Wizard Interview with Mei Melancon (Psylocke)

LittleMissVixen

Sidekick
Reaction score
The new Wizard Movie speacial magazine had an interview with Mei/Psylocke...here is a paraphrased summary....

- She originally auditioned for the part of Callisto, but the role went to Dani Ramirez.
- Mei received a callback when they were seeking someone with martial arts experience
- * Mei described Psylocke as “strong arm” helping Magneto.
- *Mei said the movie is an introduction for the character. She said Psylocke will turn into shadows, merge with walls and use her psi-blades.
- Mei is familiar with the comic book character, and she did additional reading/research
- Due to time constraints, they could not die all of her hair purple.
- They tried the thong/ tights look, but it didn’t look right

** Direct quote: - “I am a bad girl. I’m basically a strong-arm helping [Magento and the Brotherhood of Mutants] do different things. It’s an introduction to my character. I turn into shadows and go through walls; and I also have psi-blades.”

- Mei said the movie is an introduction for the character. She said Psylocke will turn into shadows, merge with walls and use her psi-blades.

HHHHHHHOOOLLLLLYYYYY SSSHHHHHHIIIIIII************!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:eek: ..........:eek: .........:eek: .......:eek: : ...

:eek: :eek: :eek:

Could Psylocke merge with walls? Is that in comics??

LittleMissVixen said:
The new Wizard Movie speacial magazine had an interview with Mei/Psylocke...here is a paraphrased summary....

- She originally auditioned for the part of Callisto, but the role went to Dani Ramirez.
- Mei received a callback when they were seeking someone with martial arts experience
- Mei described Psylocke as “strong arm” helping Magneto.
- Mei said the movie is an introduction for the character. She said Psylocke will turn into shadows, merge with walls and use her psi-blades.
- Mei is familiar with the comic book character, and she did additional reading/research

the thong didn't look right huh? well maybe cuz she has no BUTT!!! I think out of all the characters they butchered Psylocke. but i have to wait and see how she turns out in the movie. i think she's one of the hottest characters in the comics. I could see Angelina Jolie playing her but i guess they went with the more asian look.

BoBByJoMo said:
Could Psylocke merge with walls? Is that in comics??

Yes, when she gained her Crimson Dawn powers in the late-90s (when she was spoting the red tat over her eye)

HughJackFan420 said:
the thong didn't look right huh? well maybe cuz she has no BUTT!!! I think out of all the characters they butchered Psylocke. but i have to wait and see how she turns out in the movie. i think she's one of the hottest characters in the comics. I could see Angelina Jolie playing her but i guess they went with the more asian look.

Well..."asian" Psylocke was her most popular incarnation, so it only stands to reason...

LittleMissVixen said:
Well..."asian" Psylocke was her most popular incarnation, so it only stands to reason...
I AGREE:up:

LittleMissVixen said:

- Mei described Psylocke as “strong arm” helping Magneto.

Yay!!!!!!!!! awesome

its nice to know that the tvspots havent ruined everything just yet..

xwolverine2 said:

I agree, there is still a lot we haven't seen yet!!!:up:

I would love to see the shadow powers, but could she have meant comic psylocke and not movie psylocke when she said that?

I love that she did additional research! Go Mei!

Not dying her hair because of time constraits? Boo...I hope it looks right on film.

xwolverine2 said:
I think im the only one on these boards that hasent seen the TV spots :D

Exploding Boy said:
I think im the only one on these boards that hasent seen the TV spots :D
i respect you...

*applauds at explodingboy*

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"