News for the WOLVERINE movie

I think both Sunrise and Horney are right in their argument. Wolverine is liked by young fans for the character in the movie. Wolverine is liked by older fans from the comic book character. They are two different worlds but I think they'll reach a good medium with the character in this movie.

I like all of your points Sunrise but why the hell would you like to have seen Singer's Wolverine, it is the same as the one in all three movies. IN the movies he's less of an anti-hero than he should be. He needs to be more of a loner, Singer would have made Wolverine into the Han Solo character he was evolving him into. He's a loveble scoundrel in the movies but he's not the loner, stay off my back Logan from the comics. That's what I want but we'll get the scoundrel Logan with an animal anger when he's mad.

WeaponXProject said:
I think both Sunrise and Horney are right in their argument. Wolverine is liked by young fans for the character in the movie. Wolverine is liked by older fans from the comic book character. They are two different worlds but I think they'll reach a good medium with the character in this movie.

I like all of your points Sunrise but why the hell would you like to have seen Singer's Wolverine, it is the same as the one in all three movies. IN the movies he's less of an anti-hero than he should be. He needs to be more of a loner, Singer would have made Wolverine into the Han Solo character he was evolving him into. He's a loveble scoundrel in the movies but he's not the loner, stay off my back Logan from the comics. That's what I want but we'll get the scoundrel Logan with an animal anger when he's mad.

The reason being is that in X1/X2 Singer virtually nailed the character. In X1 it shows Logan being more of a wanderer and being a badass fighting losers in cage matches.

I think visually and character wise Singer got the character down. In the comics he's a tormented complex individual who is sure of his abilities and yet always feels he's missing something. What I mean by Singer is that Singer showed a really good visual style for the Logan film.

Something about the colors, the darkness, and the gritty atmosphere made me remember the times I was reading a Logan comic and I felt watching the flashbacks that I literally was in the comics, you know?

In X1, he had more of a bad ass attitude and was a loner. In X2 he was still a loner as he went to find out about his past on his own, confronted Stryker on his own, fought Lady Deathstrike, and so on and so forth. So he definitely exhibited more of his comic book traits in X1 and X2 than he did in X3.

I also like to add that my favorite part of the flashback sequence is after he's slaughtered the scientists, there's this brilliant shot of him covered in blood and his claws covered with blood and he's screaming in torment/violent rage.

The way Singer shot that close-up along with the right amount of darkness and grittiness, I truly felt that I was in the Logan comic books then.

I would have loved to have seen a Bryan Singer Wolverine film as well--for all of the reasons you mentioned in that post above.

Found this in a UK interview ("The Prestige" opened there this week)...sounds like they may be filming the movie in Australia, possibly?

http://www.indielondon.co.uk/Film-Review/the-prestige-hugh-jackman-interview

Q. Do you live in Australia or America at the moment?

A. Well, really between the two. Last year, I was probably in Australia for about five or six months. I was in LA at the beginning of this year, I’m now in New York and I’ll be home in Australia – and there’s a good clue – probably all of next year.

danoyse said:
Found this in a UK interview ("The Prestige" opened there this week)...sounds like they may be filming the movie in Australia, possibly?

http://www.indielondon.co.uk/Film-Review/the-prestige-hugh-jackman-interview

I thought that too, but in this article:

http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2003080002-2006520044,00.html

I think the "good clue" is saying Australia is home:

I’m now in New York and I’ll be home in Australia for all of next year. That’s a good clue. I said ‘home’.

But still, if he's going to be in Australia all of next year, and "Wolverine" films after the Luhrmann movie, unless the Luhrmann movie takes up all of 2007, it sounds like "Wolverine" will be filmed in Australia.

I agree Sunrise that Singer wasn't bad and that visually and the way Hugh acted was spectacular....but Wolverine seemed to be too well spoken, not enough of a shadows hiding character and a little too social for me. Though the scene of Wolverine talking to Bobby before the mansion was invaded was cool (and my favorite besides the cage fight in X1) it was unlike Wolverine. He strikes up conversation with Bobby and has Bobby ice down his Dr. Pepper. That's not him.

Look, I'll give Singer a chance but if there are other names of more talented directors brought to topic then I'll take them. Atleast, we can agree that neither of us want Ratner, right?

WeaponXProject said:
I agree Sunrise that Singer wasn't bad and that visually and the way Hugh acted was spectacular....but Wolverine seemed to be too well spoken, not enough of a shadows hiding character and a little too social for me. Though the scene of Wolverine talking to Bobby before the mansion was invaded was cool (and my favorite besides the cage fight in X1) it was unlike Wolverine. He strikes up conversation with Bobby and has Bobby ice down his Dr. Pepper. That's not him.

Look, I'll give Singer a chance but if there are other names of more talented directors brought to topic then I'll take them. Atleast, we can agree that neither of us want Ratner, right?

Truthfully I don't want a Wolverine film, as I feel there's no way it can be done faithfully without an R rating. His story in my opinion should be an automatic R rating and should be very violent, gritty, suspenseful, and intelligent.

But I definitely don't want Ratner anywhere near another superhero movie ever again, so yes I do agree with you on that.

I think it has a legitimate chance to be R especially with Fox not controlling the movie that much anymore. If ratings was an issue then they wouldn't have opened up a studio in the first place. Another good reason why the movie could be R is the fact that its competition will be other superhero movies, like Sups 2, and if they don't compete with the release dates they could push for viewers who want a dark, gritty, violent movie. I think the fact that Marvel opened there studios gives them greater creative control and gives us a greater chance of it being R. Well, atleast you and I want an R.

i find it hilarious that jackman says that after playing the role for 3 movies, he feels that he knows the character pretty well and by the end of Wolverine spin off, we would know him too.. i think x-men 1 -2 -3 did that.. how much more do we need to know ?! hha

cyke93 said:
i find it hilarious that jackman says that after playing the role for 3 movies, he feels that he knows the character pretty well and by the end of Wolverine spin off, we would know him too.. i think x-men 1 -2 -3 did that.. how much more do we need to know ?! hha
And I think that in and of itself is a hit against the character. Wolverine is great because he is mysterious and foreign to us. Because he is not one of those characters whose origin is frequently flashbacked in the pages of X-Men. He was given that great "shadowed" past that we find in Dr Doom, Galactus, and even Batman. However unlike those characters, what made Wolverine great was both he (and at a time the audience) was never fully unaware of who or what he was. That's why, in my opinion, the Weapon X Saga of MCP was the best origin I have ever read. It truly captured the essence of the character, even Origin was good despite my hatred of bone claws.

I think this idea that he must be the focus of X-Men simply detracts from the character. He certainly should have his shining moments like all the others, but to make him into "God Logan" and pushing him to the forefront takes away from the fact that even though a powerful mutant he has very human faults. One of which [was] is that he has no sense of self. He is trying to find his place, and he never will because he has lost touch with who he was.

But do we really need a Wolverine spin-off? I've already seen the Wolverine trilogy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"