Wonder Woman 1984 General Discussion and Speculation - Part 2

There's almost NO connection to the Pascal and Cheetah story with Steve's "return". There's a very "Chaos" magic aspect to some of the BTS pictures we've seen. Almost like things from people's psyche being manifested. What if instead of either manipulation or resurrection Diana is simply being "haunted" by her own feelings and memories. and her arc is to overcome and let go of certain feelings? Or at least not allow them the control they would have. I know this is an unpopular thought but... She can't... Uh... pine for Steve forever. At some point you have to move on and maybe that's not easy for a virtual immortal?
That means Diana is also getting her emotions manipulated, which she needs to overcome and see the truth, in order to save the day, a bit simple than earlier ideas but it feels more natural. I'm fine with that.

There's almost NO connection to the Pascal and Cheetah story with Steve's "return". There's a very "Chaos" magic aspect to some of the BTS pictures we've seen. Almost like things from people's psyche being manifested. What if instead of either manipulation or resurrection Diana is simply being "haunted" by her own feelings and memories. and her arc is to overcome and let go of certain feelings? Or at least not allow them the control they would have. I know this is an unpopular thought but... She can't... Uh... pine for Steve forever. At some point you have to move on and maybe that's not easy for a virtual immortal?

That means Diana is also getting her emotions manipulated, which she needs to overcome and see the truth, in order to save the day, a bit simple than earlier ideas but it feels more natural. I'm fine with that.

Could be a way to go.

Diana being distracted by her feelings could give

Maxwell more time and freedom to do whatever he needs to do.

Could be a way to go.

Diana being distracted by her feelings could give

Maxwell more time and freedom to do whatever he needs to do.

This is what I'm thinking.

Diana's enemy to really overcome is herself. This is maybe going to be paralleled in Cheetah/Barbara. Diana being "distracted" by Steve is not necessarily the doing of the villains, but it helps to play into their plans. And one of them, Cheetah, is the type of person that is fueled by never letting anything go.

This is what I'm thinking.

Diana's enemy to really overcome is herself. This is maybe going to be paralleled in Cheetah/Barbara. Diana being "distracted" by Steve is not necessarily the doing of the villains, but it helps to play into their plans. And one of them, Cheetah, is the type of person that is fueled by never letting anything go.

Maxwell may be able to know in some way (Brother Eye, mind reading...) some of DIana's weaknesses or fears, or he might just create a general mass fear and panic in those chaotic "magic" scenes we saw being filmed. That Diana gets caught up in. But yes it is Diana's own vulnerabilities that she has to deal with and that only she herself can overcome.

It's interesting if we see both Diana and Barbara battling their inner demons, where one might succeed and the other fail.

Yeah, this could be the basic theme of the movie and there are parallels between the two, to highlight the difference in how they handle their problems / inner conflicts.

On Steve Trevor, why would he be in modern clothes is he is a figment of her imagination? He would be dressed as she remembers him. I think he is there either magically or resurrected which is why he has updated clothes. It is going to be the reversal of Diana getting her clothes in the first film.

And I still dont buy the Brother Eye angle. Maybe if I thought it would be a plot point later (like Lex was using it in JL 2) but otherwise it honestly makes little sense and serves no purpose and is out of place in the setting. I get the "1984" stuff but still it is kind of a stretch. You are basically inserting Brother Eye into a story that he really doesnt belong. (where are the OMACs) And how exactly do they destroy him? He doesnt seem to exist in the modern films which to me is problematic. Plus the idea behind Brother Eye was to spy on Metahumans. Unless they are changing the timeline Metahumans arent widely known until Superman arrives.

When we finally get a trailer even more of these questions will open up. Oh the fun :)

On Steve Trevor, why would he be in modern clothes is he is a figment of her imagination? He would be dressed as she remembers him. I think he is there either magically or resurrected which is why he has updated clothes. It is going to be the reversal of Diana getting her clothes in the first film.

And I still dont buy the Brother Eye angle. Maybe if I thought it would be a plot point later (like Lex was using it in JL 2) but otherwise it honestly makes little sense and serves no purpose and is out of place in the setting. I get the "1984" stuff but still it is kind of a stretch. You are basically inserting Brother Eye into a story that he really doesnt belong. (where are the OMACs) And how exactly do they destroy him? He doesnt seem to exist in the modern films which to me is problematic. Plus the idea behind Brother Eye was to spy on Metahumans. Unless they are changing the timeline Metahumans arent widely known until Superman arrives.

