Wonder Woman 1984 General Discussion and Speculation - Part 2

I love Barbara Ann Minerva’s look so much: I’m already predicting I’ll like it more than her actual Cheetah transformation look.
Still not a big fan of the Golden Eagle armor, mostly because of that awful helmet - it’s just, why is it so square-shaped on top? I hate it.

Seen her in her final Cheetah look and I love it

Unless a vaccine or cure is released, WW84 ain’t coming out in August. Not only would it do horrible business, it’d also get blamed for luring people into risk & possible death. Not happening.

Plus our mayor in Los Angeles said likely no big live events in LA until 2021. So large IMAX theaters might be banned.

I love Patty Jenkins, I feel for her. I totally get why she wants a silver screen release. But it wasn’t meant to be. Warner & DC would get a lot of goodwill if they release to streaming this summer. People would be incredibly grateful for event films at home during this terrible time. Wonder Woman to the rescue!!!

Or the studio could wait until 2021. But the vaccine might not arrive until late 2021. Bottom line. Respect the virus. It controls the timetable.

Seen her in her final Cheetah look and I love it
now-you-have-my-attention-gif-1.gif

At this point I wouldn't be surprised if Wonder Woman 84 ends up being delayed until November or December of 2020 due to this whole COVID-19 pandemic...or at worst this film gets delayed until 2021 with it getting either a February or March or April of 2021 release date

"We are committed to — and are excited about — releasing Tenet in theaters this summer or whenever theaters reopen. We remain supportive of the theatrical experience and our exhibition partners, and are confident that our tentpole titles, including Tenet and Wonder Woman 1984, are exactly the type of films that will have people eager to return to theaters," Warner Bros. CEO Ann Sarnoff said in a statement to The Hollywood Reporter.

giphy.gif

Yeah i am missing the cinema like crazy at the minute as watching stuff for the first time at home just isn't the same.

Plus it's always a family affair with me as I go with my Dad and my Aunt or are both over 60, and in my Aunt's case she doesn't get out much, so it's more than just seeing a movie. For me the theatrical experience needs to endure.

It's certainly a privilege I won't be taking for granted again.
Yeah but I think Open air theaters (Drive in) where you can park your car and watch the movie on big screen (at evening / night) would benefit at times such as these, social distancing could be maintained easily.
738444632-north-american-culture-drive-in-theatre-movie-screen-open-air-cinema.jpg

But this is not what I want.
Kinsel.jpg

People cant be trusted to social distance...look at the beaches that re-opened in America people broke every rule there is and every day 2k people are dying. People dont care...or to put it another way:

200.gif

Doesn't matter how many flowery phrases studio reps publish about preserving the theatrical experience. Blah, blah. We all love the silver screen. Doesn’t matter. Respect the virus. It sets the timetable.

The drive-in movie theater experience could def be THE answer. Because a vaccine is 18 months away, and could take as long as five years. Ironic that for the last several decades, these outdoor theaters have been systematically bulldozed.

Could be very intriguing to see a premium version of drive-ins built from ground-up across the USA. Hopefully with creativity & cool innovations.

If WW releases in August, even with theaters promoting social-distancing chessboard seating schemes (lol), many older WW fans (and there are many!) will choose to skip theaters & wait for home streaming. Many parents will refuse to allow their kids to return to theaters that early...People are scared. And children are the most likely to contract virus, remain asymptotic & become super-spreaders.

Again, whenever theaters reopen & whichever major films are the first to release, the studios risk negative press re: risking people’s lives for a buck. I’d rather WW not be first in line. Even her gauntlets might not deflect such incoming.

I'm 62 years old and have a suppressed immunity system due to a medicine I take.....I will not go to an indoor theater until there is a vaccine for it. I grew up going to drive-ins....would love to see them popular again.

Do you think they're saving the full Cheetah reveal because it doesn't look good?

That Cheetah doesn't look good, but I think they just want to save the reveal for the movie.

Maybe they’ll have time to consider feedback and think about making changes when they resume again after the virus.

I have a hard time buying that the creative team would double down on Diana walking away from mankind and taking issues with the horrors of war, and then blow that up in the sequel. If WB really wanted Wonder Woman operating publicly, they could have made a sequel set in modern day.

There almost has to be a reason related to her "complicated history with mankind" that
they're setting it in the 80's. I think one way or another she's going to make the conscious choice to let mankind sort their stuff out.

Although there's clearly something timey wimey or magical going on here given that you know who is back for the sequel.

Have a question as I'm not too familiar with Wonder Woman lore beyond the first movie and a little bit I've read up since. I understand that Cheetah is one of WW's biggest villains, has the powers of a god, and is capable of matching WW in a physical fight. Does this make Cheetah on par with Ares? Patty Jenkins has said that WW84 will showcase Diana at the peak of her powers, so logically the only way Cheetah would be a genuine challenge to her would be if she's on par with Ares?

On a side note, I hope we get to see some of Diana's hand-to-hand combat abilities in WW84 since we didn't see much of it in the first movie. Can't wait honestly :ali:
We saw her arm swing at a German Solider in Wonder Woman

The lasso not working because the plot demanded it is unfortunately par the course, but that's not really a good excuse to keep doing it. Both attempts to reason with him not working is all the reason she needs to put more effort into the fight, because an out of control Kryptonian is EXTREMELY dangerous and she shouldn't be holding back even if she doesn't want to hurt him (that shouldn't be a concern with such an opponent, her going all out isn't even a guaranteed win). She can still lose, just make her look better while losing. It's really Snyder/Whedon who weren't putting much effort into things, not Diana. He grabbed her wrists and she's just...done? Not buying it for the greatest melee fighter in the DCU.

I've seen the supercharged by the Motherbox thing floated around, I can't recall if that's just fanwank or something established by the movie. I'm not too eager to revisit this turd and find out lol.

he really doesn't need the Motherbox to be this powerful. He IS this powerful. It's just that while Wonder Woman is not quite on his level, she's much closer to it (and more competent as a fighter) than the film depicts.
Diana is a very kind and compassionated one

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evilAIS
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"