Sequels Wizard Says It's Officialy On For 2010

Whether if it was in Wizard or not, and they never get anything right, it'll happen I'm sure.

I think it's time for a new Peter but I wish Raimi would be back.

It would be cool to see a Spidey done by Tim Burton. He has what it takes for Spider-man.

I wish the writers strike would end already! As I have said before, I want things to start picking up.

I predict raimi will be back, and probably convince tobey and the principals to come back.. he wants to do a Lizard story, so he might as well..

It would be cool to see a Spidey done by Tim Burton. He has what it takes for Spider-man.

No Tim Burton, he's way too over the top dramatic. Spidey's more grounded than his Batman movies. And Burton's all about set pieces and stuff.

But Mr. Danny Elfman needs to come back and do the score. That's a no-brainer.

And who the hell are most people, and what comic book film isn't repetitive? SM3 made 890M, seriously now, there's always disgruntled geeks/critics (whom both mean absolutely nothing in the grand scheme of things), because they seem to show up in record numbers for every Spider-Man film released. You don't see them doing this for Superman or Batman.

So for those who wish Spider-Man to take break, it's not happening anytime soon...deal with it.

Honestly, how many people do you personally know that is looking forward to Spidey 4 after Spidey 3? James Bond became a joke. Why? Because theres like 20 and the quality got worse and worse until they had to re-boot it. Personally, I don't wanna see Spidey suffer through that.

Honestly, how many people do you personally know that is looking forward to Spidey 4 after Spidey 3? James Bond became a joke. Why? Because theres like 20 and the quality got worse and worse until they had to re-boot it. Personally, I don't wanna see Spidey suffer through that.
What the hell does it matter how many people you or I know, it's success is determined by millions of people around the globe whom we don't know. Hell, I hate all the Pirates movies, I think they're Johnny Depp's worst films. Yet, the overwhelming majority don't seem to give a damn about what I or the critics think.

From what I understand, the deal between Sony/Marvel is Sony has to make a Spider-Man film every 3-5 years, if they don't, they'll lose their rights and it'll revert back to Marvel. I doubt Sony is going to allow themselves to lose Spidey's movie rights. So you really have no choice in the matter. (see page 2)

Oh, and I personally can't wait to see SM4.

James Bond became a joke. Why? Because theres like 20 and the quality got worse and worse until they had to re-boot it.

Wrong. James Bond became a joke not because of the amount of movies, it became a joke because audiences lapped up and paid for mediocrity and the film makers only gave said audiences what they'd been paying tank loads for...and that is the same with these silly spidey movies. SM1 and 2 made tank loads for silly to stupid movies and sm3, which predictably made the most only lived up to the mediocre standards set by sm1 and people only realised this after it was too late. I want to see sm4 because I'm a passionate fan of the character and mythos but my main interest lies within the possibility of a new cast/crew.

You're going to pretty much going to see Spider-Man movies whether you like them or not. Marvel cares about your feelings towards the mythos, about as much as Osama Bin Laden does.

What the hell does it matter how many people you or I know, it's success is determined by millions of people around the globe whom we don't know. Hell, I hate all the Pirates movies, I think they're Johnny Depp's worst films. Yet, the overwhelming majority don't seem to give a damn about what I or the critics think.

From what I understand, the deal between Sony/Marvel is Sony has to make a Spider-Man film every 3-5 years, if they don't, they'll lose their rights and it'll revert back to Marvel. I doubt Sony is going to allow themselves to lose Spidey's movie rights. So you really have no choice in the matter. (see page 2)

Oh, and I personally can't wait to see SM4.

Just because it earned a lot of money does not mean people loved it. everyone who pays to see it may not like it, but its not like their going to get their money back. Personally, I loved Spiderman 3, but it was a huge drop from the first two, and if it continues to decline, everyone is going to want a re-boot. why not wait a few years and make a really good film and not have to deal with a bunch of ok or bad sequels and then have a B&R type Spidey and have a re-boot? I'd love if spiderman 4 came out next year, but I don't think it would be good for the franchise.

