Comics Wolverine #50 Spoilers!

That's my take on things. Even now nothing can be trusted. How can Logan REALLY know Sabes isn't in some way related to him? Heck he could even be a great grandson.

I'd be more inclined to believe the Origins take on the whole thing.What if "mommy dearest" had a fling with the gardener and he & Dog (could be Sabes) are like half brothers. Or cousins, blah blah blah... There have been too many what ifs, alternate realities, flash backs, nightmares and fake memories, for even the dang writers to really know what's up anymore.O man, I think I'm gonna hurl thinking about it...

Maybe Dog Fathered a son and that Son is Sabes, making Wolverine Sabertooth's uncle....Or Dog's son had a son making it Great uncle.....Or maybe Logan (Wolvie's Dad) had a brother who had a son....or maybe the Brother was Sabertooth.....Maybe Wolvie's Mom had a brother....

It could still be anyones

Maybe Dog Fathered a son and that Son is Sabes, making Wolverine Sabertooth's uncle....Or Dog's son had a son making it Great uncle.....Or maybe Logan (Wolvie's Dad) had a brother who had a son....or maybe the Brother was Sabertooth.....Maybe Wolvie's Mom had a brother....

It could still be anyones
That's what I was suggesting. Their mutations are so similar, they could be related, just not father and son or what have you. And neither one would realize it.

you know honestly, I don't think they are "related" by any means except the teasers that Marvel has put out there.
"The Native" was as close as it gets, and a female of Wolverine's genetic likeness at that.
Sabertooth, like other ferral types are similar, but not linked specifically.

It sounded to me like Sabertooth was implying that he is actually a future version of Wolverine.

No one else get that? :huh:

It sounded to me like Sabertooth was implying that he is actually a future version of Wolverine.

No one else get that? :huh:

I think Sabretooth was saying that Wolverine will eventually give into his killer instinct and become like him.

Sabertooth couldnt be god, because Dog had a scar...Sabertooth would still have that, as his healing factor obviously hadnt kicked in at the point when he was scarred

As Sqeekness said, his mutant gene could have kicked in later. Also, before Wolverine's healing ability was boosted to stupid levels, he would have scars for a while before it would heal over completley. We still don't know how fast the cut scarred over for Dog. If he was Sabes, maybe his healing factor just started out slow, until it got to the point that it could repair damaged tissue fully.

I think Sabretooth was saying that Wolverine will eventually give into his killer instinct and become like him.

I totally get that. Sabes is about crazy insane, especially when it comes to doing some serious kick butt & killing - whether it be for a mission or just for the thrill of it. I am guessing he expects Logan to loose it totally one day and stop "fighting" the buzzerker rages he has. That would (in my opinion) make him "like" Sabertooth, a beast. But what Sabes doesn't quite understand is that Logan has a more "technical" calculating side to him, vs the blood lust beast personality Sabes has. There is no thrill in the kill for him usually. Maybe Sabertooth doesn't really "hate" Logan/Wolverine afterall. Maybe he is just lonely and wants a killing/hunting buddy again. Afteral, Logan is the only one that can go pretty much toe to toe (or claw to claw) with him. They used to be partners at one point before Weapon X and if you can believe any of those infamous memories they have.

I'm pretty sure they aren't related. Like they said, Sabretooth is just a reflection of the aspects of Logan's self which he is afraid to let resurface. Because he can't allow himself to be so "savage", he obviously has trouble watching soemone else cut loose. If he just let Sabes do what he does...he wouldn't be Wolverine.

We really can't say anything about Sabretooth until his true past is revealed. What ever happened with Birdie any way? Wasn't she supposed to have taken care of that?

I totally get that. Sabes is about crazy insane, especially when it comes to doing some serious kick butt & killing - whether it be for a mission or just for the thrill of it. I am guessing he expects Logan to loose it totally one day and stop "fighting" the buzzerker rages he has. That would (in my opinion) make him "like" Sabertooth, a beast. But what Sabes doesn't quite understand is that Logan has a more "technical" calculating side to him, vs the blood lust beast personality Sabes has. There is no thrill in the kill for him usually. Maybe Sabertooth doesn't really "hate" Logan/Wolverine afterall. Maybe he is just lonely and wants a killing/hunting buddy again. Afteral, Logan is the only one that can go pretty much toe to toe (or claw to claw) with him. They used to be partners at one point before Weapon X and if you can believe any of those infamous memories they have.

Yea, they used to be partners untill Creed got jealous of Logan for various reasons, so he actually does hate him. There is some type of connection between them and its not that Creed is a clone or that they are related. I really have no idea what that connection could be. Loeb seems to know exactly the story he wants to tell. I hope he got the "ok" from former Wolverine writers about his ideas though.

Wolverine/Sabretooth lore is considered "sacred ground" by most Logan-fans. No doubt Joe Q will be doing alot of nail biting for the next few months.

I am just confused over the whole bending of facts. It had already been established in the previous Wolverine #50 arc that the cabin and Silver Fox and the birthday cake had all been implanted memeories. Now they are saying they aren't?

Actually, that got retconned soon after... I can't remember exactly where, but later evidence was shown that Logan and Silver Fox's cabin did actually exist. As well as engravings on a tree to show that they were there... No one saw, just us as the audience.

To be honest I'm glad issue 50 got retconned somewhat. I really dug parts of that run of Wolverine, but I honestly think that issue Vol. 1 issue 50 really did have it's problems. All of the characters from the classic Weapon X have been entirely misused in all other books, and the doctor in this one is an example.

As well as Shiva just being a 90's tacky gimmick as well....

The cabin deal and the Logan & Silverfox carved in a tree scene were actually in the 80/90's cartoon comic episode "Weapon X, Lies and Video Tape".
And that still doesn't prove to me that it was "real". Only that someone did carve it in that tree or cabin door , as a prop, like in the training area mock ups.
There is a Wolverine novel out that I read last summer. Codename: Wolverine or something about an old WWII mission that went sour. Sabes, SilverFox, Logan, Wrath, and Maverick were all partners - Pre Weopon X, as I remember. Mystique is in the book and Banshee. If anyone has seen or read it... in the book Logan goes thru the mission in his mind, flash backs etc and recalls a lot of stuff. The "relationship" with Silver Fox etc. Lots of good background info. Worth a read, if you haven't.

Wow, I read that book and still have it, but that was AGES ago. I couldn't tell you what was in it, so I am going to assume your synopsis of it is correct. I'll have to dig it out sometime and read it again. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"