Wolverine And The X-Men Animated Series

deep_thinkin said:
aparently a lot. Remember the scene in x3 when he's going up to phoenix. She begins to just tear him apart and you get to see part of his RIBS. I think that's a very vulnerable spot. Isn't that where you heart and lungs are????? If he could heal from that.... you've REALLY got to tear him apart before he's completely nothing but bones. It was the Phoenix force. She tore apart normal people in a snap.... ooh, scary *cringes*

I guess what you're saying is that his healing factor works at the "speed of plot". In X1 it takes him a good minute to recover from the injuries he got in that truck accident, and in X2 he was out cold for a while when shot in the head, but in X3 he was able to regrow his body parts as fast as Jean was able to rip them off.

What about tossing him into a vat of acid? Or drowning? He needs to breathe, doesn't he?

ntcrawler said:
I guess what you're saying is that his healing factor works at the "speed of plot". In X1 it takes him a good minute to recover from the injuries he got in that truck accident, and in X2 he was out cold for a while when shot in the head, but in X3 he was able to regrow his body parts as fast as Jean was able to rip them off.

What about tossing him into a vat of acid? Or drowning? He needs to breathe, doesn't he?

I say the only way to kill him is to throw him in a volcano.:)

Majik1387 said:
I say the only way to kill him is to throw him in a volcano.:)

Cracks of Doom on Mordor? :D

But seriously, has anyone ever tried drowning or suffocating him? Tossing him into a tank of water or sucking all the oxygen out of a room?

Yeah, I thought that was strange too. He healed at different speeds just so it could appeal to the plot.

I believe a volcano would work, lol

I have a question. If his bones are hot enough, like sun temperature... would they melt? I'm writing a fanfic and I'm wondering if my sun making mutant could melt his bones. lol

deep_thinkin said:
I have a question. If his bones are hot enough, like sun temperature... would they melt? I'm writing a fanfic and I'm wondering if my sun making mutant could melt his bones. lol

Do normal bones melt?:confused:

deep_thinkin said:
Yeah, I thought that was strange too. He healed at different speeds just so it could appeal to the plot.

I believe a volcano would work, lol

that's another plot point. I think only someone with powers at Phoenix's level could completely physically destroy him. Maybe heat, but at a temperature that's not practical to achieve (ie nuclear weapons, etc). Be more specific about the sun. It goes from about 5000 degrees F at the surface to over 3 million degrees F at the core :D

I wonder too though, can adamantium cut adamantium? I want to set up a fight between Wolverine and Gambit. I know Gambit's staff is supposed to be adamantium. If Wolverine tried to slash it with his claws, would he succeed or would the staff be able to parry that?

Majik1387 said:

Lord of the Rings reference. Cracks of Doom is a volcano at which Sauron's master Ring was forged. Like adamantium, it could not be destroyed by man or Elf or any other physical way. Only way to destroy it was to toss it back into the fires from which it was created. Sounds like the One Ring was made from adamantium :D

Some say that, when in the presence of Phoenix, Wolverine's powers were magnified - but that, to me, makes no sense. I think she would be able to demolecularize him fairly easily. I think that is one way to kill him; turning him into dust. Suffocation/Drowning would work, if the air supply was cut off long enough.

If going by the movies, Adamantium can't cut through adamantium - remember the Deathstryke/Wolverine fight? Yeah...

The Original Bamfer said:
Some say that, when in the presence of Phoenix, Wolverine's powers were magnified - but that, to me, makes no sense.

His powers get magnified when the scene is more dramatic.

If going by the movies, Adamantium can't cut through adamantium - remember the Deathstryke/Wolverine fight? Yeah...

Ah, OK. Thanks for the tip!

ntcrawler said:
that's another plot point. I think only someone with powers at Phoenix's level could completely physically destroy him. Maybe heat, but at a temperature that's not practical to achieve (ie nuclear weapons, etc). Be more specific about the sun. It goes from about 5000 degrees F at the surface to over 3 million degrees F at the core :D

I wonder too though, can adamantium cut adamantium? I want to set up a fight between Wolverine and Gambit. I know Gambit's staff is supposed to be adamantium. If Wolverine tried to slash it with his claws, would he succeed or would the staff be able to parry that?

Thats interesting. I was just wondering because my character Nova has the abilitie to create particles of the sun, and not to mention surive the amount of heat. Cause I recall in X2 Stryker said you got to keep it hot. I just wonder if it got hot enough adamantium could reverse back to it's liquid state. And yes, eventually over time my character Nova is just about as powerful as the Phoenix... I was just curious if they could melt.

ntcrawler said:
I wouldn't mind a Wolverine spinoff if the first 2 + 1 films were a story that centered around the team and the purpose of the spinoff was to focus more on individual chars, like Wolverine. But since the first 2 + 1 films are pretty much all revolving around Wolverine, then how much more exposure does that character really need? At what point is enough enough?
I would say the same to you...dear god, do you never get tired of posting the same thing over and over again? Like on every thread around? :rolleyes:
You hate Wolverine, gee, we got it. What I really don´t get is why people would spend so much time hating a fictional character on the net. I understand people praising stuff they love, but this hate thing is really beyond me... :down

deep_thinkin said:
Thats interesting. I was just wondering because my character Nova has the abilitie to create particles of the sun, and not to mention surive the amount of heat. Cause I recall in X2 Stryker said you got to keep it hot. I just wonder if it got hot enough adamantium could reverse back to it's liquid state. And yes, eventually over time my character Nova is just about as powerful as the Phoenix... I was just curious if they could melt.
Nothing can do that. After it cools off the first time it's completely indestructible.

deep_thinkin said:

He said you got to keep it hot cause when it cools it becomes indestructible. Hence, you probably can melt it once again. And the heat comment was in reference to Adamantium ore and its refinement.

