Wisconson Cop goes on rampage, kills 6

whats with all these lame massacres ???? 6......... bwaw bwaw bwaw . to make an impact these days you have to at least get in the double digits. another thing is killing students is so cliche nowadays , no originality .

300 students in the whole school? Must be a small community. Too much inbreeding.

On the up side, at least it wasn't a taser spree.

Well I'm sorry for not joining the rest of the people who are force fed by the media and dont mind it. I'm not defending this guy for what hes done, but what I do mind is people blaming the fact that hes law enforcement and hes commited a cruel act. As the person who started this thread said, "...but in light of all the police misconduct lately, thought it was interesting." inciting that all law enforcement are bad and abuse authority, which in this case- is NOT the case. He was a nut and went on a shooting spree when he was off duty because his girlfriend left him. Havent YOU ever wondered why some people DONT defend law enforcement AT ALL sometimes? No matter what the siutation entails?

Be a little bit more open minded in these threads instead of zeroing in on the fact he wears a badge and has done a horrible act. He was a psychologically damaged human being for christ's sakes, the badge had nothing to do with his motives or reasoning for his actions.

:whatever: This is why it's scary to think you could be a cop. I never suggested "all" law enforcement are bad and abuse authority. (btw, grammatically incorrect use of the word, 'incite.')

Given your clear incompetence in this small matter, it's terrifying to think of you making official reports or testifying in court. :whatever:

Only that in this case, he wasnt working. He was a jealous boyfriend with an automatic weapon. And being 20 years old (just leaving his teen years, probably still trying to deal with his emotions) probably didnt help either.

You can't possibly think this matters? :huh: The fact that he is a cop means he was given authority and training to carry a weapon. Clearly, he was not fit for doing so. Do you think it matters to the parents of the 14 year old girl who was not an off duty cop, not authorized and trained to carry a weapon that the nutjob cop was off duty? I'm sure they'll find great consolation in that. :whatever:

Oh please, the guy wasnt even on duty. Hes obviously a nutcase and his immature hormones got the best of him.

In an earlier post you mentioned his age. The guy who was threatened by the cop in the parking lot was 20 and the now infamous, "Don't tase me bro," guy was 21. Could they also be influenced by the immaturity and inexperience of their years? You certainly weren't cutting them any slack on their age. In fact, you celebrated the college guy getting tasered. Your bias is showing.

Damn, all this because the guy and his girlfriend broke up and he was kicked out of the pretty. So this is what love is all about huh?

:whatever: This is why it's scary to think you could be a cop. I never suggested "all" law enforcement are bad and abuse authority. (btw, grammatically incorrect use of the word, 'incite.')

Given your clear incompetence in this small matter, it's terrifying to think of you making official reports or testifying in court. :whatever:

You can't possibly think this matters? :huh: The fact that he is a cop means he was given authority and training to carry a weapon. Clearly, he was not fit for doing so. Do you think it matters to the parents of the 14 year old girl who was not an off duty cop, not authorized and trained to carry a weapon that the nutjob cop was off duty? I'm sure they'll find great consolation in that. :whatever:

In an earlier post you mentioned his age. The guy who was threatened by the cop in the parking lot was 20 and the now infamous, "Don't tase me bro," guy was 21. Could they also be influenced by the immaturity and inexperience of their years? You certainly weren't cutting them any slack on their age. In fact, you celebrated the college guy getting tasered. Your bias is showing.

What's the guy's profession have to do with anything? He was a nutjob, the Virgina Tech shooter wasn't trained to use a firearm, but he handled it pretty well didn't he? This guy was a psycho and probably would've done the same thing if he was an insurance salesman. It's not a police officer abusing his authority, it's a nutjob shooting his ex-girlfriend and a bunch of random people.

Well I'm sorry for not joining the rest of the people who are force fed by the media and dont mind it. I'm not defending this guy for what hes done, but what I do mind is people blaming the fact that hes law enforcement and hes commited a cruel act. As the person who started this thread said, "...but in light of all the police misconduct lately, thought it was interesting." inciting that all law enforcement are bad and abuse authority, which in this case- is NOT the case. He was a nut and went on a shooting spree when he was off duty because his girlfriend left him. Havent YOU ever wondered why some people DONT defend law enforcement AT ALL sometimes? No matter what the siutation entails?

