Wolverine And The X-Men Animated Series

YJ1 said:
So, you honestly expect them to make a series solely for you? You do understand that there are other people on the planet right? Maybe if you call Marvel and explain to them that you'll pay $100,000 for the first copy of the DVD they produce they'll demote Wolverine for you.

I honestly liked Beast and Cyclops more as a kid myself but I understand why they are using Wolverine like they do. Marketing aside, I'm quite confident that the other X-Men will get to shine in this series.

How will the other X-Men get to shine? It'll just be more of the same with Wolverine saving the day and with him being the "leader".

I know Wolverine is their cash cow and is one of the more recognizable X-Men in general. But in all honesty, it's getting boring and very old.

Just think how it would've been if it was "Batman and the Justice League" or "Superman and his Superfriends".

Both of those concepts were about a team of super-heros saving the world. Since when did Wolverine become bigger than the X-Men?

oneteen said:
Oh hell...

oh **** is more like it

COME ON! As much as a wolverine fan I am, he already gets a blasted movie!!!! oh $h*t

but you know, this'll be happening in a about a years time.

They might change it!

QUICK! Someone get a petition!

deep_thinkin said:
oh **** is more like it

COME ON! As much as a wolverine fan I am, he already gets a blasted movie!!!! oh $h*t

but you know, this'll be happening in a about a years time.

They might change it!

QUICK! Someone get a petition!
I'd make a petition, but I'm not a very good writter. I think we have to let Marvel know that we DON'T want more Wolverine because that's what they seem to think we want.

the gerneral public wants it, but not the fans.

Everyone of my friends are like "sounds awesome!" because the movies MADE them Wolverine fans.

Even though I myself am a Wolverine fan, I don't want to be drowned in him!

My friends aren't fans and they like him, but they also like the rest of the gang. For example, when we play X-Men Legends, everyone has a favorite character like Cyke, Gambit, Nightcrawler or Beast.

I never understand what's so interesting about Wolverine anyway?
His complex history and mysterious background? Well that's because he's got captured and brainwashed all the time.
And if Marvel keeps trying to focus on his own past rather than all of the X-Men's future they'll pretty much run out of stories about Logan any time soon. You can't keep running a circle telling people Wolverine's got captured, manipulated, escaped, running off and unfortunately run into one of those who had something to do with his lost memory again.
Probably in the end all governments in the world will have something to do with Wolverine's past.
I admit Wolverine is a special character, but so are other X-Men, he can't replace any of them, let alone being their *leader*, that's Cyclops' job. If Marvel really wants to maintain their precious Wolverine's popularity, they really needs to let him be just Wolverine, not somebody else, not everybody else.
What I like about X-Men it's for them being a TEAM, every one of them has their own unique place on the team.... if I want to see a solo superhero showing off there already are other choices like Spiderman, Superman out there.

LastSunrise1981 said:
Because there's more to the X-Men than just WOLVERINE. What part of that don't you understand?

There's Beast, Cyclops, Colossus, Nightcrawler, Rogue, Iceman, Kitty, Jean, Storm, Angel, and others who are more interesting/complex than Wolverine. There's no denying that Wolverine is a unique/cool character, but seriously, he's become an overexposed character and people are simply getting bored of him.

Bravo, I couldn't have said it better my friend!

There seems to be a dual problem with Wolverine, both on and off screen. Off screen they consider him to be THE X-Men and representative of everything this franchise has to offer. THe fact that all the teaser posters always include his claws like it's some kind of graphic cliche, and the fact that he's always front and center make it sound like its always about him. We got 3 Wolverine films and now there's going to be a Wolverine spinoff. Hell, it makes you wonder when they take the Phoenix Saga, which is supposed to be about Jean and Scott, and turn it into a story that spins around Wolverine.
On-screen, it's the same problem. The guy overinflates his sense of importance and the magnitude of his powers. Granted, in X-1 it was neat to see the team realize that even though he was the only one left that wasn't captured, he was actually winning! But it gets boring really fast. Let's face it folks, his claws are overrated. Every time he extends them it's like he's suddenly become Superman and can use them to defeat giant monsters that shoot lasers and missiles at him. He acts like he could singlehandedly defeat Storm and Phoenix combined, because he has claws. Same deal with his healing factor. His healing takes time, but seems to magically speed up and go at what's known as the "speed of plot". In X-1 it took a good 30-60 seconds to recover from his injuries and cuts that he got in the truck accident. But in X3 he seems to regrow entire organs as fast as Jean/Phoenix is able to disintegrate them.
Then he becomes a father figure and team leader. This is too much.
He's not as tough as we're made him to be, he's not as invincible as we're made to believe, and he doesn't contribute as much to the team and plot as we're made him to believe. In short, he's not that important. He deserves a good beating to realize his place in the scheme of things. Magneto should have tossed him around and slammed him into a few more trees to remind him of just how vulnerable he really is. He should accept this and just drive off on another extended road trip to sulk and try and get drunk and let the rest of the team have the spotlight too.

UraniaChang said:
What I like about X-Men it's for them being a TEAM, every one of them has their own unique place on the team.... if I want to see a solo superhero showing off there already are other choices like Spiderman, Superman out there.

