Wizarding World of Harry Potter

was there in early September the ride is amazing, sadly only went on it once

You guys are lucky, you've gotten to go. I live like an hour away and haven't gone yet, but hope to next year. Hopefully the crowds will be a little less whenever I do go. lol

it wasn't that bad i only waited in line for around 45 minutes, and single riders were 5 minutes

I'd cry if they got rid of JP. :csad:

That said, I was at IoA yesterday and the Forbidden Journey broke down on us twice. The first time we were suspended in the air completely on our backs for a good ten minutes. It was pretty fun. The girls I was with were freaking out. Then the second time they let us ride again and it broke down again. This time we were leaning to the side, which was very uncomfortable. They let us ride a third time after that and it ran smoothly. Still, such a fun ride. :up:

That ride is glitchy as hell. Idk what keeps causing it to freeze up like that. I'm no engineer, but I'd love to know the problem.

it's the bloody water that does it, have no idea why they just didn't do a jeep

Well, I remember when the whole Disney deal went down that the contract stated Universal can do anything with characters already in use but not any other characters not used in the park somewhere. Or something to that effect.

But with Disney owning Marvel now I don't see Universal expanding the Marvel Island anytime soon. I would think they would focus on Potter and new additional rides at Universal.
That's all true, but they can expand Marvel because a lot of what they own isn't in the parks(yet.)

Their main focus is Potter though. I'll just say I hope no one cares too much for the Lost Continent.

That ride is glitchy as hell. Idk what keeps causing it to freeze up like that. I'm no engineer, but I'd love to know the problem.

From what I understand, and maybe Majik can expand on this better, the ride shuts down if a certain scene cannot be reset in time for the next robo-arm coming through the platform.

Their main focus is Potter though. I'll just say I hope no one cares too much for the Lost Continent

If they get rid of Poseidon's Fury and Mythos that will suck. I'm still in love with the theming in the Lost Continent, the detail is amazing! I really wish they wouldn't get rid of the little that is there. I mean, I believe there is still some land behind Lost Continent and to the right of HP island, so I'd hope they would just use that.

From what I understand, and maybe Majik can expand on this better, the ride shuts down if a certain scene cannot be reset in time for the next robo-arm coming through the platform.
Kind of, it's a maintenance thing, but I'm not sure why some times take longer than others.
If they get rid of Poseidon's Fury and Mythos that will suck. I'm still in love with the theming in the Lost Continent, the detail is amazing! I really wish they wouldn't get rid of the little that is there. I mean, I believe there is still some land behind Lost Continent and to the right of HP island, so I'd hope they would just use that.
That land is backlot for employees. As for Mythos, I'm not sure how that's gonna change if at all, but I'm not too sure what they're gonna do with Poseidon; I personally liked the show with the right tour guide and when all the effects are in use.(I miss the water vortex) But considering it's not used anymore, its a bit of an underwhelming attraction. I'd totally love it if they put a ride in it.

I forgot where, but there was mention of moving the backlot for employees to a new location...not sure if that can be done or not, but I remember someone had mentioned it over at Orlando United.

If they don't change Mythos that would be weird as it won't fit in with HP. So, I'm assuming in order to keep Mythos they have to keep Poseidon's Fury.

I forgot where, but there was mention of moving the backlot for employees to a new location...not sure if that can be done or not, but I remember someone had mentioned it over at Orlando United.

If they don't change Mythos that would be weird as it won't fit in with HP. So, I'm assuming in order to keep Mythos they have to keep Poseidon's Fury.

Not at all. Mythos and Poseidon are unrelated. One can go while the other stays.

That land is backlot for employees. As for Mythos, I'm not sure how that's gonna change if at all, but I'm not too sure what they're gonna do with Poseidon; I personally liked the show with the right tour guide and when all the effects are in use.(I miss the water vortex) But considering it's not used anymore, its a bit of an underwhelming attraction. I'd totally love it if they put a ride in it.

The water vortex was the best part. Thought I was on drugs.

surprised you're not discussing the universal death trap

rip ride and rocket. i was so pissed i didn't get to try it

Not at all. Mythos and Poseidon are unrelated. One can go while the other stays.

They are mostly unrelated, but the theming is somewhat related. Mythos wouldn't fit with HP if they took out Poseidon's Fury. Therefore, if they keep Mythos I'm assuming they would keep Poseidon's Fury. Everything else in Lost Continent I can see it going to Potter.

surprised you're not discussing the universal death trap

rip ride and rocket. i was so pissed i didn't get to try it

It was down when I was there last week. I keep hearing it's not very good, but it looked pretty cool.

They are mostly unrelated, but the theming is somewhat related. Mythos wouldn't fit with HP if they took out Poseidon's Fury. Therefore, if they keep Mythos I'm assuming they would keep Poseidon's Fury. Everything else in Lost Continent I can see it going to Potter.
They can probably just change the name of Mythos or they can redo the facade to be Harry Potter related.

The problem is that the food inside the Wizarding World of Harry Potter is authentic to the movies and English setting, and Mythos menu wouldn't match up. They would have to change every aspect of the restaurant which would suck.

And it would be the exact same thing as the Three Broomsticks (the food there was great, btw). They don't need two similar restaurants.

I actually took a picture of my butterbeer. :oldrazz:

Disney2010263.jpg

I got this one of the trio when they appear in the Defense Against the Dark Arts classroom...I can't believe that actually came out somewhat decently:

Disney2010227.jpg

How did they do that effect? Trade secret?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"