Will We Get The Director's Cut For MOS?

MASTERASIA

Prometheus
Reaction score
Seems like a lot been cut down and left on the cutting floor from this movie because most scenes felt rushed. Even Snyder's wife the producer said that it was cut down from over 3hrs to satisfied the movie theater owners. Pretty much reminded me of "Kingdom of Heaven" when the studio butchered it and left out 45mins. I thought "Kingdom of Heaven" DC was almost a masterpiece. Here's hoping for a DC for MOS like his Watchmen on Blu-ray.

I really hope we'll get something like Watchmen DC

Yeah me too. I never saw the original watchmen. I only saw directors cut on tv and really liked it. I read reviews and a lot of people said they didn't care for movie but directors cut made it a lot better.

I liked MOS, so I hope it has a director cut that makes it even better. I hope there are scenes where we see more of clarks personality. I like the smaller scenes like when clark when back to smallville and was talking to his mom. Or when he was in his house watching a game just before zod shows up. I want to care for clark.

A director's cut would be aces. As there's some definite ways the theatrical cut, as enjoyable as I found it, could be improved upon by added scenes. Much like the DC of Watchmen of course. Yes. I'm all for this.

I would pay extra for a director's/extended cut...I have a feeling that the cutting down is why the first act suffered (Deb Snyder did say that it was over 3 hours).

I would say most definitely. 85% sure there will be a directors cut.

If Zack's got a shtick, its substantially extended directors cuts.

I'd be curious to see it, but it doesn't mean it will be better. Daredevil and Kingdom of Heaven are two that come to mind where studio-meddling in the editing room was obvious in the theater (and which ruined some really great storytelling). I don't remember thinking that about Watchmen. I really didn't get that vibe with Man of Steel. It felt like Zack had the leeway to make his movie, and make his decisions. Obviously there's studio input, but I don't think they really forced their hand in any way. Most workprints on bigger films lie this can balloon to 3+ hours before losing up to 45-60 min of footage.

I wouldn't count on it being 40 minutes longer. My guess would be no more than 15-20 minutes.

Watchmen didn't need the Tales of the Black Freighter by any means. The Ultimate Cut was only for the most avid of fans. The other cut was decent. I'd rather watch that than the theatrical version.

But Sucker Punch on the other hand, was a movie that was greatly enhanced by it's directors cut.

I keep meaning to watch Sucker Punch, but I just haven't worked up enough interest to motivate me to do it. If the director's cut is worth checking out, I may do it.

I would pay extra for a director's/extended cut...I have a feeling that the cutting down is why the first act suffered (Deb Snyder did say that it was over 3 hours).

The first act was the best of the best... but the director's cut only could add more awesomeness!!!

Unsure about director's cut, but unlike Nolan (and if there's only one thing I fault him with it's him not wanting to include these on the disk - I mean, where is that Bane scene we've heard so much about for example?), there is bound to finally be deleted scenes.

The assembly cut was over 3 hours .
Deborah Snyder also said only one scene was cut .

It's Superman. More equals better in my book :p

I don't know if they want to do a director's cut, but if they did I would like to see them include the special scenes from the WalMart screening if it is true that it was there.

I really hope we do. If it was 3+ hours then I think the film could really benefit from it, he couldn't have cut out much more action could he? I have only seen it once but it really felt like there were more flashbacks than what the film gave.

Also a maximum movie mode please!!!!

The assembly cut was over 3 hours .
Deborah Snyder also said only one scene was cut .

Yeah, and ironically, despite the fact that they said that scene was the wrong beat, I felt the film badly needed that scene. The film needed something to break up the transition from Krypton and the Oil Rig. The Oil Rig felt underwhelming and anticlimactic since it came right after all that big action on Krypton.

Also, people really shouldn't take Snyder at his word about the theatrical version being the director's cut. It was more so meant to suggest that the theatrical version was his creative vision and answering otherwise would have been terrible PR. It would have suggested that the theatrical version of the film is inferior and a value version for the general audience with a more deluxe cut of the film coming later. Why would any director promoting a film ever suggest prior to release that he had a better version of the film in mind?

Lastly, even if only a single full scene was cut, it doesn't mean that there weren't portions cut out of other scenes. A more easy-going and less frantic cut or editing of the those scenes might greatly improve the film's pacing problems or restore lines here or there that better flesh out the plot.

Seems like a lot been cut down and left on the cutting floor from this movie because most scenes felt rushed. Even Snyder's wife the producer said that it was cut down from over 3hrs to satisfied the movie theater owners. Pretty much reminded me of "Kingdom of Heaven" when the studio butchered it and left out 45mins. I thought "Kingdom of Heaven" DC was almost a masterpiece. Here's hoping for a DC for MOS like his Watchmen on Blu-ray.

Dude are you me in another form?

I made a thread on IMDB about this exact thing...Kingdom of Heaven theaterical is SOOO MEH, it was forgettable.

I went ona whim and bought the Directors Cut which is introduced by Ridley at the start where he says this is his version and that WB butchered the film to make it heavy action.

I swear...It is the best film I have ever seen on DVD. It was a top 5 film of all time in my eyes. That is no lie, a pure masterpiece and Ridley's best film ever for me.

count me in too.

It's been said that the version in theaters is the Director's Cut. If there's another version, it'll most likely be classified as an Extended Cut.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"