really have expectations for either one of them and they both ended up blowing me away. I loved them both. Terminator and Wolverine weren't very good. Wolverine at least wasn't as bad as I prepared myself, but it still wasn't very good. Terminator was a huge letdown. I haven't been that letdown since Pirates 3.

But although I agree that this summer will be nowhere near as great as last year's, but their still seem to be a few good movies on the horizon. Bruno, Inglorious Basterds, Up, Drag Me to Hell, Transformers 2, Public Enemies, The Hangover and The Proposal all look pretty good. I'm sure there will be a few other flicks I'll be seeing. We'll see how the rest of the summer turns out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"