The Amazing Spider-Man 2 With Great Sequel Comes Great Lounging - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really don't think Val Kilmer was a bad Batman, the movie suffered from writing and directing, but over Batman Forever was still more exciting than some of the entries

Never liked Returns, it had some neat moments but overall I never found it to be particularly special.

My childhood was Batman Forever. I think I watched that movie like over 10 times when I was 8-12. Dunno why I didn't watch B89 as much back then as now I find it to be superior.

Never liked Returns, it had some neat moments but overall I never found it to be particularly special.

My childhood was Batman Forever. I think I watched that movie like over 10 times when I was 8-12. Dunno why I didn't watch B89 as much back then as now I find it to be superior.

I just really like Micheal Keaton. I also love Batman Returns, I think it gets a lot of unnecessary hate, I always thought Val Kilmer did good. Also I really like Batman 89, Jack Nicholson really did an amazing job as the Joker, its a shame people won't take the time. For me, the Nolan franchise is hugely overrated

Out of topic from all of this, but know what I really hate? Obnoxious and snobby overly religious people that go around to other people on the street and act like they're better than everyone else when they ask them if they sin or what have you.

It's like...I'm sorry, but THOSE are the people that I would love for God to just flip them off when they die :funny: (if you believe in the afterlife, that is)

A minor complaint but what happened to dark and gritty gotham in begins???

Nolan himself acknowledged this in that he wanted to show other parts of Gotham City in the following two films. What we see of the gritty and dark Gotham was the slums of Gotham to show what the mob is doing to the city's people as well as showing the Narrows(which was a set location, not something that was filmed at an actual city). We didn't see Arkham Asylum, thus the Narrows wasn't necessary anymore and TDK's Gotham was trying to showcase a more prosperous city that became even more prosperous and even cleaner in TDKR as well(before everything went to bad place in both films, obviously).

Batman cleaned it up. How? Don't ask...

tgdbm.jpg

I will always wish Nolan had his Batman call himself the Goddamn Batman.

I've been watching Supernatural, Buffy, The Office, and some movies here and there.

tumblr_m99s2xtKbo1rsw1yf.gif

Thats the mistake they did,overdid it

Every movie Aping BB wont turn out to be good...

They didn't overdo it, imo. They gave us sporadic flashbacks which is the opposite of BB where they focused the flashbacks on a long period of time either from Bruce falling down to where the bats were to that seemingly same night where his parents died, then to Bruce coming home from college, watching Chill die, meet with Carmine Falcone then flee Gotham. MOS's flashbacks are much more sporadic and laid out throughout the film. Different while still using the ideas that BB uses. Imo, the way MOS uses its flashbacks is exactly the way I would want to be with a Spider-Man film of us seeing how Peter becomes Spidey while the present is of Spider-Man already there and already a known hero.

Really?
He didnt have a single dialogue for the first 45 minutes,and thats the time in the origin movie which makes you fan of the hero and root for him and they wasted that time

Cavill did well in the scenes which required emotion but the writing didnt do him justice

[BLACKOUT]The part of Clark traveling and finally reaching the scout ship/Fortress, why would Clark want to say anything to anyone, though?[/BLACKOUT] He was a loner and that was the point. He tried to be a loner for so long after he left Smallville. I thought that was clear that that's the reason he didn't say much to anyone.

Speaking of which,why was she taken there? That didnt have a reason

Yah. My biggest complaint of the film right there. It's all to help the plot surely, but nothing is given for why Lois was taken. [BLACKOUT]They made it known that they read Kal-El's mind, so Lois wasn't needed except for plot convenience.[/BLACKOUT]

And yes she was really a damsel in distress and it got irritating,all three times
[BLACKOUT]
1.First time when she follows Clark and get hit by that machine or whatever,that felt forced
2.Why was she taken into that spacecraft in the first place?
3.The third time was the MOST irritating,a hundred people are dying and half a dozen are falling from the sky but Superman manages to spot a following Lois and saves her,big-effing-deal.There are a million people dying all around
[/BLACKOUT]

[BLACKOUT]I wouldn't really call 1 and 3 "damsel in distress moments" because of how she was proactive in those situations and wasn't taken by the villain. With the Black Zero's case, she was taken there by Faora and then her pod was destroyed by another member of Zod's insurgency.