When we finally get a trailer even more of these questions will open up. Oh the fun :)

If they do

use Brother Eye, I don't think it has to be exactly like it is used in the comics. I mean, even having Maxwell Lord in the movie is not the same of the comics, as he is more a JL villain than a WW one. I think Patty may want to show how in the 80s the world opening up, the advent of technology in everyday life. How the world started getting more connected and smaller. And how issues then in politics, business, war and tech are still relevant today.

As for spying on metahumans, DIana is a metahuman, and we are seeing a movie about her in a time before Superman, who was supposedly the first known metahuman. Maxwell could be spying on WW. All the questions about WW and her presence in the world at that time could be tied to all this too.

If Diana is hallucinating Steve, the modern clothes could be explained by her wanting Steve be alive and living in the present- not as a memory from the long ago past, but someone alive with her that day, in the time she is living.

But yes we are only going off a few scraps of information here. The more clues we are getting the more I am intrigued.

It's fun knowing very little... Literally everything is a possibility :)

If it is true that a major battle action set piece will be in the White House, and unless there is a "retcon" in the movie itself making people forget everything that has happened, then the continuity of the DCEU so far is REALLY being thrown out the window. You can't explain away Wonder Woman fighting in/over/around the White House and people not knowing, including the government/militaries, with just "there was no social media" (which is already as far fetched as it gets)

I know most here already have said the continuity be damned, I'm just pointing out how big the impact is growing out to be (if it's true).

That would be the final nail in the coffin for the people trying to make the continuity work. There's no reasonable explanation you can make in that instance to make it align with what happened in MoS and beyond. At that point you're lying to yourself.

Yeah, methinks, Brother Eye is way too hi-tech concept to exist in 1984 setting, it may work in comics, but in semi-grounded world Patty is setting up, it is difficult to use that concept as surveillence technology was in basic form in those days.

The History of Surveillance: The 1980s - IFSEC Global | Security and Fire News and Resources

Interesting. But there have been spy satellites since the late 1950s, including used for the Cold War. Granted, they were not as sophisticated as they are now, obviously. (Space.com)

You're right that Brother Eye would be very hi-tech but they could still use the idea/concept (even in its earlier stages), especially in the Cold War era. The few photos and clues we've gotten of WW84 do show some sort of surveillance, something we've seen as part of the Maxwell Lord character. So that theme could be in there.

Last edited:
Interesting. But there have been spy satellites since the late 1950s, including used for the Cold War. Granted, they were not as sophisticated as they are now, obviously. (Space.com)

You're right that Brother Eye would be very hi-tech but they could still use the idea/concept (even in its earlier stages), especially in the Cold War era. The few photos and clues we've gotten of WW84 do show some sort of surveillance, something we've seen as part of the Maxwell Lord character. So that theme could be in there.

Yeah, after reading that info given in that link (which was interesting), I think they could be including Brother Eye story-line in some form, which also makes the movie interesting, given the cold-war setting.

I am not worried about continuity...if they change things fine but so far we have no evidence they are. And if they do, well I wont shed a tear. I dont much like continuity anyways (it ruins things for me because it makes minor stuff way too important) and to most people the current continuity will be ignored anyways. If it makes Patty's story better they should just ignore what they dont like. (same with Wan and Sandberg)

As for the other stuff:

You need to have a purpose for Brother Eye...you just dont have him there for nothing. You also dont need Brother Eye to tell a surveillance story. I mean it is Brother Eye in name only anyways. (it isnt going to be made by Batman to spy on Metas so it isnt the comic Brother Eye anyways) My guess, and this is based on nothing, is that it will be an Easter Egg nothing more. They will launch a new era spy satellite called "MK I" to look for and monitor new threats beyond just the Cold War. Maybe these D.C. set pieces cause the government to look into the Metaphysical and Magical style threats and this satellite is for that purpose. (which later leads to the "Metahuman hypothesis".)

Hell that is a way for us to get our cake and eat it to. If say, Pascal is playing Maxwell Lord he is at best a secondary character cause Cheetah is the villain. (one of the reasons I dont necessarily think he is) This could be his origin for another film. Maybe it was supposed to be JL2 or maybe WW3 or whatever but I think if he is Maxwell Lord he is setting up his story for another film. The Government launches "MK I" as just another Cold War era satellite as far as the people know but a clandestine group, maybe Checkmate but that again doesnt much matter, actually is in control of the true purpose which is to look for these new threats. Maybe Lord finds a way to use his contacts to finagle his way into a position of power. I kinda hope he doesnt have mind control powers cause that always comes off as cheesy but it would make sense to use them as a way to manipulate a position of power. He is mostly a B story for this film but the end, perhaps the stinger before the credits is him in the car (from the photo) discussing the true plans for "MK I".