Be a little bit more open minded in these threads instead of zeroing in on the fact he wears a badge and has done a horrible act. He was a psychologically damaged human being for christ's sakes, the badge had nothing to do with his motives or reasoning for his actions.

Here's the deal. Some people with authority should always be held to a higher standard than others without. Why is it a big deal if a priest molests a young boy when there's hundreds of pedofiles out there everyday? Because he's a freaking priest! More is expected from him because he's supposed to stand for the best in us spiritually.

Same thing with cops. Cops can do almost anything they want with authority. That's why they have to be checked not just with added caution but with harsh vigilance. If someone breaks the law that's one thing when a cop does it, someone tasked with enforcing the law then we have a whole other issue. I understand he was young (not an excuse), I understand he was in a small town (also not an excuse) and I understand he was feeling sad (definately not an excuse) but when a cop, any cop, goes on a killing spree you have to evaluate everything much harder than you would if an average citizen did. This kind of thing shakes confidence in police and rightfully so, certian people (like myself) should never be allowed that type of authority because they can't handle it.

When other cops make excuses or defend this action in anyway it becomes even worse because the double standard shows as well as letting us know cops will be more than willing to bend over backwards when one of their own breaks the law but would be more than happy to explain how snapping a small girl's wrist for dropping cake was the right thing to do.

I know it's an extra burden cops have to deal with, the personal scrutiny, but they also get to run red lights, park where ever the hell and a million other convience perks no of us will ever have, so suck it up.

What's the guy's profession have to do with anything? He was a nutjob, the Virgina Tech shooter wasn't trained to use a firearm, but he handled it pretty well didn't he? This guy was a psycho and probably would've done the same thing if he was an insurance salesman. It's not a police officer abusing his authority, it's a nutjob shooting his ex-girlfriend and a bunch of random people.

:up:

maniac_cop_ver2.jpg

Not making light of it, but the whole scenario reminds me of this. And freaks me out. Psych evaluations can only do so much.

Of course he's a nutjob, I never suggested otherwise. My point is that as a cop, he has special authority and training in handling weapons. If anything, that should make him more aware of letting emotions get out of hand, more aware of steering clear of trouble and more aware of the destruction that guns bring.

When other cops make excuses or defend this action in anyway it becomes even worse because the double standard shows as well as letting us know cops will be more than willing to bend over backwards when one of their own breaks the law but would be more than happy to explain how snapping a small girl's wrist for dropping cake was the right thing to do.

Exactly. And that's what sickens me about some of the posters who defend the thug mentality. And it only makes it harder on the good cops who are trying to 'protect and serve,' when the a-holes act like scum are defended by other a holes and actually get away with it.

moraldeficiancy said:

Nobody said that the breaking of her wrist was "the right thing to do". Your getting too over-hyped about that situation. Hell, nobody has even proven that she broke her wrist. Oh, and it was an over-zealous security guard, not a police officer.

Its not suprising that stories like these make it to the media, but when a cop does a good thing it doesnt matter. A little youtube video of an officer subduing the "victim", neglecting the events that happend up to the point, and people jumping the shark seems pretty popular around these boards.

These guys are human beings just like me and you. If a story made it to the media about an off-duty cop getting into a bar fight, you guys would be ALL OVER that story and blasting him...when in fact the real story was probably him defending himself. But you wouldnt know that because 1. you hate law enforcement because you've had a bad experience or they took your pot away, or 2. you'll believe anything people tell you.

Just because the department was stupid and gave this kid a badge because they watched him grow up doesnt make it right to attack the job profession every chance you get.

And casey, you can be disgusted with me all you want. I'm not a close-minded fool who'd rather see one thing and neglect the other details.