And in regards to the third one, Superman only sees one person falling from the airplane in an area that's already been destroyed. No one else could have possibly be falling to their deaths in that moment; those people are already dead, and as I mentioned, Superman wasn't able to do anything about that. He was busy with the World Engine on the other side of the planet before he even arrives to Metropolis.[/BLACKOUT]

It was also extremely irritating how she turned up literrally everywhere,even with the army

[BLACKOUT]In the final fight they go up to satellite to fight and crash back into a building,and viola she's there as soon as it is over[/BLACKOUT]

See, I loved that about Lois in this film. Of all the love interests in CBMs, Lois Lane needed to be there the most. Her portrayal in MOS reminds me of Superman: Doomsday(the '07 animated film) when she's also right there during everything.

Not at all
[BLACKOUT]He started out well--'I'LL FIND HIM'
The message he sent out was also chilling but he went downhill after that

Supes destroyed his mask and he came out to be extremely weak,like a weak puppy and had to be rescued
He could not stop Superman when he destroyed those two ships and only started fighting him when all was lost.And even then,Superman always had the upper hand.Not at all intimadating[/BLACKOUT]

Superman had the upper hand? Not at all.

[BLACKOUT]Zod was really owning him for most of that battle between just those two when Zod finally honed in his senses. Beat him in hand to hand combat, during the scene where he tosses that LexCorp truck at Supes, and even outmatched him during flight as well.[/BLACKOUT]

Though that Faora chick was pure evil,thrashed Superman all around.She was much more intimidating

She was only as combative as Zod was, though.

How many people did he directly save
[BLACKOUT]Lois,That falling soldier and those 6-7 people in the end.[/BLACKOUT]
His fight with Zod probably killed thousands,he should have tried to steer it towards a remote area or something

The destruction was too much,it was poor directing.
Also I hate 2012 like senario when they focus on 3 people trying to escape when there is a apocalypse all around,yeah big deal pal,three guys escaped

It wasn't all Superman, though. [BLACKOUT]He was on the other side of the world when the Black Zero was terraforming Metropolis, when the gravity field around the ship was forcing the numerous missiles down unto Metropolis...the only part that is Superman's "fault" is when it was just him and Zod, but Zod WANTED to kill every single human in existence. If Superman tried to move the battle away, Zod would have just gone back to Metropolis, or just go to where ever he can to kill any human being he can find. That was his agenda next to also killing Superman. Far different with Zod of Superman II who just wanted everyone to kneel before him as some god. The Zod of Man of Steel wanted to kill everything as much as Superman killed his only hope of continuing Krypton again.[/BLACKOUT]

1)Spider-Man 2
2)the Amazing Spider-Man
3)Spider-Man
4)Spider-Man 3

1)Batman Begins
2)Batman 89
3)the Dark Knight
4)Batman Returns
5)Forever
6)Batman 66
7)Dark Knight Rises
8)Batman and Robin

1)Man of Steel
2)Super Man 2
3)Super Man the Motion Picture
4)Super Man 3
5)Super Man 4

That is my opinion, feel free to **** on it now

Well...I like Spider-Man 2 and MOS being on top, lol.

Besides my ranking of Batman films, I would say this for Spidey and Superman...

1.) Spider-Man 2
2.) Spider-Man
3.) The Amazing Spider-Man
4.) Spider-Man 3

1.) Man of Steel
2.) Superman: The Movie
3.) Superman II
4.) Superman Returns
5.) Superman III
6.) Superman IV: The Quest For Peace

1. Tdk
2. Tdkr
3. B89
4. Bb

5. Bf
6. Br
7. B&r

I like the bold :up:

Out of topic from all of this, but know what I really hate? Obnoxious and snobby overly religious people that go around to other people on the street and act like they're better than everyone else when they ask them if they sin or what have you.

It's like...I'm sorry, but THOSE are the people that I would love for God to just flip them off when they die :funny: (if you believe in the afterlife, that is)

Nolan himself acknowledged this in that he wanted to show other parts of Gotham City in the following two films. What we see of the gritty and dark Gotham was the slums of Gotham to show what the mob is doing to the city's people as well as showing the Narrows(which was a set location, not something that was filmed at an actual city). We didn't see Arkham Asylum, thus the Narrows wasn't necessary anymore and TDK's Gotham was trying to showcase a more prosperous city that became even more prosperous and even cleaner in TDKR as well(before everything went to bad place in both films, obviously).

