Wizarding World of Harry Potter

I can't wait to go! I am going in January so the crowds are supposed to be pretty light. (here's hoping)

The last time I travelled to Florida/Disney World the Harry Potter section was just opening up (June/July 2010) and so it was too busy to go.

We are going down for 8-9 days so we will spend our days at all 4 disney parks and hopefully Blizzard Beach and try out Disney Quest as it is included in our package. Then we will spend two days (park-to-park access) at Universal Studios.

Animal Kingdom is gross and hot. I hated that park. It smelled like poop too.

I mean, I can get the appeal for it. But I felt like i was in Africa the entire time. Very strange feeling too.

Universal has always been my park of choice. So cool. Love their rides, as well as gift shops. ;D

:woot:thats the point

I prefer Disney to Universal although I do really like both parks.

It just feels like an experience going to Disney. The parks, the restaurants, them catering to you.

Universal feels like Great Adventure or Bush Gardens only nicer. Although, I really want to visit the Harry Potter section.

Since my family moved to Florida. I spent like 2 days at Universal and like 11 days at Disney.

Last edited:
I can't wait to go! I am going in January so the crowds are supposed to be pretty light. (here's hoping)

The last time I travelled to Florida/Disney World the Harry Potter section was just opening up (June/July 2010) and so it was too busy to go.

We are going down for 8-9 days so we will spend our days at all 4 disney parks and hopefully Blizzard Beach and try out Disney Quest as it is included in our package. Then we will spend two days (park-to-park access) at Universal Studios.

Make sure you ride:
Men In Black
Spider-Man
Jaws(if it's still open at that point)
Simpsons
Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey
ET (the effects in it are astounding considering it's age)

Make sure you see:
BeetleJuices Graveyard Revue
Hollywood Horror and Make Up Show

Make sure you ride:
Men In Black
Spider-Man
Jaws(if it's still open at that point)
Simpsons
Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey
ET (the effects in it are astounding considering it's age)

Make sure you see:
BeetleJuices Graveyard Revue
Hollywood Horror and Make Up Show

Yeah I am looking forward to going on all those plus more. Sadly I think Jaws will be closed by the time I get there.

I went to Universal Studios back in 95 and I rode on King Kong, Jaws, ET, Back to the Future, and a Disaster type ride from what I can remember. It will be fun to be back and seeing all the new rides.

Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey is incredible, but make sure you go straight to it first thing in the morning on the day you visit Islands of Adventure. I don't know how it will be in January, but it had some brutal wait times in July. However, the queue is as much a part of the attraction as the ride is once you make it inside the castle.

The only exception would be if you plan to do Ollivander's. In that case, you need to run there as quickly as you can. They only take a handful of people inside at one time for a twenty minute show. We skipped it because we had no children with us.

Another thing that I was really glad to find out before going to Universal: they won't let you bring anything except fanny packs/hip bags on many of their rides. If you want to avoid a locker (which gets hectic around Harry Potter world especially), you want to carry a bag that straps around your waist. They'll let you ride with it.

Last edited:
And be careful with the lockers at Universal when you have to leave your stuff in there before a ride. My friend's stuff was stolen when we were there a few years ago. We got most of it back, but their camera (that had all of their pictures of their kids at Disney World) was gone and someone had spent $500 on one of their credit cards.

I don't bring bags with me there at all now. I kept my phone, camera, and wallet in my pockets so I didn't have to bother with a locker. So much easier.

So they had a big press conference today celebrating that Harry Potter was coming to California's Universal. The Mayor said that L.A. and Gryffindor had a lot in common. The only comparison I could make was that LA traffic is pretty similar to that ****ed up staircase.

Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey is incredible, but make sure you go straight to it first thing in the morning on the day you visit Islands of Adventure. I don't know how it will be in January, but it had some brutal wait times in July. However, the queue is as much a part of the attraction as the ride is once you make it inside the castle.

The only exception would be if you plan to do Ollivander's. In that case, you need to run there as quickly as you can. They only take a handful of people inside at one time for a twenty minute show. We skipped it because we had no children with us.

Another thing that I was really glad to find out before going to Universal: they won't let you bring anything except fanny packs/hip bags on many of their rides. If you want to avoid a locker (which gets hectic around Harry Potter world especially), you want to carry a bag that straps around your waist. They'll let you ride with it.

I am going straight there as my kids love HP. I will probably end up spending a good part of the day there. And I have park to park access so I can go back and forth between the two parks.

As for the bag thing, yeah I heard about that already on another site. I am just going to bring the bare essentials that can fit in my bag and I will bring my shorts with large pockets and zippers if need be. I usually have a small bookbag when I go to Disney but I will just leave that in the hotel room.

And be careful with the lockers at Universal when you have to leave your stuff in there before a ride. My friend's stuff was stolen when we were there a few years ago. We got most of it back, but their camera (that had all of their pictures of their kids at Disney World) was gone and someone had spent $500 on one of their credit cards.

I don't bring bags with me there at all now. I kept my phone, camera, and wallet in my pockets so I didn't have to bother with a locker. So much easier.

I have been to Disney 3 other times and some other major parks and knock on wood I have never lost anything. I am only carrying what I need to avoid the lockers as they do sound like a headache to deal with.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"