Wonder Woman 1984 General Discussion and Speculation - Part 2

Some new WW84 stuff. Putting in spoiler tag for people that don't want to know anything, but this stuff doesn't spoil anything.

Chris Pine filmed scenes earlier this month at the Imperial War Museum in Cambridge, England. A section of the museum was closed to the public.
DpQ-8uKWkAIoF88.jpg

WW84 filming some Christmas scenes

Dqg40K4U4AE71Lq.jpg
DqeQj3RWsAA58bz.jpg

Last edited:
Nice to see some info about what they are doing currently.

Much to the chagrin of those who see Randolph is a number one source and scooper, I'm sure.

I wonder who Jenkins will cast as the new Superman to show in WW84 since it’s being used to reboot to DC uni?

Paul Shirey (Editor-in-Chief of Joblo.com) recently said on a podcast that based off of his set visit to WW84, he doesn't believe the reboot rumour. He's excited about the things that he saw & said to expect a lot of surprises.

Paul Shirey (Editor-in-Chief of Joblo.com) recently said on a podcast that based off of his set visit to WW84, he doesn't believe the reboot rumour. He's excited about the things that he saw & said to expect a lot of surprises.

I don't know a thing about Paul Shirey, but I like the sound of that.
But then again, I won't disbelieve the reboot rumor until it's proven false. I still believe you, Grace! :hrt::hrt::hrt:

Gal's trying to figure out a good way to let Patty know that the Flash costume underneath that coat is a bit snug.

I wonder who Jenkins will cast as the new Superman to show in WW84 since it’s being used to reboot to DC uni?
Well, being as it's 1984..... he may not have even landed then.....

I never believed the reboot rumor because I didn't think WB would force any franchise-building responsibilities onto Patty's vision. She more than proved herself on the first film and delivered well beyond expectations, so whenever someone does that, they normally just sit back and let them do their thing for the sequel, for fear of messing up a good thing. As I've said before, I believe the only reason they started meddling with Zack is because MoS was not the slam dunk they had hoped for, and their new franchise/universe was off to a shaky start.

While I don't believe that rumor of WW84 to do a soft-reboot of DCEU. I don't buy the reasoning that the only reason they started meddling with Zack is because MoS was not the slam dunk they wanted it to be as MoS was fairly successful movie.

It's worth remembering that WB also meddled with Martin Campbell's Green Lantern and with David Ayer's Suicide Squad and they meddled with Snyder/Whedon's Justice league by reducing it run-time to two hours.

While I don't believe that rumor of WW84 to do a soft-reboot of DCEU. I don't buy the reasoning that the only reason they started meddling with Zack is because MoS was not the slam dunk they wanted it to be as MoS was fairly successful movie.

It's worth remembering that WB also meddled with Martin Campbell's Green Lantern and with David Ayer's Suicide Squad and they meddled with Snyder/Whedon's Justice league by reducing it run-time to two hours.
It's also worth looking at context - Campbell was coming off a critical and commercial bomb with Edge of Darkness, so they had no reason to give him the benefit of the doubt; Ayer had an even rockier track record and the SS meddling came after test screenings. JL was obvious - once the meddling started, it wasn't gonna stop, as they were trying to dig themselves out of the massive hole they started digging from MoS onwards. They have had zero reasons to doubt Patty or mess with her. They gave her a smaller budget with WW just to be on the safe side even though she had the strongest track record of the bunch, and she made gold with it. They typically reward that kind of success with freedom and confidence. It all comes down to a very simple question: How much faith do we have in this filmmaker? If their faith in you is not so solid, then they're gonna start meddling at the first sign of trouble. If you've earned their confidence, you get it.

I mean, it's pretty obvious to me that they started meddling with Zack after MoS's lackluster reception. He literally said on the MoS press tour that it wouldn't be wise to get into Batman and the Justice League 'til they got Superman's house in order, then BvS was shoehorned into the equation months later. Obviously, plans changed, and you can't convince me it was entirely Zack who changed them. MoS made them nervous, and they fast-tracked the Bat-factor from there. That's certainly how it appears from where I'm sitting. At any rate, Patty's done much better by them thus far so they'll likely leave her alone.

Last edited:
If they can't let the directors a free hand then they shouldn't hire such directors (Martin Campbell, Zack Snyder, David Ayer, Joss Whedon). Good luck to WB finding better directors.

All of her boss fights are at night in the dark. Why is that? She's not batman. Doomsday Ares luddendorff were all at night. Steppenwolf was in a dark tunnel. Being ww I thought she would fight during daylight like the comics in the skyscrapers or mountains etc. I hope they stop doing that in this & she doesn't fight cheetah at night ugh. Two fast characters are already hard to show on screen in battle so no night night settings please!

There's a Instagram that posts everything filmed in every location. So far I've only seen two set pics of barbara. One at the meuseum fighting some guy & when she jumps in the air in DC. So I think all her scenes will be filmed in a studio so we can't see her final look. I also seen a ig story with stuntmen flying on a crane fighting waaaay in the air. So ww might have a air battle & learn to fly!

All of her boss fights are at night in the dark. Why is that? She's not batman. Doomsday Ares luddendorff were all at night. Steppenwolf was in a dark tunnel. Being ww I thought she would fight during daylight like the comics in the skyscrapers or mountains etc. I hope they stop doing that in this & she doesn't fight cheetah at night ugh. Two fast characters are already hard to show on screen in battle so no night night settings please!
In WW movie, her fight at small town Veld was in daylight, in JL, her fight with people who were holding school children hostage and were going to blow up the place was in daytime.

In WW movie, her fight at small town Veld was in daylight, in JL, her fight with people who were holding school children hostage and were going to blow up the place was in daytime.
Im talking all her biggest fights against the main supervillains.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
osayi
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"