Wonder Woman 1984 General Discussion and Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.
What would you like to see in a future Wonder Woman movie?

They should've had one of those screens be of the original Karate Kid movie which was in 1984.

justice-league-11-the-ghost-of-steve-trevor.jpg

Steve did bath in the baths in Themyscira...

I would laugh if Steve came back brainwashed and working for the soviets like winter soldier.

Patty debunked this.
I would laugh if Steve came back brainwashed and working for the soviets like winter soldier.
Some Marvel fans love to think WW is CA rehash.

I definitely think, based off previous WW news about WW84 will test Diana in profound ways, that her heroism will be questioned, her past "failings" will be brought up, and the Cheetah will not hold back on throwing it in her face. WW2 happened on her watch, Cuban-Missile crisis, Vietnam, etc. I think they are going to put her through it.

Like she was there and all of these things still happened. Now there is another war brewing and what has she done, what is she going to do?

Lovin' all the fashion stuff. :woot:

This is going to be a blast, Terminator/The Americans-era Diana.

That looks like the character Steve Trevor in mall...but it doesn’t look like Chris Pine to me. Another actor portraying Trevor this time around?

So that's actual Steve Trevor? As in the exact same man from the first film?

That looks like the character Steve Trevor in mall...but it doesn’t look like Chris Pine to me. Another actor portraying Trevor this time around?

Whut?

That's 100% Chris Pine.

Just wanted to say I love what they're going for with the 1984 setting being obviously double-edged, and it looks like it will be pulling liberally from Orwell. That's fitting for our world today, if not more so than the actual 1984, and will complement the "espionage" aesthetic they're apparently going for nicely. Here is hoping they pull it off.

Although I would have preferred a present day WW sequel, I am loving the throwback to the 80s. I have no real memory of it, but it was the decade I was born in, and I've been having fun with 80s set TV shows like The Americans and Stranger Things, so it gives the film something special.

Having Diana and Barbara grow apart through the course of the film was something I always suspected would happen and like, but I'm still not sure if the idea is that they would know each other from close contact and even a friendship or if Barbara just sort of knows of her. I'd prefer they start as friends. I hope the addition of Steve Trevor doesn't detract from that story, which I think should be the main story. I'd rather not have a repeat of WW1 with Cheetah being just another Poison/Maru and with the revelation and mystery of Steve grabbing most of the focus, including an inversion of the fish out of water stuff because Steve would be new to the era.

That Steve is in this is intriguing. Since he's obviously young and whole, after exploding decades earlier in the First World War, his return comes with some sort of supernatural implications. I know some talk about things like this indicating Patty retconning BvS/JL, but a real return of Steve Trevor would be a retcon of her own film. The grief Diana still felt then seemed genuine. So, I wonder what happens to Steve this time. Either he survives and lives into present day when he would be in his late sixties and early seventies at which time he dies, or he dies again in this movie perhaps never being truly alive in the first place.

tumblr_p9lbz4NQTm1x0bvwko1_540.gif

Without a doubt that's whats going to happen. Only it'll be a poor imitation.

I doubt that is what it is. I think this is more like Hades or another supernatural entity using either Steve's ghost or an imitation of it to mess with Diana.

I too would be very disappointed if they ripped off the plot of The Winter Soldier. But hey, Wonder Woman is far better than The First Avenger, so maybe they can improve on the Cap movies there too? :oldrazz:

Agree to disagree...

Just like with the first WW movie, I don't think it'll be anything original.

If it is like The Winter Soldier, it'll be better because Steve Trevor was an actual character unlike Bucky. :sly:

I was thinking about that bath scene in Themyscira. It could be a variation on the Lazarus Pit.

I don't think that it's 'real' Steve Trevor and it's possibly someone brought back with a form of magic.

I see in the 2nd row #1 Larry Hagman as JR in 'Dallas' at the height of its popularity and #3 Christie Brinkley as the girl in a Ferrari passing Chevy Chase in National Lampoon's Vacation (1983). In the bottom row, the last two looked like scenes from MT's (as MTV was originally called) music videos. I'm sure that the top 2 in the 1st row are scenes from some TV shows.
DfkvDJeX4AAoDzt

Uhm, MTV has always been called MTV.

Back in the 1980s, we used to called it 'Music Television' initially as it was displayed below the MTV logo. Only a bit later we referred to it as MTV. VH1 (Video Hit 1) was similar but AFAIK we just went with the VH1 moniker. heh

They should have a clip from CHiPs showing Chris Pine's dad Robert Pine.

It's Zachary Quinto.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back