There are more good cops than bad, but the bad ones get press. There aren't supposed to be any bad ones. As kids we're all taught that the cops are there to protect you and you can always go to one. One bad one in the bunch will **** up that whole dynamic.

Nobody said that the breaking of her wrist was "the right thing to do". Your getting too over-hyped about that situation. Hell, nobody has even proven that she broke her wrist.

Its not suprising that stories like these make it to the media, but when a cop does a good thing it doesnt matter. A little youtube if the officer subduing the "victim" and neglecting the events that happend up to the point seems pretty popular around these boards.

I was exaggerating the point to show the contrast. But please continue to defend or make excuses. You know what would actually be an effective way of dealing with this and restoring faith in police? If other cops just said, "that was inappropriate and should not have been done. I hope the people involved are punished and people realize that (blank) does not represent the vast majority of law enforcement." That would work, instead its just a string of excuses and reasons. Defense attorneys would learn a lot from police just by listening to them defend one of their own.

Being a "good" cop is a cop's job. You want a cookie for tying your shoes and taking a piss too? However when one does something heroic they are honored, I've seen several stories of hero cops.

Video's of bad people doing bad things are popular around here. Doubly so if they're hypocrites abusing the public's trust. I have no idea why that's such a button issue for some people.

I do notice you glossed over the entire point of the post which was people of authority and public trust should be held to a higher standard than everyday people. I guess you don't have any thoughts on that.

Politicians have more power than cops but everyone seems to expect them to be f**ked up. This guy was indeed nutty, but that hardly says anything about any other cop. Police Officers are exposed to daily stresses and rigors that no other profession has to endure, the stress levels are miles higher. Under that level of stress one can DEVELOP issues. In regards to his age, a person can become a law enforcement officer as early as 18 if they get a jump on it. Plus if you're in the Explorer program then by that time you may have more experience than most. Also, ANYONE can buy a gun if they really want to.

Of course he's a nutjob, I never suggested otherwise. My point is that as a cop, he has special authority and training in handling weapons. If anything, that should make him more aware of letting emotions get out of hand, more aware of steering clear of trouble and more aware of the destruction that guns bring.

Yeah, but his special authority had nothing to do with this case, he didn't use his special authority to get inside, he wasn't there to arrest anyone and saw his ex and snapped. I think everyone is aware of the destruction that guns bring, that's why nutjobs like this use guns and not sticks or socks filled with quarters because a gun is much better at getting the job done. The only thing that gets me about this is your trying to use this as a soapbox that cops are bad, when his job really has nothing to do with the situation. If he was an insurance salesman would you have made this thread?

moraldeficiency said:
I was exaggerating the point to show the contrast. But please continue to defend or make excuses. You know what would actually be an effective way of dealing with this and restoring faith in police? If other cops just said, "that was inappropriate and should not have been done. I hope the people involved are punished and people realize that (blank) does not represent the vast majority of law enforcement." That would work, instead its just a string of excuses and reasons. Defense attorneys would learn a lot from police just by listening to them defend one of their own.

I'd agree with you if that were totally true. I've seen police officers bring down one of they're own and even send them to prison. I think you let the media get the best of you.

moraldeficiency said:
I do notice you glossed over the entire point of the post which was people of authority and public trust should be held to a higher standard than everyday people. I guess you don't have any thoughts on that.

Well I will admit that not all people who carry a badge, SHOULD carry a badge. People cant read minds and weed out the psychologically damaged ones from the professionals. In other threads like this I never condoned the cop's actions (such as the possibility of the broken wrist or the cop threatening the kid in the empty parking lot), but what I have done was look at it from both point of views and see faults in both arguments. But in this case, theres no excuse for it. I just dont like the fact that some people here tend to believe that him carrying a badge gave him the right to kill 6 people in a jealous rage..when in fact it was his co-workers that brought him down.

amazingfantasy15 said:
The only thing that gets me about this is your trying to use this as a soapbox that cops are bad, when his job really has nothing to do with the situation. If he was an insurance salesman would you have made this thread?

