Homecoming If asm3 flops will we get a asm4?

spiderman2

Superhero
Reaction score
So with a lot of people hating this movie and with the box-office getting worse and worse and losing more and more fans if asm3 and the sinister six flops do you think we will still see asm4? Will they reboot or will they even sale the rights?

i really don't see the third movie flopping critically and i hope the movie doesn't flop. i don't think sony is dumb enough to mess with the 3rd movie. i just hope they don't.

Woah what a compeletely original question. I've never seen thread like this on this forums. Ever.

We're already not getting an ASM4. Unless ASM3 does exceptional, it's probably the last one.

We're already not getting an ASM4. Unless ASM3 does exceptional, it's probably the last one.

Are we not?, surely information like this hasn't been released for you to say there won't be one

With the spin offs I think they will try and keep this current franchise going as long as the can

Last edited:
Woah what a compeletely original question. I've never seen thread like this on this forums. Ever.

Lol but I wanted to make a poll just to get a genurle consistes about what people think. I justed wanted to know if most people think we will get asm4 or a reboot or sale the rights or what.

They will reboot. They are doing all these spin offs and pushing TASM 3 back because of TASM 2's under performance. If TASM 3 flops they will be done and just reboot. They said they'll never sell the rights.

While I think we don't really no because we did have date for asm4 in till asm3 was deyland we did have asm4 but now that they changed it and they didn't give a date for asm4 that kind of makes me think maybe they changed plains and are going to end it at 3 instead of 4. At the same time I am thinking that sony's plan is to have sinister six 20016, female spin off in 2017, asm3 2018 with spider man fighting the sinister six and then 2019 venom movie and then 2020 asm4 with venom has the villain.

They will reboot. They are doing all these spin offs and pushing TASM 3 back because of TASM 2's under performance. If TASM 3 flops they will be done and just reboot. They said they'll never sell the rights.

If the movies keep making less and less they are going to have to though has they wont be making money on the movies any more.

I heard Amy Pascal is in danger of being fired.

oh that doesn't sound and look too good. i believe they would be smart enough to let goddard, webb, and whoever is helming the female spin-off some freedom. with what happened to both films they just hired a talent they just dicked around with. i mean if they really wanted to keep the rights so badly then the best and smart thing to do is to let the people who aren't producers behind spiderman do their own thing.

Let's say ASM3 flops.

In the next 3 or 4 years Sony will release spin offs.

Then wait another 6 years to release a reboot.

They're not going to give up Spider-man.

If they continue to have these kinds of BO performances, I can see them developing TV series involving supporting Spidey characters along with spinoffs every 3-4 years as throw away films to extend rights. But the Spidey franchise probably needs a good 8-10 year break after ASM3. But I can see the co-producing some TV with Marvel culminating in a big screen crossover.

At this point, whatever happens...happens. Let them gets their so called "Spidey-verse" out of the way. Then maybe we'll finally get a decent movie.

There are plenty of other good movies coming out until 2020. I'll be fine until then.

Last edited:
I don't see how Sony can possibly expect audiences to wait four years for a sequel to an underperforming film and still expect to make money. Marvel would just ship Spider-Man to Netflix but I have faith that they'd tell a better story. Plus, Sony is keeping Kurtzman around for reasons I can't even imagine.

It's telling that I have more faith in Fox's Fantastic Four reboot which Fox has done next to no promotion for than I do for any of Sony's Spider-Man films. I am that pessimistic.

I mean, Marvel Studios has Feige and Whedon and there's not the potential for James Gunn to become more of a producer as well. Fox has Lauren Schuler Donner, Mark Millar and Simon Kinberg and to some extent Bryan Singer. Sony only has Avi Arad, Matt Tolmach and Alex Kurtzman producing the films and none of them have a fanbase but all of them have very vocal detractors. The only person they have going for them on the production side is Drew Goddard who's handling a Spider-Man movie told from the perspective of villains.

I don't see how Sony can possibly expect audiences to wait four years for a sequel to an underperforming film and still expect to make money. Marvel would just ship Spider-Man to Netflix but I have faith that they'd tell a better story. Plus, Sony is keeping Kurtzman around for reasons I can't even imagine.

It's telling that I have more faith in Fox's Fantastic Four reboot which Fox has done next to no promotion for than I do for any of Sony's Spider-Man films. I am that pessimistic.

I mean, Marvel Studios has Feige and Whedon and there's not the potential for James Gunn to become more of a producer as well. Fox has Lauren Schuler Donner, Mark Millar and Simon Kinberg and to some extent Bryan Singer. Sony only has Avi Arad, Matt Tolmach and Alex Kurtzman producing the films and none of them have a fanbase but all of them have very vocal detractors. The only person they have going for them on the production side is Drew Goddard who's handling a Spider-Man movie told from the perspective of villains.

While spider man is a lot like xmen franchise was before xmen first class sever bad recived movies in a row and no one thought xmen first class was going to be good. I rember when xmen first class was being worked on people thought it was going to suck and even when the first trailer came out they thought it looked tearable. I belive that even if asm3 was the best CBM ever it wouldn't see that much of a difference in box office form asm2 because of the last 3 spider man movies. I think if asm3 is really good or even great that asm4 could make big money has asm3 could restore faith in sm movies again meaning asm4 could make big money.

I just looked at the theard about asm1 and asm2 derectors cut and WOW just WOW. That is the first time I have seen that stuff about asm1. Man they delected like a whole movie lol. What where they thinking? I belive that asm2 is much better movie then asm1 and I think both movies would have been much improved with the delected sences but I think asm1 would have been improved more. The movie would have had much more action, charater delevement and would have been much more intease. I thought people where being crazy with the whole sony interfearing and with it not being webs falut but I know agree that it is not webs fault and more the people who have more control with sony.

Where is the option for it not flopping?

I don't see how Sony can possibly expect audiences to wait four years for a sequel to an underperforming film and still expect to make money.

They aren't waiting four years any more than Marvel waited four years between Iron Man 2 and Iron Man 3.

They'll be filling those years with related movies.

Last edited:
Wasn't it three years between IM2 and 3? And the one in-between still had him front and center.

If they continue to have these kinds of BO performances, I can see them developing TV series involving supporting Spidey characters along with spinoffs every 3-4 years as throw away films to extend rights. But the Spidey franchise probably needs a good 8-10 year break after ASM3. But I can see the co-producing some TV with Marvel culminating in a big screen crossover.

Marvel has both the live action and animated television rights.

If it flops....

tumblr_mar6h9t0Q21ra8x1ao7_500.gif

If um... ASM3 flops, we're not getting any Spider-Man movies for a long time. It's like... The Incredible Hulk flopped, so we're not getting a Hulk film for a while.

If um... ASM3 flops, we're not getting any Spider-Man movies for a long time. It's like... The Incredible Hulk flopped, so we're not getting a Hulk film for a while.

Well, what's a long time exactly?? I was under the impression that Sony needs to keep releasing Spider-Man movies every couple of years in order to retain the rights to him. Someone please correct me if I am wrong. So...unless spin-offs are counted as Spidey movies and allow for more time, I am thinking a "long time" isn't as long as you may think. That is, if the rights are to remain with Sony. And again, imo, I don't see Sony letting go of their big money machine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"