Woman Tries to Hit Deputy with Van, Runs Over Self Instead

Morg

Grumpy mod
Staff member
Reaction score
http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/topstories/news-article.aspx?storyid=118770&catid=15

SANDERSON, FL -- A woman trying to flee Baker County Sheriff's deputies accidentally ran over herself Sunday afternoon. Police say she first tried to hit a deputy and then lost control and hit a lawn mower.

Deputies were called to the home on Mallie Davis Road around 2 p.m., because of a fight between a husband and wife.

When officers arrested the husband, they had planned on taking the wife, 63-year-old Mary Davis, into custody as well.

She had different plans.

Deputies say that she jumped into her mini-van and left the drivers door open, when she tried to back out of her driveway she hit a parked lawn mower.

But, that was after deputies say she tried to strike one of them with her car.

The deputy reacted and jumped out of the way.

After the collision, Davis fell out and the mini-van spun out of control.

As the van made a circle, Davis was run over.

She was flown to Shands with critical injuries.

Ironically, the mini-van went in circles until it hit the deputy's patrol car that she had tried to run over earlier.

When Davis recovers, the BCSO says that charges will be filed.

So, regardless of her being in the van, it still hit it's intended target.

Life comes full circle.:o

But did she shoot the sheriff? :huh:

How did she live to be so old, when clearly she's nutz?

What are you talking about? You are still wet behind the ears.:cwink:

I sympathize w/ cops for having to take domestic calls.

So do I. They're damn dangerous. I have friends and family who are cops (including my own brother) and they loathe going on domestic calls. You never know who's going to attack you on those calls.

jag

So do I. They're damn dangerous. I have friends and family who are cops (including my own brother) and they loathe going on domestic calls. You never know who's going to attack you on those calls.

jag

Yeah. A couple is fighting each other one minute and turning on the officers in the next.

I don't know any procedural responsibilities for how to assess each situation, but I'd probably go to every call like that with my weapon drawn.

^Agreed. I had a friend who used to be a cop. He got shot by a 67 year old lady on a domestic disturbance call.

I say if you try to run someone over with your van but you get run over instead that's instant Karma baby.

What a nut bag. I love it.

I noticed that a lot of the recent bizarre news stories are starting to come from FL...

Sounds almost like the episode of the simpsons, Moe paid Homer to steal and dump his car, so Homer drove it down a mountain jumped out but as he jumped out of the car he rolled right back into it

Looks like that elderly woman got wtfpwn by her own van. :hehe:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kimcity
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"