Wizard Interview with Mei Melancon (Psylocke)

Thank you, thank you .I havent been in the forum nearly as much since those TV spots came out.

i hope she has her british accent and telepathy

x-periment said:
not her british accent because shes japanese.

She still has the personality and mind of a British woman, so yes, she would have a British accent.

x-periment said:
not her british accent because shes japanese.
..no she isnt she's british. even when she switched bodies she was still british. you guys realize you can be asian and british at the same time right?? lol

Ashlocke said:
I would love to see the shadow powers, but could she have meant comic psylocke and not movie psylocke when she said that?

I love that she did additional research! Go Mei!

Not dying her hair because of time constraits? Boo...I hope it looks right on film.

It seems confusing, but here is the direct quote....

“I am a bad girl. I’m basically a strong-arm helping [Magento and the Brotherhood of Mutants] do different things. It’s an introduction to my character. I turn into shadows and go through walls; and I also have psi-blades.”

LittleMissVixen said:
Well..."asian" Psylocke was her most popular incarnation, so it only stands to reason...

That's debatable...

Specter313 said:
She still has the personality and mind of a British woman, so yes, she would have a British accent.
that would be wierd to explain..........or understand

but who cares about the general audience:o

gap5ewl said:
..no she isnt she's british. even when she switched bodies she was still british. you guys realize you can be asian and british at the same time right?? lol

sorry. lol

LittleMissVixen said:
The new Wizard Movie speacial magazine had an interview with Mei/Psylocke...here is a paraphrased summary....

- She originally auditioned for the part of Callisto, but the role went to Dani Ramirez.
- Mei received a callback when they were seeking someone with martial arts experience
- Mei described Psylocke as “strong arm” helping Magneto.
- Mei said the movie is an introduction for the character. She said Psylocke will turn into shadows, merge with walls and use her psi-blades.
- Mei is familiar with the comic book character, and she did additional reading/research
- Due to time constraints, they could not die all of her hair purple.
- They tried the thong/ tights look, but it didn’t look right
Interesting.

Specter313 said:
That's debatable...
i guess you could debate, but think about it this way...Psylocke known mostly for being an Asian with purple hair and a blue barely there ninja outfit, yes?

yay she uses her psi powers!woo hoo

If you're happy and you know it clap your hands :D

awsome, so i guess we will she he actaulY do some stuff! CAN'T WAIT TA SEE IT

Majik1387 said:
I doubt she'll have much lines if any to even have a British accent.
well thank you.........

you ruined the good news:o

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"