Will X3 beat the trilogy curse?

curse shmurse. this movie is gonna be awesome. triologies have been hit-and-miss in the past the same as everything else in life. sometimes they're good, sometimes they're not... in this case, it will be AWESOME.

RagingTempest said:
Let's face it, we all agree, the third movie in a comic movie series always disappoints, which ruins the trilogy (Superman 3, Batman Forever, Blade Trinity etc.) Plus, there are only 3 movie trilogies that have been really good in hollywood (LOTR, Back to the future, and the Godfather) After the amazing traliers, tv spots, and movie pics, everything seems to look good. But there are still fears and speculations!!! But do you think X3 can break the curse?:confused:

You can't use the word TRILOGY if a series makes more than 3 movies; i.e., Batman Forever, Superman, Alien, etc...

Plus, this shouldn't even be a legit case b/c producers or speculators shouldn't try to limit a franchise that's been published for 40+ yrs!

That's what makes an X-men/Matrix comparison rediculous for one... no that it matters that much or anything:)

citizenpain said:
curse shmurse. this movie is gonna be awesome. triologies have been hit-and-miss in the past the same as everything else in life. sometimes they're good, sometimes they're not... in this case, it will be AWESOME.

No, THIS person hits the nail on the head! There IS NO curse on the third movie. IF there were a curse, and i use the word curse figuratively, it's on the fourth movie of the franchise. We've established that on another thread b/f.

yeah exactly, what are you anit movie three people *****ing about...if you don't wanna see it don't see, i however will be seeing it, and enjoying it

i dont actualy think the first two films were cursed, they followed the story of X-men in a different way than the original stories but it still held its own, the same way that X-Men evolutions and Unlimited X-Men etc are different to the original but still hold their own. People are so quick to criticise the film versions yet people forget that the X-Men stories have evolved themselves many times over the years. Its a bit unfair to constantly pick at the films and ignore all teh other variations on a theme as such.

this being said I certianly do think that the third film is going to blow the other two away from what i have seen. the amount of stories going on and the amount of action all together will mean that this is going to be a non stop blockbuster I think. I for one and really looking forward to it.

Not always the case. But, generally for me a trilogy (this could be applied to both old and new SW trilogies and Matrix Trilogy and will probably apply with the X-Men films- at least for me).

3rd one best
1st one second best
2nd one third best, but not as good because it is all set-up rather than implication.

I think X3 will be better but IMO the curse really applies to the 2nd films in general b/c alot of films have had unsuccessful sequels(Basic Instinct 2 anyone?) and X2 was a rarity b/c it was a film that was far better than it's predecessor!

well theres still a little doubt in the back of my mind on the story, simply because there is so much goin on. but from everything ive seen i highly doubt it will be a flop.

I hope so, but we wont know until the movie comes.

There is another franchise beating the trilogy curse right now. Mission: Impossible is that franchise!:up: MI3 is getting better reception than the first two did.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evilAIS
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"