The Wolverine Wolverine's Mask

It's just that wolerine's look/persona (at least as developed in the films) is so the opposite of someone who'd put on a costume.

He's got a very rough and tumble i don't give a **** aesthetic going on for him. Something that preludes him to wear wife beaters and and leather vests...not so much the facemask/flamboyant outfit. Even in the comics wolverines persona has never matched his outfit.

I think that's more about what you're reading into the character than anything the costume is saying about him. I don't think it's about being flamboyant as a character. It's a product of the world he inhabits and it's iconic. It is part of him.

It really makes no sense when you think about it. No other X-Man wears a mask, except for the one guy who you'd think would find them silly in the first place. I'm not missing the mask. Some of my favorite designs of him are maskless anyway.

Meh. The original trilogy essentially delivered on those designs. The movie suits aren't a world away from that. Hopefully Singer can at least deliver something more appealing since he is saying the leather suits are out.

sorry wolverine has no reason to wear a mask

his face isn't deformed like deadpool or hide his identity like batman or spiderman and his personality does'nt fit with such a costume

again why is he the only x men to wear a mask?:dry:

If "his personality does'nt fit with such a costume" then why has he had one in the comics since his first appearance!

wolverine180hulk.jpg

Logan has never really wanted the spotlight he is a loner at heart, so a mask and costume helps him hide.

Yeah, since they didn't establish it in 1,2,3 or Origins they need to introduce some sort of reason. Would be cool if by the end of this film he transitions and wears the mask. Can't believe hes gone this long without it. If not in this film or DOFP, theres always covert in X-Force. Thats probably the easiest way.

The sooner the better.

he wont ever wear a mask till they reboot and frankly not many fans or GA want it lol

he wont ever wear a mask till they reboot and frankly not many fans or GA want it lol

Thats not true, even here over 70% do. Every comment section Ive seen on sites is complaining about how Fox isnt giving them the mask.

They need a reason for it, but once given I don't think we will see complaints.

Last edited:
Yeah, since they didn't establish it in 1,2,3 or Origins they need to introduce some sort of reason. Would be cool if by the end of this film he transitions and wears the mask. Can't believe hes gone this long without it. If not in this film or DOFP, theres always covert in X-Force. Thats probably the easiest way.

The sooner the better.

Well he is around Ninjas who wear masks, doesn't he train with them, makes sense he might have one too, but have his own version later. This would be a perfect time to introduce it ... or even for a scene and dismiss the idea if need be.

I'm sure all the little kiddies these films are aimed at will have seen the cartoons in which he wears a mask and suit.

Also who cares what the GA think, they will watch anything look how much money Twilight and Transformers made, adding a mask to a character won't change much.

It's not like he will be in it 100% of the time anyway, the GA and ladies will still get to look at Hughs face.

Thats not true, even here 70% do. Every comment section Ive seen is complaining about how Fox isnt giving them the mask.

They need a reason for it, but once given I don't think we will see complaints.

Even here? of course if any place you'd expect to hear complaints about comic costume accuracy it would be on a site like this. However for the 80-90% in the general audience who don't care/are even aware wolverine wears a mask this is not an issue.

Besides Wolverine has such a distinguished look sans mask that even for someone like me who grew up watching the X-men animated series that this is as much wolverine if not more so:

tumblr_m8umxf8LNW1rr0x4wo1_500.png

Than this:

xmen90s.jpg

exactly his mutton chops and hair is as much of an iconic look than the yellow outfit

i'd say even more so

Batman isn't always in his suit.
IronMan isn't always in his suit.
Spider-Man isn't always in his suit.
Captain America isn't always in his suit.

We could see Wolverine in his when he is on mission, like all the other suited heroes. No on is asking for a 100% suited Wolverine film.

The mutton chops and hair are equally iconic to the yellow costume, not moreso

as a kid who grew up on that show, it was him in the mask that was badass to me, not his various Canadian tuxedos

frankly, his hair is absurd, growing up I thought for sure that the mask might make it into a movie someday, but not that ridiculous 'do

I always thought his hair was like that FROM wearing the mask and he just didn't care to style it.

just dont think he needs it a costume/mask should be used if :

a)deformed like someone like deadpool well wolverine is'nt
b)to protect you from attacks well wolverine has the healing factor
c)protect your real identity well wolverine doesn't give a crap he is cosntantly out in public with his claws

just because it is what he wears in the comics is not a good enough reason we need a logical reason for him to wear it

just dont think he needs it a costume/mask should be used if :

a)deformed like someone like deadpool well wolverine is'nt
b)to protect you from attacks well wolverine has the healing factor
c)protect your real identity well wolverine doesn't give a crap he is cosntantly out in public with his claws

just because it is what he wears in the comics is not a good enough reason we need a logical reason for him to wear it

Logic ... in a Fox comic film .. come on now!
Yes having it from the comics is a good enough reason, as this is a comic film not some noir art film.

I grew up with the 90's toon too. I can't say I ever thought his questionable fashion sense was as iconic as his costume or even more so. lol

so you cant think of one good

As I said earlier if he is training with Ninjas he will, or should, be dressed as so, afterwards he might like the idea of a suit and adapt that to his own, or given one as a graduation gift.
Like the X-Force suit, its black and sleek so would work well for nighttime stalking.

Or the fact people KNOW his face from the past and he wants to hide it as he doesn't want the attention, again as I said earlier, Logan is a loner, so he makes a suit and mask so he can still do his job, with some animosity, not popping his claws all the time, sneaking and hunting.

yeah don't be silly, Project, there's any number of reasons you could come up with to make him wear one.

and good writers could come up with especially excellent, logical reasons

sorry wolverine has no reason to wear a mask

his face isn't deformed like deadpool or hide his identity like batman or spiderman and his personality does'nt fit with such a costume

again why is he the only x men to wear a mask?:dry:

Because he is the only one that kills people regular like and all the cameras floating around like cell and Iphone , he does need to hide his ID he looks mostly normal in street clothes and does not walk around constantly with his claws out.

I have a feeling the mask is going to make a cameo, and it's going to look really bad ala Magneto's reveal at the end of First Class. :(

I've come around on Logan wearing the mask in the movies, whether it be Jackman, however unlikely, or someone else. I feel that since they're dealing with Wolverine's Japanese ties here, this would be the best place for the mask. The mask could be ceremonial.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"