Could a Harry Potter prequel franchise work?

Tg11

Superhero
Reaction score
As far as the Harry Potter franchise being taken in a new direction could the franchise work in a prequel setting? Like think the Star Wars series when they prequelled it into Phantom Menace, Attack of the Clones and Revenge of the Sith could the same be done for the Harry Potter series?

By that I mean basing the franchise in a prequel setting around the members of the Original Order of the Phoenix like James, Lily, Sirius, Remus, etc. basically setting it all up from Hogwarts during the early 60s going into the 1970s and so on

Basically the franchise premise would be set during the First Wizarding War in the late 60s going into the latter 70s since in the Harry Potter books that is when the First Wizarding War happened in or around that time period

Especially since Harry and company were all born in the 1980s and the Harry Potter franchise all 7 films take place in the 1990s

Yes its' called Fantastic Beasts and Where To Find Them.

But that franchise is not even based in the 60s and 70s it is based in the 1920s going all the way up to 1945...my idea was more or less basing it around the time of Lily, James, Sirius, Pettigrew, Bellatrix, Snape, etc.

You mistook this place for Tumblr.

No please. I'm fine with original offshoot movies like Fantastic Beasts but leave the Potters alone.

Wow, so much negativity! I enjoy Fantastic Beasts, but that's obviously not what this guy was asking about...I think you could definetly make good films set in the 60s and 70s and I'd love to see it happen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"