No Way Home "With Great Power, Comes Great Responsibility" - Tobey Maguire Returns As RaimiVerse Spider-Man

Arachnerd

The White Portuguese
Reaction score
spider-man-tobey-maguire.jpg

With the recent alleged set pics of Tobey Maguire and Andrew Garfield being confirmed real by Sony taking them down on Twitter, figured there would be no better time to create a thread for the OG Spider-Man himself. What are you expecting of his return in No Way Home and what are you most excited about? :D

I just can't wait to feel that same nostalgia that I felt as a kid when I saw the Raimi trilogy.

Tobey has a special place in my heart, simply because I grew up with those films. He IS the definitive Spider-Man for me and I am so glad he is coming back to the big screen!

No disrespect to Nicholas Hammond, but Tobey will always be OG Spider-Man for me and It's going to be something special seeing him back on the bigscreen again.

I know I'm going to feel emotional seeing him in that classic suit since the last time we saw him in it was back in 2007 when I hadn't even started highschool yet which makes it even more special for me.

For a generation. Myself, included. Back in those days, this trilogy was the hottest thing on superhero movies.
Still can't believe he's back.
giphy.gif
Agreed.

He was the Spider-Man of my generation, and played a massively important role in shaping what I love about comic book characters, and well told stories. That trilogy holds such a special place in my heart and it's a perfect example of what happens when you have a crew and cast that understand the material, respect it while telling a contemporary story for modern audiences. Raimi and the everybody else did that so damn well and no live action adaption of the character has come close to it since.

Like Batman, I don't think there is a definitive live-action version of the character.
That's the charm with these two. You can pick your favorite version, and most of the times is the one you grew up with.
I think Holland's is the best description of Peter on screen, really like this guy. Garfield was good too, in fact, I think both are above Maguire with comic- accuracy, IMO. But Tobey has some innocence and charisma that makes you relate to the character, his insecures, even if you don't have superpowers. You care about him. Like Nolan trilogy, this was the perfect combo: great cast, great action pieces, iconic music, iconic villains, all wrapped in an elegant direction that respects the source material and adapts it very well. You don't see this with cbm movies today, unfortunately.

I always will have fondness for Tobey. Words can't express how much Spider-Man 2 meant to me both as a Spidey fan or comics fan. However at the risk of blasphemy, I knew even then he wasn't exactly my Spider-Man. I did think he was probably going to be the best we were gonna get but he wasn't like what Christopher Reeve was to Superman or what Hugh was to Wolverine (despite the height).

I'd still be very happy to see him again if we do.

Remember guys, Maguire has a verified Twitter account:

E9icBgWVgAMn-fD

Though it probably won’t happen, I wouldn’t be surprised if he posts for the very first time in several years to post the second No Way Home trailer which he most likely will be in.

So what's the likelihood of Maguire Spidey getting his mask and costume damaged or him taking off his mask for the final battle?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"