Homecoming Will we see the black suit in asm3?

I think it's a good idea to cut development on Venom, because when you combine Sony not being able to get their act together with Alex Kurtzman, I think they need to figure out what they heck they're doing then move forward.

I'm not sure if the symbiote will come into play yet, but there is an untapped story there. Raimi did such a horrible job developing the suit as an sentient entity with thoughts and feelings, that its reintroduction into the Webb series wouldn't feel like an unnecessary redux.

Even for an animation, this sets a really good tone and atmosphere for Venom, and Spidey's one-liner at the end is great:
[YT]EljkRzVJ23Y[/YT]

I can't believe that Venom is almost under-rated right now

not my favorite villain, but close

I love Venom and think he's a great match for Spider-Man.

I haven't read the comics to fully comprehend, and acknowledge myself, that the Green Goblin is Spider-Man's greatest enemy (like the Joker is to Batman) but from the 'vague' image I have built from posts by other users on these threads, I can sort of understand why people say that. I'll always love the symbiote though which is why I do and don't want it to be used in TASM3, for fear or them potentially messing it up. The symbiote and Brock need to be spread out over two movies IMO and I think it's too late to do that in the TASM series right now.

I don't know why people seem to think Venom would be hard to do in movies. They could do Venom well if they spread it out over two movies.

I always thought that the way to do Venom would be to have the setup in the third movie: astronauts bring symbiote back from space, symbiote chooses Parker as host. Then you have an entire movie to explain what the new suit is, how it works, what its powers are, etc. Spidey forcefully rejects the symbiote. Wrap things up, and throw in setup for fourth movie with scene of symbiote finding Brock.

Then you have everything set up for an entire movie about Venom where you can deal with Brock's issues with Parker, and no need to worry about background because 90% of it will already be covered in the progress of the last movie.

Last edited:
I don't know why people seem to think Venom would be hard to do in movies. They could do Venom well if they spread it out over two movies.

I always thought that the way to do Venom would be to have the setup in the third movie: astronauts bring symbiote back from space, symbiote chooses Parker as host. Then you have an entire movie to explain what the new suit is, how it works, what its powers are, etc. Spidey forcefully rejects the symbiote. Wrap things up, and throw in setup for fourth movie with scene of symbiote finding Brock.

Then you have everything set up for an entire movie about Venom where you can deal with Brock's issues with Parker, and no need to worry about background because 90% of it will already be covered in the progress of the last movie.

BINGO! That's what Webb will need to make the alien costume work. Brock and the symbiote both have essential back stories that need to be told before the merging as Venom. Once those are established, the rivalry between Venom and Spidey is set up perfectly. There is no need at all for cheap plot devices at this point.

BINGO! That's what Webb will need to make the alien costume work. Brock and the symbiote both have essential back stories that need to be told before the merging as Venom. Once those are established, the rivalry between Venom and Spidey is set up perfectly. There is no need at all for cheap plot devices at this point.

Man, I want to see Venom get done correct!

Seriously what other Spidey stories are there? The clone saga?

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"