Absolutely. Wolverine, like the name implies, is a solitary animal. Vicous creature, a loner. Do not confuse it with "WOLFerine". He does not travel in packs. His acceptance of the new family is done grudgingly and stubbornly. He may give advise and take a person under his protection (Marie), but he's definitely not a father figure or a leader. In fact, his style of fighing seems to be to charge head first into the enemy, and push everyone else out of the way in case someone else tries to fight the opponent he has his claws set for. And he either succeeds or needs the rest of the team to pull him out of a bad situation. That's not leadership. His antics in the danger room of X3 are typical of his style.
If you're gonna do a spinoff, that's fine. But understand the difference between X-men movies and a Wolverine spinoff. Because these 3 movies seem to be all about Wolverine. Now we probably won't get a chance to see what happens to the rest of the cast. It's not like they don't have interesting stories of their own. I'm sure Storm would gladly tell of a few. And then there's Scott rise from a broken boy into a confident man, helped in no small part by Jean's compassion and friendship, as well as Xavier's mentoring. That would make for an interesting story too. And what about Hank coming to grips with his mutation? Don't they deserve stories too?

But that's ok, because none of them compare to Wolverine. After all, none of the other characters have claws.

Cmm21 said:
I found this on the very unreliable IMDB.com, so who knows if its real or not:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0772145/

WTF!?...SOB?!......why not just scrap the whole thing and start a new line of animated full length features?

Wolverine and the Ultimate Avengers

Wolverine and the Fantastic Four

Wolverine and Spiderman

Wolverine and Malcolm in the Middle

Wolverine's Family Guy

Wolverama

Wolverine: Texas Ranger

Wolverican Idol!

^Lol. I still am dreading the title. Maybe I'll watch one episode to see how much of the X-men they really show. I still think it will centralize on Wolverine and his past or w/e to get people to watch Wolverine:The Movie.

I think this cartoon will be like that Star Wars cartoon that tied Episode 2 and Episode 3 together so that people will want to see Ep3 even more except for the Wolverine movie.

I really don't care a whit about this cartoon. It'll have no purpose other than to sell toys and I don't feel like waking up on Saturday mornings to catch it anyway.

*Sigh* more Wolvie. I dont mind him, but he's being overexposed.

Funny how i was checking out alot of the X-men action figure websites (like http://www.marveltoys.net/ or toybiz.com or whatever) and they all have like a wolverine figure for every bloody set. Totally overexposed, like hes everywhere. Sometimes not just 1 but like 3 variant figures in one like set/series (sorry i dont know my toy terms). I think I even read on there for one of the sets of figures the makers considered excluding a Jean grey action figure in favor of yet another wolverine toy. ugh And I take that personally cause like when I was little and had x-men action figures it was always so hard to find a Jean grey figure, one that didn't have a really ugly face or was just bad looking.

borinquenknight said:
Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo! Chuck Norris D@MN this tome !!!!!

Doesn't he enjoy munching on raw bear?

Maybe one day they will put a statue of him in front of New York city hall or even one day replace The Statue of Liberty?

they way things are looking SHH should just make a whole forum for Wolverine!
*sighs* I of all people love wolverine.... but yet I love x-men too! Why don't they understand we want x-MEN as in more than one. I don't mind a spin off, but I think that was enough. They don't have to go all solo for him.

Although, since I am a fan of Wolverine, I will be looking forward to the series....

don't kill me

deep_thinkin said:
they way things are looking SHH should just make a whole forum for Wolverine!
*sighs* I of all people love wolverine.... but yet I love x-men too! Why don't they understand we want x-MEN as in more than one. I don't mind a spin off, but I think that was enough. They don't have to go all solo for him.

I wouldn't mind a Wolverine spinoff if the first 2 + 1 films were a story that centered around the team and the purpose of the spinoff was to focus more on individual chars, like Wolverine. But since the first 2 + 1 films are pretty much all revolving around Wolverine, then how much more exposure does that character really need? At what point is enough enough? At what point is it OK to tell everyone else's stories? Doesn't Storm have a background too worth looking into? What about Scott's early years? Watching him get a 2nd chance at a new life, from a homeless street tramp into a man and a leader?

Agh... Wolverine has just become too much. The X-men are so deserving of a good story-telling without Wolverine being the main focus. All the characters are great, the relationships are great, the powers... Why not explore them in the show? I got sick of adamantium claws and a healing factor after a while... argh.

The Original Bamfer said:
Agh... Wolverine has just become too much. The X-men are so deserving of a good story-telling without Wolverine being the main focus. All the characters are great, the relationships are great, the powers... Why not explore them in the show? I got sick of adamantium claws and a healing factor after a while... argh.

Wolverine has an uncanny ability to survive attacks from enemies much more powerful than him, especially those who wield ranged weapons like heat-seeking missiles and death rays. That's why it was neat to have Magneto figure him out and turn his advantage against himself. Yes, having an adamantium skeleton is cool, but it's also a great way to turn him into a marinette controlled by Magneto. Too bad he didn't fully exploit his advantage, spend a couple hours slammngi Wolverine around back and forth, drag him along gravel roads, etc until all that was left was the skeleton. BTW, just what is Wolverine's limit to healing? How much can you cut away before it won't grow back?

ntcrawler said:
Wolverine has an uncanny ability to survive attacks from enemies much more powerful than him, especially those who wield ranged weapons like heat-seeking missiles and death rays. That's why it was neat to have Magneto figure him out and turn his advantage against himself. Yes, having an adamantium skeleton is cool, but it's also a great way to turn him into a marinette controlled by Magneto. Too bad he didn't fully exploit his advantage, spend a couple hours slammngi Wolverine around back and forth, drag him along gravel roads, etc until all that was left was the skeleton. BTW, just what is Wolverine's limit to healing? How much can you cut away before it won't grow back?

aparently a lot. Remember the scene in x3 when he's going up to phoenix. She begins to just tear him apart and you get to see part of his RIBS. I think that's a very vulnerable spot. Isn't that where you heart and lungs are????? If he could heal from that.... you've REALLY got to tear him apart before he's completely nothing but bones. It was the Phoenix force. She tore apart normal people in a snap.... ooh, scary *cringes*

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"