Wonder Woman 1984 General Discussion and Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.
It will get repeat viewings if it's considered good enough by the viewer. One of my all time favorite military movies is CRIMSON TIDE. it's conceit is obviously blunted to a degree after one has already seen it but that doesn't affect how good a film it is over all to me.

So you could have two characters on strings, as it were: Barbara Ann being taken over by Cheetah whenever Cheetah wills, and poor reconstructed Steve, puzzled by how he is back, and over-ridden by his master Dr. Psycho, whenever Dr. Psycho asserts himself within Steve.

I just hope that if Dr Psycho, Maxwell Lord or another psychic enemy is in this film, they’re not responsible for psychically manipulating Barbara into becoming Cheetah. I want Barbara to become Cheetah because of her own misguided desire to have the gifts of a goddess (or god), not because she was manipulated into becoming the Cheetah by the “main” villain to act as their muscle / physical threat against Diana.

I just hope that if Dr Psycho, Maxwell Lord or another psychic enemy is in this film, they’re not responsible for psychically manipulating Barbara into becoming Cheetah. I want Barbara to become Cheetah because of her own misguided desire to have the gifts of a goddess (or god), not because she was manipulated into becoming the Cheetah by the “main” villain to act as their muscle / physical threat against Diana.

I'm 100% sure Patty wouldn't do this :)

:eek:

97a4959e26337e8acd3bf72f92e90694.jpg

Where is the Max Lord stuff coming from? Last I checked, he's never really been a Wonder Woman villain, so that feels a bit random to me.

Max Lord became very associated with WW because of a Greg Rucka storyline in which he mind-controlled Superman and WW had to fight him. The way that threat was resolved became very controversial in-text and in-fandom and had some complicated repercussions for Diana and the Amazons.

That resolution kinda became an important WW moment at the time which made Lord an important foe for her.

Patty would never show Wonder Woman breaking the neck of Maxwell Lord
1360370-wonder_20woman_20v2_20219_2022.jpg

because it is totally out of character, and fans rejected it as such immediately.

WW1984: Just say no to snapping bad guys necks.

because it is totally out of character, and fans rejected it as such immediately.

So it's okay for Wonder Woman to stab bad guys, but it's not okay for her to break their necks? What kind of hypocrisy is this?!?!

So it's okay for Wonder Woman to stab bad guys, but it's not okay for her to break their necks? What kind of hypocrisy is this?!?!
I think that is in response to the negativity that Superman got for snapping Zod's neck in MoS. In both ways someone dies....but since there was so much complaining about the previous neck snapping, they don't want to double down on that and have it done again.

I think that is in response to the negativity that Superman got for snapping Zod's neck in MoS. In both ways someone dies....but since there was so much complaining about the previous neck snapping, they don't want to double down on that and have it done again.

Well, that makes more sense than Dufusyte's argument that Patty wouldn't do it because killing "is totally out of character" for Diana, and "fans" would "reject it as such." Patty already has done this -- had Diana kill -- so it's not like Patty is against it on the basis of character or morals. Like you said, if she chose not to do it, it would just be to not evoke what happened to Zod. Consequently, Diana could kill whomever Pascal plays, but she just wouldn't do it via snapping his neck.

it's okay for Wonder Woman to stab bad guys, but it's not okay for her to break their necks?
No - no stabbing either, please. Remember: "No sharp edges." And the second rule: "Use gentle hands."

to be fair, stabbing is usually a defensive attack... where to snap someones neck you have to have them in a restraining hold in the first place/or even by sneaking up behind them (so if you already have then restrained is it really necessary to snap there neck) like in the image above she literally has him tied up, killing someone while their defenseless is rather cowardly

there's the difference

to be fair, stabbing is usually a defensive attack... where to snap someones neck you have to have them in a restraining hold in the first place/or even by sneaking up behind them (so if you already have then restrained is it really necessary to snap there neck) like in the image above she literally has him tied up, killing someone while their defenseless is rather cowardly

there's the difference

Not in this instance. When Wonder Woman killed Max Lord, it was his mind that was on the offensive. So while his body was restrained, his mind was not.

A demi-goddess vs a god is at least a fair fight. Demi-goddess vs a mortal would be bullying.

A demi-goddess vs a god is at least a fair fight. Demi-goddess vs a mortal would be bullying.

Yeah, sure, and that's why it's probably a good idea to verify one is fighting a genuine god before one gets stab happy like a white cop who thinks he sees a black guy with a gun. It's not like Diana had a lie detector with her....oh wait.

It was her mission, that's the reason she left the island.

It was her mission, yes. And because it was her mission, it was her responsibility to achieve its goals with wisdom, grace, and strategy rather than ignorance, overconfidence, and sloppiness. By killing Ludendorff, she not only failed in her mission, she almost gave up on humanity altogether. Diana's pig headed obsession even messed up Steve's plans and directly contributed to the gas attack on Veld.

It was her mission, yes. And because it was her mission, it was her responsibility to achieve its goals with wisdom, grace, and strategy rather than ignorance, overconfidence, and sloppiness. By killing Ludendorff, she not only failed in her mission, she almost gave up on humanity altogether. Diana's pig headed obsession even messed up Steve's plans and directly contributed to the gas attack on Veld.

If the hero do everything right, we won't have a movie, good thing you don't make movies.

If the hero do everything right, we won't have a movie, good thing you don't make movies.

I'm not saying heroes have to do everything right. I'm saying it's important to acknowledge when they make mistakes, which is what you weren't doing until your and others' excuses for Diana's actions failed to hold up to scrutiny.

Diana messed up Steve's plans and directly contributed to the gas attack on Veld.
Yes - if she hadn't been so distracting at the gala, Dr. Poison would have fallen in love with Captain Trevor, shown him her project, and Steve would have blown her and Ludendorff up honorably in the warehouse, and lived to tell the tale.

And he and Diana would have breakfast, read the paper, and make some babies until Steve's death at a ripe old age in 1984.

Yes - if she hadn't been so distracting at the gala, Dr. Poison would have fallen in love with Captain Trevor, shown him her project, and Steve would have blown her and Ludendorff up honorably in the warehouse, and lived to tell the tale.

And he and Diana would have breakfast, read the paper, and make some babies until Steve's death at a ripe old age in 1984.

Who knows what would have happened? I'm not saying Steve definitely would have been successful, but he did have a chance that was blown. The point is, what Diana did do was counterproductive, and her error in targeting Ludendorff had fatal effects for him and others.

You honestly have no idea what Jenkins will do. You realize Max Lord isn't the first character Diana has killed in the last 35 years of comics, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"