I will always wish Nolan had his Batman call himself the Goddamn Batman.

tumblr_m99s2xtKbo1rsw1yf.gif

They didn't overdo it, imo. They gave us sporadic flashbacks which is the opposite of BB where they focused the flashbacks on a long period of time either from Bruce falling down to where the bats were to that seemingly same night where his parents died, then to Bruce coming home from college, watching Chill die, meet with Carmine Falcone then flee Gotham. MOS's flashbacks are much more sporadic and laid out throughout the film. Different while still using the ideas that BB uses. Imo, the way MOS uses its flashbacks is exactly the way I would want to be with a Spider-Man film of us seeing how Peter becomes Spidey while the present is of Spider-Man already there and already a known hero.

[BLACKOUT]The part of Clark traveling and finally reaching the scout ship/Fortress, why would Clark want to say anything to anyone, though?[/BLACKOUT] He was a loner and that was the point. He tried to be a loner for so long after he left Smallville. I thought that was clear that that's the reason he didn't say much to anyone.

Yah. My biggest complaint of the film right there. It's all to help the plot surely, but nothing is given for why Lois was taken. [BLACKOUT]They made it known that they read Kal-El's mind, so Lois wasn't needed except for plot convenience.[/BLACKOUT]

[BLACKOUT]I wouldn't really call 1 and 3 "damsel in distress moments" because of how she was proactive in those situations and wasn't taken by the villain. With the Black Zero's case, she was taken there by Faora and then her pod was destroyed by another member of Zod's insurgency.

And in regards to the third one, Superman only sees one person falling from the airplane in an area that's already been destroyed. No one else could have possibly be falling to their deaths in that moment; those people are already dead, and as I mentioned, Superman wasn't able to do anything about that. He was busy with the World Engine on the other side of the planet before he even arrives to Metropolis.[/BLACKOUT]

See, I loved that about Lois in this film. Of all the love interests in CBMs, Lois Lane needed to be there the most. Her portrayal in MOS reminds me of Superman: Doomsday(the '07 animated film) when she's also right there during everything.

[BLACKOUT]Zod was really owning him for most of that battle between just those two when Zod finally honed in his senses. Beat him in hand to hand combat, during the scene where he tosses that LexCorp truck at Supes, and even outmatched him during flight as well.[/BLACKOUT]

She was only as combative as Zod was, though.

It wasn't all Superman, though. [BLACKOUT]He was on the other side of the world when the Black Zero was terraforming Metropolis, when the gravity field around the ship was forcing the numerous missiles down unto Metropolis...the only part that is Superman's "fault" is when it was just him and Zod, but Zod WANTED to kill every single human in existence. If Superman tried to move the battle away, Zod would have just gone back to Metropolis, or just go to where ever he can to kill any human being he can find. That was his agenda next to also killing Superman. Far different with Zod of Superman II who just wanted everyone to kneel before him as some god. The Zod of Man of Steel wanted to kill everything as much as Superman killed his only hope of continuing Krypton again.[/BLACKOUT]

Well...I like Spider-Man 2 and MOS being on top, lol.

Besides my ranking of Batman films, I would say this for Spidey and Superman...

1.) Spider-Man 2
2.) Spider-Man
3.) The Amazing Spider-Man
4.) Spider-Man 3

1.) Man of Steel
2.) Superman: The Movie
3.) Superman II
4.) Superman Returns
5.) Superman III
6.) Superman IV: The Quest For Peace

I like the bold :up:

That was quite a lot lol, but I agree with almost everything you said, some people have their heads in their as****, especially over religious people. Also it wouldnt hurt for some people to actually pick up a comic book to actually read about the real version of the character

How the **** did I miss Super Man Returns!? I have the steelbox sitting right next to me :| I like it less than Super Man 2, but more than Super Man 1. There. Now you all know. I know you were on the edge of your seats wondering.

The hyphen in Spider-Man makes me question life itself, and when I type Spider-Man, then Superman, then Bat Man, then Howard the Duck it makes me feel strange.

FML

Spider-Man, Batman, Superman. AND DON'T YOU FORGET IT!!!

lol j/k

The MoS story structure DID ape the one from BB. And that's probably the reason why I didn't like MoS as much as any film of the TDKT: Nolan was there to correct Goyer's script to near perfection; Snyder didn't.

And if I ever have my way, I'll hunt down every copy of Batman Returns and burn it, or feed it to my enemies.

The MoS story structure DID ape the one from BB. And that's probably the reason why I didn't like MoS as much as any film of the TDKT: Nolan was there to correct Goyer's script to near perfection; Snyder didn't.

