Homecoming Will asm3 be better then asm2?

I think Mysterio has a good origin. He was screwed over by Spider-Man in his past and is now out for revenge, and uses his technical genius to do it. I think that is more interesting than Kraven coming to NY to hunt Spider-Man to prove he is the best hunter of all.

That's not going into details about the background of Kraven, his noble blood, the training in Africa, the mysterious potions etc. Him trying to take down the ultimate prey, leading to him in the end becoming desperate and actually burying him alive.

Don't get me wrong, I love Mysterio. He's one of my favourites. But the whole stunt man / film work backstory is too lame to me. I love everything else about him, especially that he's studied Spider-Man into detail. I thought the revenge motivation was just in the 90's cartoon though? In the comics, isn't it more about him wanting to "steal the spotlight" originally? I'd prefer that over yet another "revenge" motivation. I'm kinda sick of those now.

I'm honestly not a fan of transitioning Kraven from the comics into the movies, at least for this series in particular. They'll have to change his origin story quite a lot for me to be on board.

The training in Africa, for example, would confuse a lot of people. I just can't see Oscorp or Chameleon scheming a plan for the S6, and referring to a hunter in Africa of all places. I know that sounds harsh, but I'm just explaining this in the context of the environment in the current series.

I think us comic geeks will love it (I'm a huge fan of Kraven in the comics), but I don't think it will make a lot of sense to the GA. It's hard for me to picture an old-school character like him in a very modernized New York, as Sony has portrayed the city so far.

I doubt it. I have a feeling that each Amazing Spider-Man film will get progressively worse.

If they can get The Sinister 6 out of the way, and wrap up the whole Oscorp arc in that movie we'll have a fresh movie. Not to mention if they combine the gods of the first two movies and their tones. I have a ton of hope. That being said I really enjoyed TASM 2 sooo yeah

I think Mysterio has a good origin. He frames Spider-Man to make a name for himself, and uses his technical genius to do it. I think that is more interesting than Kraven coming to NY to hunt Spider-Man to prove he is the best hunter of all.

Or do both. Mysterio framing Spider-Man and Kraven coming to catch him could make a good film.

If they can get The Sinister 6 out of the way, and wrap up the whole Oscorp arc in that movie we'll have a fresh movie. Not to mention if they combine the gods of the first two movies and their tones. I have a ton of hope. That being said I really enjoyed TASM 2 sooo yeah

I really hope they do this. They really need to give us something fresh for a Spider-Man movie.

There is potential for that to happen, but I won't make a choice in the poll, cause my expectations suck

I'm honestly not a fan of transitioning Kraven from the comics into the movies, at least for this series in particular. They'll have to change his origin story quite a lot for me to be on board.

The training in Africa, for example, would confuse a lot of people. I just can't see Oscorp or Chameleon scheming a plan for the S6, and referring to a hunter in Africa of all places. I know that sounds harsh, but I'm just explaining this in the context of the environment in the current series.

I think us comic geeks will love it (I'm a huge fan of Kraven in the comics), but I don't think it will make a lot of sense to the GA. It's hard for me to picture an old-school character like him in a very modernized New York, as Sony has portrayed the city so far.

I don't really expect to see Kraven any time soon, at least not as a main villain, considering he's one of Spidey's least "flashy" foes. The ones they've used so far have always had something funky going on visually: they ride gliders, have tentacles, turn into sand, are giant lizards, etc. Kraven would be just an agile guy with some weapons, no? I think he'd come off as bland by comparison.

I don't really expect to see Kraven any time soon, at least not as a main villain, considering he's one of Spidey's least "flashy" foes. The ones they've used so far have always had something funky going on visually: they ride gliders, have tentacles, turn into sand, are giant lizards, etc. Kraven would be just an agile guy with some weapons, no? I think he'd come off as bland by comparison.

That's kind of what I was alluding to in regards to the transition to a modern day movie.

There needs to be some kind of CGI element to a villain nowadays. I'm not completely dismissing the idea and saying it can't happen; I just think it would have by now if somebody had a good idea for him, as Kraven is one of Spidey's best villains.

He would have to look more along the lines of a hit man that you would see in an action/thriller film today. Maybe he could climb walls like Spidey can, leap from one building to another, etc.

I personally think Scorpion is a very underrated villain who could work very, very well in film. He's barely ever mentioned in villain suggestions. I love his origin and his personality. He would also be great in action scenes.

There are lots of villains to chose from in Spidey's awesome rogues gallery, so I'm definitely not a fan of the idea of bringing Norman Osborn back, as rumours tell he will.

I personally think Scorpion is a very underrated villain who could work very, very well in film. He's barely ever mentioned in villain suggestions. I love his origin and his personality. He would also be great in action scenes.
Can't have Gargan without Jonah, and we know how well the reboot has done with the latter.

Can't have Gargan without Jonah, and we know how well the reboot has done with the latter.

In a franchise where Harry is the Goblin before Norman, they would do Scorpion without Jonah. He'd probably just be another Oscorp produced villain.

In a franchise where Harry is the Goblin before Norman, they would do Scorpion without Jonah. He'd probably just be another Oscorp produced villain.
Just like in the 2012 game
Almost

Source material, who needs that?! As long as Scorpion "looks cool," everything is awesome.

Hoping for the best but it's a long way from now

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hugoodeww
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"