The Amazing Spider-Man 2 With Great Sequel Comes Great Lounging - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just saw Iron Man 3.

I didn't like it.

I don't want to talk about it.

:funny:

Yes, realistically Shield should have been involved, but I was glad that we got another Iron Man movie that was pretty much strictly about Iron Man. I prefer it that way as opposed to what we got in #2.

But the difference would be that S.H.I.E.L.D. would be important to the main plot, whereas it felt forced in IM2 when the main plot should have been about Justin Hammer.

Just saw Iron Man 3.

I didn't like it.

I don't want to talk about it.

You ain't gonna feel better 'bout it till you tell us your emotions!!!

I think S.H.E.L.D. was probably still busy with all the Avengers stuff and the government seemed pretty pissed with them at the end of The Avengers too.

is not worth it imho

You ain't gonna feel better 'bout it till you tell us your emotions!!!

I think S.H.E.L.D. was probably still busy with all the Avengers stuff and the government seemed pretty pissed with them at the end of The Avengers too.

Hawkeye could've been sent to help though, at least. I just find it silly that S.H.I.E.L.D. shows up in the first film when Tony escapes from a terrorist hideout, and then shows up to watch over a drunk Tony...but then nothing when a supposed terrorist shows up in the states and starts blowing stuff up.

And with Captain America: The Winter Soldier taking place in Washington, DC, I wonder if they'll use the same president. One would think so since it's all in the same universe. I would let go some of my problems of S.H.I.E.L.D. not showing up in IM3 if TWS takes place at the same time as IM3 and when Mandarin appears and the president is kidnapped, Fury can't send anyone to help as they'd have their own problem to deal with with The Winter Soldier and Crossbones.

i don´t know it didn´t set up anything, it was played mostly for comedy

Such as the entire film :o

I find it funny that when I posted this:

Bane was an actual threat and broke Batman who played his hand very well as a general while Talia al Ghul was in the background.

Aldrich Killian is the real Mandarin that hires an actor to portray The Mandarin...and your ridiculous claim of it wouldn't be any worse than TDKR is ****ing hilarious.

Plus, it's even worse than Batman Begins because at least they didn't explore the entire film into making the audience think the Ra's decoy was legit.

Repulsor Blast said it isn't entirely accurate...but it is :funny:

Marvel wanted us to feel how Tony felt. And for the most part it worked.

Saw IM3 last night. I kinda am wishing now that I read some reviews before seeing this because I would have maybe had a hint at what was coming. Oh boy. I did not like IM3.

Here's some things I will quickly note. Spoilers ahead.

First off...the comedy. It felt like all they needed was Zack Galifinakis to even out the score. I like Tony's quips, but this went way over board in the comedy. Cheap, juvenile, over used and a lot of times unnecessary.

The PTSD/panic attacks. It served NO other purpose than to remind you of the Avengers. What a slap in the face. I felt it was lazy, out of place and did nothing for the plot. It kinda reminded me of Harry's amnesia from SM3.

And here's my biggest issue...the Mandarin...they RUINED the mandarin. I'm all for taking literary license with some characters, adapting them etc. but to totally humiliate the character like they did was just about as bad as taking the Joker and turning him into a clown that runs around on a unicycle at home and talks about sports with the wife. If they were going to make a joke out of the character, don't even bother. Do it right or not at all. I would have just preferred the Extremis soldiers, it wouldn't have been half bad.

Aldritch. the first moment he came on screen dressed all my wife leaned over and asked if that was guy pierce. when I acknowledged that it was she said "yup, he'll be the villain I bet...famous actor dissed at the beginning of the movie.. kinda a no brainer". He wasn't bad, and the extremis program was pretty cool.

The end battle was actually pretty cool. I liked that we finally got to see the full array of suits for once. Only problem was that it went on for too long and the ridiculous ease at which the super soldiers tore through them was kinda over done (don't even get me started about guy pierce breathing fire).

These are just some of the ones I can think off the top of my head. Even the audience I was with seemed like they were disappointed by what they saw

I am pleased that the final battle is given the most praise so far as that's the best part of the film, imo.

Well...

except the part when Killian somehow magically lived after that explosion...if you ask me, that should've been the end of Killian and I think Pepper should have died as well. Oh well.

xWOAur3.jpg

Yeah, I just saw that lol. I was rooting for Indiana :o

The PTSD/panic attacks. It served NO other purpose than to remind you of the Avengers. What a slap in the face. I felt it was lazy, out of place and did nothing for the plot. It kinda reminded me of Harry's amnesia from SM3.