And if I ever have my way, I'll hunt down every copy of Batman Returns and burn it, or feed it to my enemies.
I thought it was interesting, defiantly a fresh take on Batman, and it had Micheal Keaton, which is the seller for me.

Defiantly? Yes. Successful (to me)? No.

Any CBM that are considered bad that you liked? for me it would be origins wolverine... I liked it lol. I also thought Hulk 2003 was an OK film, still enjoyed it

I very much appreciate Ang's Hulk, although it ultimately bores me and fails on several levels.

I also enjoy the Fantastic Four movies as action comedies, and then there's Batman and Robin which is gold.

I wonder if there will ever be a SM film worse than SM3?

Any CBM that are considered bad that you liked? for me it would be origins wolverine... I liked it lol. I also thought Hulk 2003 was an OK film, still enjoyed it

I enjoy the First Fantastic Four as well as SM3

I like Hulk(2003) much more than TIH.

Daredevil was a great movie too.Also loved the X:men-Orgins Wolverine except the climax

daredevil's director's cut is really good; a lot better than the theatrical cut.

remove that playground scene and you have a great comic book movie lol

Exactly and they over did
I would never want that kind in a Spider-man movie
It gives no sense of continuity and it gets irritating

BB did it fine though

And that was poor writing,Loner doesnt mean he needs to be mute
How do you expect people to like him and root for him when he never talks?
And thats the complaint most critics have
To love a superhero you need to hear him talk and fall in love with him during the initial part of the film

Lazy writing at its best

Okay I can excuse the first one
But there was no point in taking her up there the second time he saved her
And the 3rd one was forced,million are dying all around and he manages to spot one person falling and that happens to be Lois Lane? :doh:

The 'Damsel-in-Distress' was even more than Raimi's MJ.
And MJ and Peter atleast had chemistry in SM1

:doh:
If she needs to be there then they need to make it less forced and natural,like Webb did in TASM or in BB
Rather than her popping up literally every where Superman/Clark Kent went

I never felt so
And that 'What have done to me' thing was pathetic,it removed all badassness about him and he came across as a sick puppy who had to be rescued
As I said Faora was more of challenge than Zod

Thats no excuse
He could have easily steered the battle away,some remote place like Alaska or even into space

Thats what Whedon did in TA,CapAm strictly asks for a perimeter and orders Stark to not let any alien leave it.Thats what humanizes the Super-heroes,their extreme dedication to save the Human life

Spider-Man 2
Spider-Man
The Amazing Spider-Man
Green Lantern
Spider-Man 3

I liked Origins: Wolverine more than most people, but it is probably the worse X film yet. I also like X3: TLS more than most, but again, it's probably the second worse X film.
I fairly enjoyed Hulk 03, it has grown on me quite a bit.
I like Daredevil DC, it's pretty good.
Ghost Rider: SoV and Punisher: War Zone are guilty pleasures of mine.
I like Batman Forever, it's a fun movie.

1. TASM
2. SM1
3. SM2
99999. SM3

Some will **** on me for not having SM2 as the best Raimi film but I watched all of them again recently and I enjoyed SM1 far more than the other two, and frankly I've always thought SM2 was really overrated.

Hey, we're two! These are my exact same feelings to the detail! :up:

This!!!!

So much this!!!

They are just so hypocritical! I've heard from others that the Bible says you shall not judge other people yet that's exactly what they do all the time!

I've even heard from a girl who was in my high school class (and we were even "half friends" sorta) that even though I was a great guy I will burn in bad place simply because I don't believe in their god (I don't believe in any). Yes, those exact words: "Unfortunately you will burn in bad place because you don't believe in God". And she said it as if we were talking about anything, very coldly. Like "Hey, what's up, you're gonna burn in bad place!" haha! I have some christian friends and they can talk openly even though I sit right next to them that "People who don't believe in God are stupid idiots", even though I would NEVER say such things about christians like that in such a disrespectful way. But hey, of course I am the sinful one, even though they drink more at partys, even though they try to "get laid" every chance they get and I don't, even though they care less about being respectful to others etc.

I mean, freedom of speech and all that, but what makes them think it's not really rude to say such things to others? I don't care about how they chose to live life so they should shut the **** up and don't try to judge me for chosing not to believe in something completely lacking of evidence.

Last edited:
That was quite a lot lol, but I agree with almost everything you said

Yaya :up:

Lol.

