Woman who claims she was splashed by acid....confesses

She is definitely mentally unstable if she's throwing acid on herself. That's just the most weird thing ever.

Wasn't there another woman who had acid thrown on her though? I just find it so weird this woman throws it on herself and then like a few days later a woman does ACTUALLY have acid thrown on her.

Maybe this is the one you are refering to but this took place back in march 2008. Check out the before & after pics of what sulfuric acid did to this pretty girl. She kinda looked like actress Ashley Scott before she was attacked. http://abcnews.go.com/2020/KatiePip...lfuric-acid-attack-rebuilds/story?id=11064905

Yeah she was the one I was talking about earlier, so sad she was a very pretty girl

If you read her story from beginning to end you'll see she was setting herself up for something bad to happen. It's very unusual for a girl to be that naive at her age. It would have been more believeable if she were a lonely and an unpopular 15 year old girl.

I'm gonna do something really horrible to myself and say a white man did it.

You know, to spice things up a little!

An African-American stripper tried that with a Caucasion-American water polo team a few years ago. Didn't work out so good for her as I recall.

The thing about racism is that it is a downward spiral. Its a never-ending cycle of offense and retribution. Some incidents of racism are true. Some are perception. The real question is, are you going to use it as an excuse, or let it inspire you to rise above it?

An African-American stripper tried that with a Caucasion-American water polo team a few years ago. Didn't work out so good for her as I recall.

The thing about racism is that it is a downward spiral. Its a never-ending cycle of offense and retribution. Some incidents of racism are true. Some are perception. The real question is, are you going to use it as an excuse, or let it inspire you to rise above it?

Um...dude.

JOKE!!!!!:whatever::woot::oldrazz:

I know the part about doing something to yourself and blaming Caucasions for it was a joke, but the rest of my post stands. I can't tell you how many times I was called something because I was married to a woman of Carribean descent. And it wasn't just Caucasions, but African-Americans as well. Did I judge the races as a whole because of the actions of a stupid few? Nope, I kept on living my life. I think too many people of all colors use racism as a reason to fail, rather than succeed.

I know the part about doing something to yourself and blaming Caucasions for it was a joke, but the rest of my post stands. I can't tell you how many times I was called something because I was married to a woman of Carribean descent. And it wasn't just Caucasions, but African-Americans as well. Did I judge the races as a whole because of the actions of a stupid few? Nope, I kept on living my life. I think too many people of all colors use racism as a reason to fail, rather than succeed.

:applaud

Attention. Remember the lady whose face was eaten away by a crazy monkey? She got tons of media attention and I think still does occassionally.
Um, it wasn't her monkey. It was her friend's chimp and what happened to her was absolutely terrible. The fact that she isn't overflowing with rage or bitterness over her experience deserves the media attention, IMO.

What are you talking about? I'm talking about the sympathy she's getting NOW, that it was revealled that she made the whole thing up and did it to herself. I felt bad for her also when they story first broke about her being attacked ,but now there are threads all over the internet, including facebook, of people still sympathizing saying that 'she's sick in the head', 'poor little girl', blah, blah, blah..and i'm just not feeling the love for her right now.
I actually think people's reactions are, "Woh, that's some crazy right there!" more than anything else. And I think she's being made to return the donations.

IMO she should pay for the police effort spent in attempting to catch her assailants too. And do some community service to help patch up race relations in her city.

If you read her story from beginning to end you'll see she was setting herself up for something bad to happen. It's very unusual for a girl to be that naive at her age. It would have been more believeable if she were a lonely and an unpopular 15 year old girl.
...seriously? :dry:

She should have reported the rape and assault, yes, but to blame her for the acid attack? No, just...no. The ex-bf is an evil SOB and deserves to rot in jail. HE deserves all the blame for what happened to her.

And I think the focus on what she used to look like is kind of lame myself.

Yeah I know she was very naive to go to the guys hotel room and expect him not want to sleep with her but thats no cause for what happened to her.

I actually think people's reactions are, "Woh, that's some crazy right there!" more than anything else. And I think she's being made to return the donations.

Actually she's being charged with several counts of theft, cause she spent some of the donations. It was on the news and the AOL home page a few days back; i'm too lazy to 'link' it up right now.

Yeah I know she was very naive to go to the guys hotel room and expect him not want to sleep with her but thats no cause for what happened to her.

She set herself up, it's plain and simple, and that's not the only stupid thing she did. This guy was the classic stalker. He told her he loved her on their second date, he sent so many messages to her facebook her account was locked, he would call her incessently, and on top of everything else he even looks like a thug. She decided to take a room in a hotel with him AFTER she had decided she was going to break up with him. She didn't report the rape and beating, then when he called her up to meet him somewhere he also asked her to describe what she would be wearing, she did and then went to the agreed location albeit reluctantly, and that's when his butt buddy splashed acid on her face based on the description of what she would be wearing. End of story.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"