I thought they were great. It made perfect sense. Aliens invaded Earth, hundreds were killed, and there was a moment where you went to space and you weren't sure if you were gonna make it out. Having PTSD because of those events is perfectly understandable. It showed Tony had a weakness. And it was nothing like Harry's amnesia. Saying that on his way down from the wormhole that he hit his head and lost his memory and now he forgets everything from The Avengers; now that's lazy.

The issue with SHIELD not being present in IM3 is that this is the film where they SHOULD have been present whereas with IM2, there was no point.'

IM3's story made it perfectly logical for them to be present, and yet, they weren't.

The movie does take place over 3 days, so maybe that's why.

I thought they were great. It made perfect sense. Aliens invaded Earth, hundreds were killed, and there was a moment where you went to space and you weren't sure if you were gonna make it out. Having PTSD because of those events is perfectly understandable. It showed Tony had a weakness. And it was nothing like Harry's amnesia. Saying that on his way down from the wormhole that he hit his head and lost his memory and now he forgets everything from The Avengers; now that's lazy.

I don't mind the PTSD...in fact, I found it as a smart move since Tony Stark is the more human character of The Avengers(if you don't count S.H.I.E.L.D., obviously). Captain America, Thor, Bruce Banner...they could probably just shrug these events off, Tony is someone that couldn't. BUT...my biggest problem is how the PTSD is somewhat resolved. I didn't mind the inclusion of Harley, but the way a kid helps resolve Tony's problem...it seemed like they wanted to throw away that little storyline and quickly. I wouldn't have minded to see more of the PTSD as much as I'd like to see more of a downward spiral in IM2 with thinking he's going to die.

The issue with SHIELD not being present in IM3 is that this is the film where they SHOULD have been present whereas with IM2, there was no point.'

IM3's story made it perfectly logical for them to be present, and yet, they weren't.

The movie does take place over 3 days, so maybe that's why.

Bingo :up:

And even if the movie takes place over three days, if someone like Rhodes knew that "The Mandarin" has bombed nine different areas, that should give enough reason for S.H.I.E.L.D. to automatically show up. They'll even show up in seconds if Tony Stark is presumed to be dead from The Mandarin's attacks.

But it accomplished nothing. The problem wasn't clearly resolved in any way nor did it actually affect his fight with Killian in any way. He never really overcame it not did he seem to have need to. So what was the point of that again? I guess blowing up all the suits in the end is supposed to suggest he's getting over it since those are all the suits he made while he was trying to keep his mind occupied so he could keep from thinking about New York, but I really don't get it. He still is going to make more suits -_-.

In the end Tony talks on about how he's now a changed man and that the suit was just a cocoon. All I could think was WTF is he talking about? Wasn't he ALREADY a changed man? He's a hero, saved the world a couple times, and no longer wasting his life away partying and drinking. The suits were never a cocoon, they were his way of using his intelligence for good... The metaphor is really vague and really doesn't explain anything.

So what did he have to change from? Makes no sense at all.

Wasn't Tony sort of undergoing an identity crisis in this movie? I thought the whole point of his character arc was to establish that it wasn't the suit that made the man, but the man that made the suit. HE is Iron Man, not the suit. He comes to realize that he can work his way out of any circumstance because of his extraordinary intelligence, and that is his greatest superpower. Whereas in the beginning of the movie, he tries, rather unsuccessfully, to deal with his anxiety by putting all his stock into the Iron Man suits- he thinks he's dependant on them. I don't know, maybe I'm not explaining it properly. But in the end of the movie, he IS a changed man because he has grown in confidence, and is prepared to deal successfully with any weirdness that comes his way.

Wasn't Tony sort of undergoing an identity crisis in this movie? I thought the whole point of his character arc was to establish that it wasn't the suit that made the man, but the man that made the suit. HE is Iron Man, not the suit. He comes to realize that he can work his way out of any circumstance because of his extraordinary intelligence, and that is his greatest superpower. Whereas in the beginning of the movie, he tries, rather unsuccessfully, to deal with his anxiety by putting all his stock into the Iron Man suits- he thinks he's dependant on them. I don't know, maybe I'm not explaining it properly. But in the end of the movie, he IS a changed man because he has grown in confidence, and is prepared to deal successfully with any weirdness that comes his way.

Yeah, pretty much this. This is how I viewed it as anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"