Wonder Woman Costume Suggestions

Hi :yay:

I came up with this manip as I wanted to materialise Wonder Woman’s original costume ( new 52’s one ) because I think it would look good in the movie:

486370WonderWomannew52Real.jpg

I’ve been noticing lately a lot of suggestions with costumes too much based on a Greek Roman style or looking too much Medieval.

I don’t think that would be a good idea for a Wonder Woman costume in a modern and realistic movie. ( unless they would be eventually needed for some particular flashback scenes or for an alternative ceremonial costume), Wonder Woman is not Xena

Just like for Superman’s costume in Man of Steel which remains modern, faithful to the comics’, and still reminding of his alien origins, I think it would be possible to make a modern Wonder Woman costume by including some subtile elements in reference to her divine and mythological origins ( As in Thor for instance in Thos The Dark World).

As an example here with this costume, I kept the two stars on Wonder Woman’s shorts but the difference resides in the shape as I chose to insert Greec stars instead of American ones (just as in the S of Man of Steel that might be considered as an Alien Shield ).

I think that it is all a matter of balance. The perfectly modern Man of Steel costume prouves that a costume can remain faithful and modern at the same time. Most of all, we should not have a very realistic image of the costume in mind (like the too much Greeko- roman costume for Wonder Woman).
I included some medieval or Greco-Roman accessories in a discreet fashion in order to keep the balance between a costume faithful to the comics and the mythological origins of Wonder woman.

Last but not least, I just wanted to say a couple of things about the rumors going on about Jaimie Alexander. I think she’s a cool actrice, I like her and she’s a beautiful woman.

However, I don’t think she could embody the ideal Wonder Woman (in a faithful way), she looks too young for that. Wonder Woman has to be just like Henry Cavill is for Superman, we need a charismatic actress in her thirties and an actress with a “Femme Fatale” style (without looking trashy), just like Henry Cavill who looks like a very handsome and matured man. I don’t think it would be enough for an actress to have dark hair, blue eyes and to be pretty looking (and even to have a medieval armor as in Thor 1 and 2 with a little bit of red ) to look like Wonder Woman. Some actresses who have not been listed look much more like Wonder Woman than Jaimie does.

So I really hope that Warner Bros won’t be taking the easy route and will choose an actress who will be able to faithfully interpret Wonder Woman.

Some actresses like Katheryn Winnick, Yulia Singir, Tanit Phoenix, or Megan Gale (who was chosen for the George Miller project) would make a beautiful Wonder Woman.
I like the manip and the suit but who is the actress?

486370WonderWomannew52Real.jpg

the manip you did on the WW with the pants but IMO if would be nice could you modify and the pants without the line separation between the pelvis and the legs with the same color and material as the suit and should be awesome!!!

Last edited:
... if would be nice could you modify and the pants without the line separation between the pelvis and the legs with the same color and material as the suit and should be awesome!!!

What he said.

On the silver vs. gold debate: both look good. Either would be fine. If push came to shove, I'd probably go with silver.

Something like this would look great on her on film. This of course needs to tweaked and made to look better of course for a film with Wondy. I also want to see her wear a battle skirt in some scenes. As for Superman. It would be nice to see the blue lightened up a bit in the BvsS film. The blue should pop out a bit more.

So Awesome.

How bout a silver version with dark blue boots?

Also, have you tried with the new52-style lines on the top?

Lastly, I would still try to give her less cleavage? Higher top perhaps? or a larger/higher chest plate? That's what I tried/failed to do in my edit.

Last edited:
She's unkown (I took her face from a manip made by Jeffach)

I made other versions:

like both gold and silver but I guess the pants version is gonna be the best option on screen

I like the pants with silver armour/accessories costume by Kalel_Angel.

Although, I would prefer it if the bodice covered slightly more of her cleavage, if there were straps to help hold up the breastplate and if the pose was more "warrior" and less "seductive".

All that typed, the manipulation does highlight the similarities between Superman and Wonder Woman's colour palette. They look like they both shopped at the same store on Krypton.

I wonder if they'd consider using alternative colour combinations for Wonder Woman like "white and gold", "red and black" or "black and silver" to help differentiate her from Superman?

Thank you all for your comments. :yay:

Let me time and I would do other version this week.

While the gold is classic, I find that I prefer the silve

Other designs I like and could see working are

wonder_woman_redesign_by_magikmarker16-d4643sx.jpg

wonder_women_redesigns_by_femmes_fatales-d3dwv1t.png

(I really like this one, just would prefer if her midriff was covered.)
Wonder_Woman_Costume_Redesign_by_ArtNerdEm.jpg

And there's this one if they really want to differentiate the color palette between Clark and Diana
wonder_woman_redesigned_by_renae_de_liz__by_raydillon-d4sdccp.jpg

Last edited:
Loved the first and second costume Lobo!

896980WonderWomannew52RealV3.jpg

This one, but with Red boots and the little rivet-things on her skirt shaped like stars instead of round.

I like the gold, but silver would be okay with me.

Agreed, the one in the first pic, and the skirt one in the second are very good.

896980WonderWomannew52RealV3.jpg

This one, but with Red boots and the little rivet-things on her skirt shaped like stars instead of round

The skirt costume needs to be an ACTUAL skirt, not just her swimsuit costume with little tassels that don't even hang down beyond the bottom.

I think it would be for the better to change her color scheme a little. Looking at Superman and Wonder Woman standing next to each other in some of those manips, they look like a couple who decided to be cute and match that day. Maybe the cinematic universe should do what the comics have done and dress her in red, black, and silver instead of red, blue, and gold?

Last edited:
Multple outfits, so a wide array of fan preferences are satisfied, and she looks appropriate for every occasion. That could also be a way to honor her various looks through the ages. The Golden Eagle "Kingdom Come" armor for the big finale, that gets trashed leaving her in a more classic look, a glam robe/gown for diplomatic settings, her current red/black look with Jim Lee jacket for a casual look, hell I'd even like to see a take on her mod 60's all white Emma Peel get up for like an undercover sequence.

Maybe justify it all by doing what Matt Wagner did in the original Trinity series. Have the "Invisible Jet" be like a mobile base of operations that contains all her necessary equipment including a wardrobe/closet fit for a mythological princess.

If Superman/Batman don't go through every different look they have had, why would WW? But I guess if anything, just put her in her "classic" look while she is on paradise island and have that be some regular amazon everyday attire, then have her armor up when she leaves and does battle.

If Superman/Batman don't go through every different look they have had, why would WW? But I guess if anything, just put her in her "classic" look while she is on paradise island and have that be some regular amazon everyday attire, then have her armor up when she leaves and does battle.

(Tenth Doctor voice) Well...

I just think it's simple and elegant way to side step all the hand wringing going on about her classic look, which is the reason this thread exists in the first place, yes? I don't have a problem with her standard look from the comics but I'm not blind to the practical and thematic problems it does present in a live action adaptation.

Plus, she actually has had a lot of looks over the decades, many a make over, some very radical. Why not honor that part of the character? She's a kick ass empowered woman and she won't be satisfied wearing the same thing every day any more than Lady Gaga , Madonna or Cher do. And she's royalty ta boot. Is it unreasonable to think her closet might be a little more full than the average Amazon? And finally, you have to take into account all the different revenue streams it would open up for the franchise. You know, multiple action figures/collectibles ect., maybe even selling clothing recreations in stores of the more practical peices like the Jim Lee jacket and her Emma Peel get up.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"