:up:

Politicians have more power than cops but everyone seems to expect them to be f**ked up. This guy was indeed nutty, but that hardly says anything about any other cop. Police Officers are exposed to daily stresses and rigors that no other profession has to endure, the stress levels are miles higher. Under that level of stress one can DEVELOP issues. In regards to his age, a person can become a law enforcement officer as early as 18 if they get a jump on it. Plus if you're in the Explorer program then by that time you may have more experience than most. Also, ANYONE can buy a gun if they really want to.

Personally I think politicians should be held to a double penality for breaking the law and should never be allowed in any public capacity if convicted of a felony while in office.

You're right it says nothing about any other cop and I do believe the majority of cops are decent people (despite personal experience to the contrary); however, the way other police view the situation does reflect on our police as a whole. Why has saying, "we @ucked up, we'll do better in the future" become such a terrible thing to say?

The job's stressful and @ucked up in many ways, but it's also a job you choose.

I'd agree with you if that were totally true. I've seen police officers bring down one of they're own and even send them to prison. I think you let the media get the best of you.

Well I will admit that not all people who carry a badge, SHOULD carry a badge. People cant read minds and weed out the psychologically damaged ones from the professionals. In other threads like this I never condoned the cop's actions (such as the possibility of the broken wrist or the cop threatening the kid in the empty parking lot), but what I have done was look at it from both point of views and see faults in both arguments. But in this case, theres no excuse for it. I just dont like the fact that some people here tend to believe that him carrying a badge gave him the right to kill 6 people in a jealous rage..when in fact it was his co-workers that brought him down.

Media get the better of you? That's a easy shot to fire out, but without knowing who I am or what I believe you are talking out your @ss.

I thought is was a "sniper" that's not been identified?

I don't really get your last sentence, I'm don't think anyone on this board believes that him carrying a badge gave him the right to kill 6 people (is anyone taking that stance?).

You might be looking at it from what you think are both sides, but I'm not sure it's unbiased to the extreme. Look, some cops are just @ssholes, can't other cops just say that? Why does it always have to be, "well look at all the circumstances leading up to the event", why can't it just be Mr. X was a dick and should never have been a cop, we'll screen better in the future.

You're right it says nothing about any other cop and I do believe the majority of cops are decent people (despite personal experience to the contrary); however, the way other police view the situation does reflect on our police as a whole. Why has saying, "we @ucked up, we'll do better in the future" become such a terrible thing to say?

The job's stressful and @ucked up in many ways, but it's also a job you choose.
Because it's not the department's fault this idiot lost it. If we could accurately predict if and when a person is going to snap then we could avoid any and all future serial killers, school shooters, etc. This guy's profession has next to nothing to do with what he did. It's like the other poster said, had he not been a cop then this wouldn't have even made the news.

moraldeficiency said:
Media get the better of you? That's a easy shot to fire out, but without knowing who I am or what I believe you are talking out your @ss.

You havent shown me otherwise other than your "cops defend eachother and nothing ever happens to them" opinion.

moraldeficiency said:
I thought is was a "sniper" that's not been identified?

:huh:

moraldeficiency said:
I don't really get your last sentence, I'm don't think anyone on this board believes that him carrying a badge gave him the right to kill 6 people (is anyone taking that stance?).

Oh, just the fact that this kid was a police officer and you guys are treating this as "police misconduct" when the kid wasnt even on duty nor was he making an arrest.

moraldeficiency said:
You might be looking at it from what you think are both sides, but I'm not sure it's unbiased to the extreme. Look, some cops are just @ssholes, can't other cops just say that? Why does it always have to be, "well look at all the circumstances leading up to the event", why can't it just be Mr. X was a dick and should never have been a cop, we'll screen better in the future.

I'm not exactly sure where you were going with that, but that sounds pretty biased. Trying to tell us that cops defend they're own all the time and nothing happens to them is a pretty ignorant statement. Case in point, THIS case for example. These guys watch eachother's backs every day and face situations like this all the time. If they work with eachother for years, it would be pretty difficult for them to come out to the media and say "Yea this guy was an ******* and got what he deserved." I think putting the corrupt officer behind bars is enough.

