Will We Get The Director's Cut For MOS?

Snyder released like 3 director's cuts for Watchmen. He is one of those directors that doesn't mind releasing them. In fact, he seems in favor of them a lot of the time.

Pisses me off that the hobbit can have a movie of almost 3 hours, and superman had to be cut down that much. MOS had way more to tell.

The theatrical edition was the directors cut. Snyder said so him self... But one could pray for an extended cut on bluray - A MAJORLY extended cut, I might add! This movie really needs it.

I dug so much of this film. But it had many many problems. I swear. IF I had my choice, Nolan would be directing the sequel. Snyder really messed up with a lot of things.

I wouldn't count on it being 40 minutes longer. My guess would be no more than 15-20 minutes.

Watchmen didn't need the Tales of the Black Freighter by any means. The Ultimate Cut was only for the most avid of fans. The other cut was decent. I'd rather watch that than the theatrical version.

But Sucker Punch on the other hand, was a movie that was greatly enhanced by it's directors cut.

Snyder told the troops (750 of them) at the Military screening a couple weeks back that the final cut waz 3 hours and 20 minutes long, and that he had to cut it down for theatrical release.

If the directors cut was originally intended to be 3:20, don't be surprised if it's on the BluRay. Hoping Snyder surprises us with atleast 30 extra min of that footage, if not the entire hour thats been cut! Don't see why he wouldn't if that was his intended finale cut and how he originally envisioned the movie in the end.

Last edited:
Snyders owes Us all to release the full 3:20 hour flick! Go back to the editing room Snyder!

I don't want to see a 3 plus hour Superman film. He doesn't owe us anything. He would owe us a good movie if it was bad but it wasn't.

I would like to see a scene that takes place between Kal landing on Earth and the oi rig scene. There definitely needed to be more time to breath in between. Literally a minute after I see Krypton explodes I'm suddenly seeing Clark save people on an exploding oil rig. Too much in too little of time.

Snyders owes Us all to release the full 3:20 hour flick! Go back to the editing room Snyder!

Don't take anything Ether says seriously, he tends to troll more often than not.

I don't want to see a 3 plus hour Superman film. He doesn't owe us anything. He would owe us a good movie if it was bad but it wasn't.

I would like to see a scene that takes place between Kal landing on Earth and the oi rig scene. There definitely needed to be more time to breath in between. Literally a minute after I see Krypton explodes I'm suddenly seeing Clark save people on an exploding oil rig. Too much in too little of time.

I've been saying the exact same thing! Ironically, they have admitted that that is where the single full scene which was cut, was cut from. There was supposed to be a scene of Martha and Jonathan talking Clark to the doctor as a baby, him letting out a super scream, and glass breaking or something. Goyer said it was cut because it was too comical and the tone was off, but if they cut and scored it in such a way that it was both a moment of levity and a serious and dramatic portentious moment of foreshadowing, it would do wonder to break up Krypton and the Oil Rig.

Last edited:
If there is a Directors extended cut, it will be the first movie I have ever pre-ordered.

If there is a Directors extended cut, it will be the first movie I have ever pre-ordered.

Knowing Warner Bros., the theatrical version will be released first and several months to a year later they will announce the extended cut.

28433844.jpg

I hope they do an extended version

Pisses me off that the hobbit can have a movie of almost 3 hours, and superman had to be cut down that much. MOS had way more to tell.

The theatrical edition was the directors cut. Snyder said so him self... But one could pray for an extended cut on bluray - A MAJORLY extended cut, I might add! This movie really needs it.

I dug so much of this film. But it had many many problems. I swear. IF I had my choice, Nolan would be directing the sequel. Snyder really messed up with a lot of things.

Damn... I felt the same way too.. I would have like the movie to b 3 hours including more of the flashback scene. Even at 2.5 hours it felt like it went by quick. I guess that's what happen when you really enjoy a movie and it's action. :woot:

Damn... I felt the same way too.. I would have like the movie to b 3 hours including more of the flashback scene. Even at 2.5 hours it felt like it went by quick. I guess that's what happen when you really enjoy a movie and it's action. :woot:

It's interesting because some films I feel like the drama goes on too long. (how deeply can you honestly look into someones eyes??? And do we really need to see it?!) But with MoS I feel like the dramatic scenes should have been milked a teeny bit more.

Yes the extended version will not come out in Christmas with the theaterical.

it would be

Christmas 2013: Man of Steel theaterical
Summer 2014: Man of Steel Extended
Christmas 2014: Man of Steel: The Zack Snyder Cut
Summer 2015: Son of Krypton is released nationwide

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"