Flash Costume Suggestions

AvengingLeague

Civilian
Reaction score
Like what I asked for Wonder Woman...what would you like the Flash costume to look like in his upcoming movie in 2016?

The Flash's costume needs to look cool and close enough to the comics while also not looking stupid. I think a cross between the Avengers version of the Captain America uniform and a speedskater's suit could work.

Can't look too bulky or constricting. Should have an aerodynamic feel to it. I like to think the fabric itself is very high tech, so it'll have a slight shine to it, as though it's trying to contain the excess energy he gives off.

basically the new 52 comics costume, with the appropriate materials for a film.

flash1_cover_cmyk2.jpg

I like the version from the Justice League cartoon, especially for Wally West.

I highly doubt they'll have a movie out in 2016. There was no official announcement and now they've announced the TV series, I just don't see it happening.

No armor, and it must have ear pieces like Ethan Van Sciver draws them:

flash_van-sciver_3f1.jpg

And I've always thought this would make an EXCELLENT poster for a movie (if we were lucky enough to ever get one), but with The Flash three pronged lightning logo ripping through it instead of "Z" lighting for Professor Zoom:

The_Flash_Rebirth_Cover-4.jpg

Also, big heavy looking treaded boots a la Ethan Van Sciver's Flash drawings. His boots should look epic, and the suit should be crimson red and gold. Damn thing should look shiney, sleek, and sharp.

flash_rebirth.jpg

Flash_Rebirth_01.jpg

Last edited:
I say just take the costume from the 1990 TV series out of the mothballs. That costume was awesome.

I say just take the costume from the 1990 TV series out of the mothballs. That costume was awesome.

:up:

I agree. Just tone the muscle down a bit and you have a suit. Even though I was never a big fan of the nose piece and prefer it omitted to look more like his classic comic mask, with the rest of the suit as awesome as it was, I'm not going to complain.

Especially when The Flash was almost just a guy running around in sneakers thanks to network execs. :argh:

Last edited:
I never heard about the TV execs suggesting that. Thank God there was someone on the board smart enough to overturn such an idiotic idea (obviously the series wasn't on Fox TV).

And that costume was a million times better than the one that they used in the JLA TV pilot. Good God was that ever awful!

I'll have to look up the old Superfriends live action made for TV movie on You Tube to see what the Flash costume looked like on that show. From what I can remember, it was pretty well done considering it was about 40 years ago (the costume I mean, the show itself was pure Batman & Robin campy cheesiness).

Okay, I just looked up Legends Of The Superheroes on You Tube. Flash's costume doesn't look nearly as good as the one from the 1990 Flash TV series, but much better than the Flash costume from the live action JLA TV Pilot from (I think) 2000.

It had the same basic design and colour scheme as the 1990 version, but was straight up spandex/lycra. So if worn by someone impressively muscular, it would probably look pretty cool. The golden lightning bolts on the sides of the head were a little big though.

All in all, not the worst way to go, but the 1990 version is the best way to go IMO.

The costume looks silly. I say, keep the same color scheme, keep the bolts on the side, but give it a new revamp

spacesuit-fashion-7.jpg

Maybe update Deep sea diving suit could be updated to a space biosuit. Maybe the appeaance of how cyclists wear their jerseys?

All said and done, the 1990 suit STILL won't look out of place! That suit was LEGENDARY!

All said and done, the 1990 suit STILL won't look out of place! That suit was LEGENDARY!

Truly ahead of its time. :up:

The show was in all aspects. Great, great series. And I loved the music by Shirley Walker (of Batman & Superman: TAS fame (may she RIP)). Her scores were truly fantastic for every episode.

No goggles, although that's the best example/usage I've seen of them as far as Flash designs go, and ditch the chin strap (and stick my ear pieces on it of course :D ).

All in all, not a bad design.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"