I think the cops did say that. In fact, a cop was the one how shot the guy dead. Nobody tried to cover anything up or make excuses. And for some people just don't want to hear an apology from the police department.

Video's of bad people doing bad things are popular around here. Doubly so if they're hypocrites abusing the public's trust. I have no idea why that's such a button issue for some people.

It's a hot button issue because these videos don't show hypocrites abusing the public's trust, but show police doing their job. Taser kid was totally justifiable. Cake girl we don't have enough evidence to make an informed judgement. We saw a 15 second clip and one side of the story. But people see this and jump on the cops-are-bad bandwagon.

Because it's not the department's fault this idiot lost it. If we could accurately predict if and when a person is going to snap then we could avoid any and all future serial killers, school shooters, etc. This guy's profession has next to nothing to do with what he did. It's like the other poster said, had he not been a cop then this wouldn't have even made the news.

Come on, Brutal, you know if your part of a service (police, the military, firemen) the others in uniform are not only your brothers and sisters in arms but also representatives of all others that wear the uniform. When you take an oath and break it you don't just disgrace yourself but disgrace all others that have, do or will wear the uniform.

I'm not saying this was even an avoidable situation, I'm not saying the police in that town need to be fired, but yeah, he was hired, he was trained, he was screened. Responsibility for a subordinates actions, even if they contradict a direct order, does still fall, on some level, to his/her superior in command. So in light of that, to hear the superior say, "we are installing stricter screening in the future to try and avoid similiar incidents", would return a lot more faith a lot faster than any dancing around the issue.

Again, cops are and should be held to a higher standard. If he was a dentist this wouldn't be as big a deal. When someone with authority does something like this our faith is shaken, and someone else in authority has to man up and deal with the issue or that bit of faith will never be restored. Whether or not he would have done the same thing if he was a plumber isn't the issue, it's that this man was a cop, had sworn to protect, was screened and evaluated and given authority above normal civilians and became a mass murderer that bothers people.

They advertise cops for hire on billboards and have commercials on radio and TV here. I can't imagine the screening process is that involved. I saw a 300 lb female cop today. How the **** does that happen?

If he was an insurance salesman would you have made this thread?

You seem to have difficulty with this fact: Cops are held to a higher standard than insurance salesman. They have to be. Its the nature of their job. They have a responsibility to the public to protect and serve. That doesn't go away just because he isn't in uniform or not on a shift.

You havent shown me otherwise other than your "cops defend eachother and nothing ever happens to them" opinion.

:huh:

Oh, just the fact that this kid was a police officer and you guys are treating this as "police misconduct" when the kid wasnt even on duty nor was he making an arrest.

I'm not exactly sure where you were going with that, but that sounds pretty biased. Trying to tell us that cops defend they're own all the time and nothing happens to them is a pretty ignorant statement. Case in point, THIS case for example. These guys watch eachother's backs every day and face situations like this all the time. If they work with eachother for years, it would be pretty difficult for them to come out to the media and say "Yea this guy was an ******* and got what he deserved." I think putting the corrupt officer behind bars is enough.

You haven't shown me an opinion other than cops defending each other.

Has the sniper been identified as a cop? When I originally read this they hadn't said who it was, which seems odd.

It doesn't matter if he was on duty or not. If a fireman burns down a building when he's off duty do you say, well it shouldn't matter? It's still someone doing the exact opposite of what their job is. If a policeman is guilty of misconduct then he's guilty. Whether he's on duty or not, I cannot see mattering in any but the most insubstantial forms.

Did I say cops always defend their own and nothing bad ever happens to them? I almost never make definitive statements of that type so I'm pretty sure you're just assuming and generalizing what I've said in some contorted viewpoint.

Your last sentence is exactely my point. Cops form a brotherhood, anyone in a life or death situation job does. It becomes hard to differentiate between your duty as a brother and the duty of your oath. Personally anytime I hear of anyone in the service disobeying orders or committing atrocities I silently pray they are thrown in jail and never allowed out, because they've disgraced the uniform, the oath and indirectly myself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"