Hey, the same thing was said of Pirates 2, yet people still flocked to see P3 (and will flock to see P4). It's all about how many didn't like it, and how many did. It matters not what everyone want, a reboot is up to Marvel/Sony only. And Sony can't wait a decade or more it took Batman to reboot--they have 5 years tops and they're not even gonna wait that long.

You've got until 2010/2011, because SM4 will be in theaters, like it or not.

You're going to pretty much going to see Spider-Man movies whether you like them or not. Marvel cares about your feelings towards the mythos, about as much as Osama Bin Laden does.

I'm not disputing that though. See, like I said, I'll watch these movies because I'm a fan and because I want to see how the film is. If it's good, fantastic, if it's garbage, I'll be doing what I've been doing here for the past 5 years. As for Marvel, I haven't underestimated the predictability of their stupidity in a long time. I care about them just as much as they care about me, which is very little.

I hope Raimi isn't involved. Also they should get a new Mary Jane. It's nice to see that Sony actually has plans for their cash cow unlike Fox who has absolutely no idea about what to do with X-men.

I think Blade should cut off MJ's head and end it saying he thought she was a Vampire. Then show Peter paying Blade some money in a alley and shaking his hand saying: 'She just wouldn't shut up!'

Just because it earned a lot of money does not mean people loved it. everyone who pays to see it may not like it, but its not like their going to get their money back. Personally, I loved Spiderman 3, but it was a huge drop from the first two, and if it continues to decline, everyone is going to want a re-boot. why not wait a few years and make a really good film and not have to deal with a bunch of ok or bad sequels and then have a B&R type Spidey and have a re-boot? I'd love if spiderman 4 came out next year, but I don't think it would be good for the franchise.

Whos to say the franchise will continue to decline though? If Raimi etc, are smart, they will listen carefully to the criticisms of Spiderman 3 and not make the same mistakes again.

For me, i want to see Raimi et al back, with The Lizard as the main villain and either The Scorpion or Rhino as another villain, 2 villains MAX.

Make it about 130 mins long, and bring a few more characters from the comics in.

Spiderman 4 has just as much potential to be great than it does to be bad.

If Raimi etc, are smart, they will listen carefully to the criticisms of Spiderman 3 and not make the same mistakes again.
It was listening to the fans beg Baby Jesus for Venom to be in SM3, that help make the mistakes, if anything, not listening to the fans would be best. I say, no listening to fanboys, period.
I'm not disputing that though. See, like I said, I'll watch these movies because I'm a fan
Then you are already their b:tch. :dry:

Not really. I have what one may call an unlicensed dvd distributor named, Mr Chan. His dvds are of an excellent quality and I only pay a fiver for 3 movies. Sony doesn't get my money but they sure as hell get yours. Who's the b:tch now, trash can boy. lol.

...Of course you do. And Mr. Chan is your lover, right?

Whos to say the franchise will continue to decline though? If Raimi etc, are smart, they will listen carefully to the criticisms of Spiderman 3 and not make the same mistakes again.

For me, i want to see Raimi et al back, with The Lizard as the main villain and either The Scorpion or Rhino as another villain, 2 villains MAX.

Make it about 130 mins long, and bring a few more characters from the comics in.

Spiderman 4 has just as much potential to be great than it does to be bad.

Imo, all 3 movies are horrible. However, by the time the 3rd movie came out, it was so bad that it was actually good. Raimi et al had 3 attempts at a spidey movie and they messed it up. However, the irony is, that the movies were a financial success. This ultimately means, when bs sells, why change it? And that is what happened. SM3 is the result of the masses accepting crap and thus being given crap among other movies of a better standard of quality. This time around, sm3 had competition, 1 and 2 didn't really have any and with the likes of the new batman films applying better quality control, the current standard of quality that the spidey movies are, simply isn't enough to cut the mustered. Change needs to occur and that has already been made clear and the chang can start by getting rid of Raimi is director and changing the cast. SM4 with the current cast will only be more of the same crap.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evilAIS
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"