I would have to disagree. It's being inspired by the structure as much as films like IM and TAS-M(and also MOS) were inspired by the film's tone. Plus, it had the flashbacks sporadically from beginning to end to go along with a certain scene's theme compared to BB that only had flashbacks in the first act.

Ang Lee's Hulk, Daredevil(the director's cut), Batman Forever and Batman & Robin(at times whenever I feel like watching them as I have all of the Burton/Schumacher Batfilms), I own Iron Man 2 and would still watch that any day of the week before Iron Man 3, The Punisher('04)...I don't get the hate of it, but some CB fans do hate it.

Would Swamp Thing count as well? I don't know what others think of the film, but I always enjoy watching it.

Exactly and they over did
I would never want that kind in a Spider-man movie
It gives no sense of continuity and it gets irritating

BB did it fine though

It's a non-linear film, which is fine by me. Yes, BB did it great, but I like the sporadic flashbacks throughout the film. Gave MOS a cool feeling, imo.

And that was poor writing,Loner doesnt mean he needs to be mute
How do you expect people to like him and root for him when he never talks?
And thats the complaint most critics have
To love a superhero you need to hear him talk and fall in love with him during the initial part of the film

I would not want Clark to talk to strangers or what have you. Him being a loner and not talking to anyone was specific for the film and I enjoyed it myself.

Lazy writing at its best

Ehhh, I didn't mind it if it was plot convenience.

Okay I can excuse the first one
But there was no point in taking her up there the second time he saved her
And the 3rd one was forced,million are dying all around and he manages to spot one person falling and that happens to be Lois Lane? :doh:

The 'Damsel-in-Distress' was even more than Raimi's MJ.
And MJ and Peter atleast had chemistry in SM1

They were already dead though. The Black Zero already killed everyone around there as there was no one else falling to their deaths, except Lois.

:doh:
If she needs to be there then they need to make it less forced and natural,like Webb did in TASM or in BB
Rather than her popping up literally every where Superman/Clark Kent went

Except that's Lois Lane. She's the only love interest that should pop up wherever Superman is.

I never felt so
And that 'What have done to me' thing was pathetic,it removed all badassness about him and he came across as a sick puppy who had to be rescued
As I said Faora was more of challenge than Zod

You and your idea that villains are "sick puppies", lol.

Zod was a clear match to Superman in the film. Go ask anyone.

Thats no excuse
He could have easily steered the battle away,some remote place like Alaska or even into space

And then Zod would have gone to find some one to kill besides Superman as he SAID he is going to kill every single human.

Thats what Whedon did in TA,CapAm strictly asks for a perimeter and orders Stark to not let any alien leave it.Thats what humanizes the Super-heroes,their extreme dedication to save the Human life

But the Chitauri also didn't even seem like they cared about killing off all of humanity. Zod's mission was such once Superman put a stop to Zod's plan of terraforming and changing Earth.

Spider-Man 2
Spider-Man
The Amazing Spider-Man
Green Lantern
Spider-Man 3

Hrm?

This!!!!

So much this!!!

They are just so hypocritical! I've heard from others that the Bible says you shall not judge other people yet that's exactly what they do all the time!

I've even heard from a girl who was in my high school class (and we were even "half friends" sorta) that even though I was a great guy I will burn in bad place simply because I don't believe in their god (I don't believe in any). Yes, those exact words: "Unfortunately you will burn in bad place because you don't believe in God". And she said it as if we were talking about anything, very coldly. Like "Hey, what's up, you're gonna burn in bad place!" haha! I have some christian friends and they can talk openly even though I sit right next to them that "People who don't believe in God are stupid idiots", even though I would NEVER say such things about christians like that in such a disrespectful way. But hey, of course I am the sinful one, even though they drink more at partys, even though they try to "get laid" every chance they get and I don't, even though they care less about being respectful to others etc.

I mean, freedom of speech and all that, but what makes them think it's not really rude to say such things to others? I don't care about how they chose to live life so they should shut the **** up and don't try to judge me for chosing not to believe in something completely lacking of evidence.

I had the experience Monday night when I left TDKR at AMC where one of those overly religious type stopped me on the parking lot while I was with people and tried to talk me down. It was just so annoying.

Yes, people have freedom of speech, but don't accuse me of such when as you said, the Bible also talks of casting the first stone and to not judge others. I even brought that up and he only said "Well, I'm asking you."

So instead of God doing it, I flipped him off myself...it was just so bogus.

I like Batman forever quite a bit, along with Superman returns, I think those movies get way to much hate

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"