Woman sues little league ball player

Immortalfire

The Vectorman
Staff member
Reaction score
http://www.usatoday.com/news/nation/story/2012-06-22/little-league-lawsuit/55763638/1

A New Jersey woman who was struck in the face with a baseball at a Little League game is suing the young catcher who threw it.

Elizabeth Lloyd is seeking more than $150,000 in damages to cover medical costs stemming from the incident at a Manchester Little League game two years ago. She's also seeking an undefined amount for pain and suffering.

Lloyd was sitting at a picnic table near a fenced-in bullpen when she was hit with the ball.

Catcher Matthew Migliaccio was 11 years old at the time and was warming up a pitcher.

The lawsuit filed April 24 alleges Migliaccio's errant throw was intentional and reckless, "assaulted and battered" Lloyd and caused "severe, painful and permanent" injuries.

A second count alleges Migliaccio's actions were negligent and careless through "engaging in inappropriate physical and/or sporting activity" near Lloyd. She continues to suffer pain and anguish, incur medical expenses and has been unable to carry out her usual duties and activities, the lawsuit says.

And Lloyd's husband, in a third count, is suing for the loss of "services, society and consortium" of his wife. They've demanded a jury trial.

Anthony Pagano, a lawyer for the Migliaccios, said the lawsuit is frivolous and without merit.

"I just think that it's disgusting that you have people suing an 11-year-old kid for overthrowing his pitcher in the bullpen," Pagano said. "It's horrible this can actually happen and get this far. Ultimately, hopefully, justice will prevail."
:doh:

You know, I always thought people over exaggerated when they said you could sue people over anything in America.

Guess not...

I'm pretty sure this will get laughed out. And if it doesn't I'm never going to leave the house again out of fear of being sued for something.

Indeed, I hope the judge literally laughs when it's brought before him. Then he'll throw it out due to suspicion of the plaintiff being a total moron.

She probably heard people who play sports make alot of money and said "I gotta get me a piece of some of that action".

What brilliant lawyer took this case?

Aren't there child protection laws to prevent this type of thing?

Aren't there child protection laws to prevent this type of thing?
I honestly though so. I'm surprised she's not suing the facility the game was played at rather than an 11 year old child.

That woman is incredibly stupid for suing a kid.

Wow that's just stupid. I doubt that kid has got $150k laying around. frivolous much

Someone should taken lessons from Piccolo:

[YT]y9VWofx5XG8[/YT]

must have hit her square in the face. too bad it didn't hit her brain, probably would have done some good

Yeah, it's kind of stupid, but she's probably trying to get the kid's parents' homeowner's insurance policy involved. Sometimes there is coverage for incidents outside the home. She may well be legally entitled to a settlement for her injury. Not sure.

Baseballs hurt no matter where you are hit. Even at 11 years old kids can whip those things. She could have broken her nose. I don't think this is a frivolous lawsuit at all.

This kid is in trouble. The lady hired the best lawyer in Tokyo.

YDrSy.gif

And Lloyd's husband, in a third count, is suing for the loss of "services, society and consortium" of his wife.

HahahaahahAHHAHAah! HAHA!

she can't win. little league registration, contracts, and charters all cover this. her being hit is no different than a foul ball hitting a windshield

Wow that's just stupid. I doubt that kid has got $150k laying around. frivolous much

I like how this was what made the entire thing stupid to you as opposed to anything else. :awesome:

If I were the judge, I'd wipe my ass with the papers right in the court room.

So i guess she doesnt like taking balls to the face.

Anytime you go to sporting event you take a risk. Professional baseball tells you they aren't liable for injury and it goes without saying that anytime you attend a sport such as baseball that you may get hit. And I know the pitch couldn't have been that fast so maybe she should have been paying attention and she could have avoided it.

Suing a little kid? What the Hell is the world coming to...

Can I sue parents who bring screaming children into movie theaters for emotional distress?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"