Loganbabe said:
I would say the same to you...dear god, do you never get tired of posting the same thing over and over again?

Nope

Like on every thread around? :rolleyes:
nah, I keep things on topic. If it's a thread about Colossus I won't be in there talking about Wolverine :D

You hate Wolverine, gee, we got it.
Apparently you don't get it. I actually like Wolverine. He used to be one of my favorite chars. What I hate is the overexposure and overinflation of his importance in the scheme of things, as well as exaggeration of his powers and abilities that lets him get through things that should have destroyed him, all done for the sake of plot.

What I really don´t get is why people would spend so much time hating a fictional character on the net. I understand people praising stuff they love, but this hate thing is really beyond me...
:down

Too much of something, even a good thing can make people sick.

ntcrawler said:
His powers get magnified when the scene is more dramatic.

Ah, OK. Thanks for the tip!

ROTFLMAO!! i know how to kill him.......................Leech + Incredible hulk + Wolverine = Funniest comic book moment possible.

ntcrawler said:
Apparently you don't get it. I actually like Wolverine. He used to be one of my favorite chars.
Yeah, I can see that! :confused:

What I hate is the overexposure and overinflation of his importance in the scheme of things, as well as exaggeration of his powers and abilities that lets him get through things that should have destroyed him, all done for the sake of plot.
Then your problem is with the writers and Marvel, not with the character. If you really like Wolverine, like you said, you would recognize it. But I never read you saying anything good about the character. Sorry, but it´s difficult to understand this as "liking". When you like something, of course you can (and should) be critical about it, but not destructive. If the only thing you are able to perceive about Wolverine is his "overexposure", you´ll never see the good things the character has to offer.

Too much of something, even a good thing can make people sick.
I have to guess that you´re not forced to read/see something about Wolverine everyday, so how is his "overexposure" affecting you? Even fans like me don´t follow everything Marvel publishes that has Wolverine as a guest. I read his solo titles and that´s it. I don´t have to watch the movies everyday, or talk about him all the time...actually, it seems that talking about him all the time is a job for the haters...:o

so is a Logan serie or Logan and the x-men?

^^I assume the X-Men will feature since the working title is Wolverine and The X-Men but its supposed to be 'centered on Wolverine'.Which is what irks a lot of people here.

Heres a blurb from the producer....

SUNDAY, MAY 7, 2006

WOLVERINE AND THE X-MEN ANIMATED UPDATE

Jason Netter, producer of the upcoming animated series featuring Wolverine and the X-Men, gave The Continuum an update on the show.

"We're still working on the first batch of scripts," Netter told The Continuum.

Greg Johnson, who worked on the X-Men: Evolution animated series and wrote all four of Marvel's direct-to-DVD animated films, is working on the series.

Netter said the show wil lbe staffing in the next six weeks or so. "Voice recording won't start for at last 12-15 weeks," he said.
Source: http://www.comicscontinuum.com/stories/0605/07/index.htm

yeah, I remeber some old articles, which always named it Wolverine and the x-men, but the issue is that lately, is only named Wolverine, and that makes us think...

I think the new animated series is part of the marketing build-up for the solo movie, to ensure household familiarity with the character.

The main thing I dont like is the title. It should just be called Wolverine if the X-Men only make cameos. I guess the idea to make the cartoon like Spider Man And His Amazing Friends.

The other thing is that its probobly going to be rated Y7 which means Wolverine isnt allowed to cut or kill anyone, and he cant be injured too much so his healing factor has to be watered down. So how does he win a fight against someone like Omega Red?

This was one of the main reasons Wolverine lost so many fights in the 90's Animated Series. He was only allowed to cut Sentinels and Nimrod and his Healing Powers were almost non existant.

ntcrawler said:
Wolverine has an uncanny ability to survive attacks from enemies much more powerful than him, especially those who wield ranged weapons like heat-seeking missiles and death rays. That's why it was neat to have Magneto figure him out and turn his advantage against himself. Yes, having an adamantium skeleton is cool, but it's also a great way to turn him into a marinette controlled by Magneto. Too bad he didn't fully exploit his advantage, spend a couple hours slammngi Wolverine around back and forth, drag him along gravel roads, etc until all that was left was the skeleton. BTW, just what is Wolverine's limit to healing? How much can you cut away before it won't grow back?

Wolverine can be killed if his brain tissue is destroyed or his head is seperated from his body. drowning or suffication would kill him becouse it effects his brain. I would think he would need to be kept underwater indeffinetley or he could come back to life like he did in Wolverine vol 1 #163.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"