That is all just ideas in my head that make that possible storyline not as awful in my mind and could be quite fun :)

Right now, I'm thinking that they will have a "loose continuity", but if they ignore earlier movies completely, I'm fine with that too.

I am not worried about continuity...if they change things fine but so far we have no evidence they are. And if they do, well I wont shed a tear. I dont much like continuity anyways (it ruins things for me because it makes minor stuff way too important) and to most people the current continuity will be ignored anyways. If it makes Patty's story better they should just ignore what they dont like. (same with Wan and Sandberg)

As for the other stuff:

You need to have a purpose for Brother Eye...you just dont have him there for nothing. You also dont need Brother Eye to tell a surveillance story. I mean it is Brother Eye in name only anyways. (it isnt going to be made by Batman to spy on Metas so it isnt the comic Brother Eye anyways) My guess, and this is based on nothing, is that it will be an Easter Egg nothing more. They will launch a new era spy satellite called "MK I" to look for and monitor new threats beyond just the Cold War. Maybe these D.C. set pieces cause the government to look into the Metaphysical and Magical style threats and this satellite is for that purpose. (which later leads to the "Metahuman hypothesis".)

Hell that is a way for us to get our cake and eat it to. If say, Pascal is playing Maxwell Lord he is at best a secondary character cause Cheetah is the villain. (one of the reasons I dont necessarily think he is) This could be his origin for another film. Maybe it was supposed to be JL2 or maybe WW3 or whatever but I think if he is Maxwell Lord he is setting up his story for another film. The Government launches "MK I" as just another Cold War era satellite as far as the people know but a clandestine group, maybe Checkmate but that again doesnt much matter, actually is in control of the true purpose which is to look for these new threats. Maybe Lord finds a way to use his contacts to finagle his way into a position of power. I kinda hope he doesnt have mind control powers cause that always comes off as cheesy but it would make sense to use them as a way to manipulate a position of power. He is mostly a B story for this film but the end, perhaps the stinger before the credits is him in the car (from the photo) discussing the true plans for "MK I".

That is all just ideas in my head that make that possible storyline not as awful in my mind and could be quite fun :)

Pretty much think
this is a self-contained film and Maxwell will have a prominent role. Not all set up for some imaginary future film. I think you're thinking too much about how this will set up future films to get to the "real" comic book versions which just sounds like over-complicating this movie. The original Brother Eye was created in 1974 by Jack Kirby and it wasn't all about Batman spying on metahumans, so Patty has the freedom to go back to original comic book roots if she chooses, and doesn't have to worry about Batman making it etc. I would hate this movie having major cast member like Pascal just be there as something minor to mainly to set up a future movie. Patty having to worry about that kind of stuff is what created a lot of problems for the DCEU in the first place, and something BvS tried to do, to its detriment.

I am not thinking about it at all because I dont think it will actually happen. ;) I dont think Pascal is who you all think he is or that certain plot point will be in the film at all. I was just saying one way it could work. :)

I am not thinking about it at all because I dont think it will actually happen. ;) I dont think Pascal is who you all think he is or that certain plot point will be in the film at all. I was just saying one way it could work. :)

Good for you.

Where's this spoiler talk coming from?

Where's this spoiler talk coming from?

This is not really spoiler talk but speculation. I guess it is all spoiler tagged because some people want as little info about the movie as possible and don't want discussion based off of set photos or on the slight chance some internet rumours turn out to be legit.

Last edited:
Looks like Gal is in Almeria, Spain:

Shooting location info:

This Spanish article says that WW84 will be filming in the Alcazaba of Almeria in Spain in September.

La Alcazaba de Almería acoge en septiembre el rodaje de 'Wonder Woman:1984' - Nova Ciencia

Wikipedia says it is an Arabic fortified citadel. "Conan the Barbarian" and "Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade" also used it for filming.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alcazaba_of_Almería

Pics

que-ver-en-almeria-alcazaba-de-almeria-02-1024x576.jpg

Dlxvf1wUYAAWt9H.jpg

Looks more and more like the Amazons of Bana-Mighdall to me.

Yeah the spoiler tags are out of respect for people who dont want to know the speculation.

Video of Gal arriving at Almeria airport (Spain):

If Gal is there, it means WW will be present in the scenes shot there.

10364418654_dcf69974f7_b.jpg

a6c0ecbac0b09edfbb1c6d3ee0a15ac9.jpg

If it is the Amazons of Bana-Mighdall, in the comics they imprison and torture Wonder Woman!

And Robin Wright said she was filming a flashback in Spain...it will be good to see Antiope again, even if only a flashback.

I wonder whether there will be any communication between Diana and the Amazons on Themyscira in 1984. Will she try to speak to her mother or contact her, or try to return?

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"