Wolverine and the X-men:Episode 26:"Foresight (part 3)"

I really hope maybe one of the mini plots of Season two is "putting Emma back together."

Sorta like what happened in the comics, Beast is busy trying to piece her together. Be a fun and intregueing side plot to each episode, to see the progression and such.

And an awesome way to spotlight Beast.

Well, the X-men didn't seem too interested in picking up Emma's pieces up at the end.

If someone does it I think it will be someone else other than the X-men.

Probably, but Cyclops did look over his shoulder in the direction of which Emma had blown up with a look on his face that suggested "Gee, Emma didn't deserve to get blown up, even if she was semi-evil. Oh snap, Jean's hugging me, I hope she didn't read that thought."

Well yeah. I think Cyclops was somewhat regretful because Emma did sacrifice herself to save them in the end. Also in the end, it validated Scott's instincts to trust her.

Well yeah. I think Cyclops was somewhat regretful because Emma did sacrifice herself to save them in the end. Also in the end, it validated Scott's instincts to trust her.
Maybe he'll be all guilt ridden in season 2 and push to have Emma put back together - even if he ends up getting grief for it. Who knows.

I didn't think the X-Men showed much remorse for losing Frost in the end, but then again these are the same X-Men who did nothing but complain when Cyclops was morbidly depressed ("Who cares if the love of his life is gone!? He should be the first one in the Blackbird, damn it!") or treated Archangel no different than any other villain after one episode. I've sometimes considered this incarnation of X-Men the least compassionate version, albeit they're more sensitive than the movie X-Men, at least circa X-MEN 3.

I will concede that on a second viewing, Cyclops looking over his shoulder at Frost's sacrifice is more noticable than when I first viewed it months ago. Maybe I was originally expecting something more protracted, but the finale had enough to do. Still, Season 2 will not be the easiest thing to write. It will be hard writing Scott having any feelings for Frost without making him seem like a total a-hole to Jean and the X-Men for putting everyone through so much turmoil over Jean, and now he doesn't care.

On the other hand, if the writers successfully transition from one romance to another and forgo the "destined love" analogy that persists in many cartoons, that will be something extraordinary. It's a swing or miss kind of situation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kimcity
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"