Wonder Woman on Smallville, now a possibility?

I'd sure like a Wonder Woman series instead of a Bionic Woman series. :( Diana could be a positive role model for girls or young women. She is one of the few breakout female heroes that wasn't just a spin-off of another male superhero. Though it could be argued that she is the "female Superman". In fact I think that's exactly what DC wanted when they comissioned the character in the 30's or 40's when she was created.

I think they should stop having guest stars for the remainder of the series and focus on Clark's development. I don't want another Green Arrow like arc that carries the season.

I think they should stop having guest stars for the remainder of the series and focus on Clark's development. I don't want another Green Arrow like arc that carries the season.

I'll second that.

I'd sure like a Wonder Woman series instead of a Bionic Woman series. :( Diana could be a positive role model for girls or young women. She is one of the few breakout female heroes that wasn't just a spin-off of another male superhero. Though it could be argued that she is the "female Superman". In fact I think that's exactly what DC wanted when they comissioned the character in the 30's or 40's when she was created.

yeah and what they got was a bondage queen made by a bigamist who was into SM :p

If that's all Wonder Woman was then she wouldn't have lasted over 60 years and become such a pop culture icon. If that's all Marston was then he couldn't have created a character that would last over 60 years and become such a pop culture icon.

Wonder Woman became a hit because she was a woman that kicked ASS .. and alway ended up getting into a bongade like situation..
kids in the 40's didnt have a dirty mind :p

oh and Marston died in 1947 ..

I'll second that.

I didn't mind Green Arrow's story arc, I thought he helped Clark on his character arc so he actually came in very handy.

If they can keep having guest stars that do that, I say bring 'em on.

:up:

If they bring in DC Comic villains next year, like Gough suggested they might, that would be good too if they design good story arcs for them.

Wonder Woman on Smallville would be great.:up:

What DC villian do you think Smallville will use?:huh:

Altough it would never happen I would love to see Darkseid on the show. Hell really the whole last season can be a New Gods arc.

That would be awesome if they either used Bizzaro or Darkseid. Both would make for an interesting storyline.

I didn't mind Green Arrow's story arc, I thought he helped Clark on his character arc so he actually came in very handy.

If they bring in DC Comic villains next year, like Gough suggested they might, that would be good too if they design good story arcs for them.
you forgot to mention the return of the sage!
wb!

Villains are fine. But someone who comes along and has an ego the size of Texas and does nothing but diss the hero and star of the show for not getting off his ass, I really take acception to.

Villains are fine. But someone who comes along and has an ego the size of Texas and does nothing but diss the hero and star of the show for not getting off his ass, I really take acception to.

Your Hartley hate is so glowing. :woot:

Oliver served a strong purpose: to motivate Clark to get off his ass. Which, to be honest, is valid. Clark NEEDS to get off his ass and look at the big picture.

Oliver served a strong purpose: to motivate Clark to get off his ass. Which, to be honest, is valid. Clark NEEDS to get off his ass and look at the big picture.

I don't think that Queen was knowing what he was talking about at times, actually. He doesn't know what Clark has done, since he wasn't around at the time.

Before he met Oliver:

*Clark went to China to retrieve a dangerous artifact to protect humanity.
*Clark jumped to a nuclear missile that would have decimated Kansas.
*Clark traveled to South America in order to stop a super machine from destroying Earth.
*Clark has done numerous things in Metropolis that saved people, including Lex, Jonathan, and at one point even Lucas.
*Clark escaped from a prizon in another dimension in order to stop a being capable of completely destroying Earth.

It's true many of his fights have been in Smallville, but how many of those fights, had Clark not stopped them, would have escalated to dangers to the planet.

Oliver talked out his booty at times in the show.:o

Really? I thought I was being quite subtle. :cwink:

But what do you call of that running around the world trying to locate zoners? I know he needs to take a look at the BIGGER picture and realise that his help isnt only needed when disaster strikes by something that he caused, but its not like he sits around and doesnt take any interest in what's going on. Ollie failed to recognise that.

If 33.1, the zoners and Lex all come to a head in the season finale and Ollie comes back, then I hope he apologises to Clark for not understanding Clark's BIG picture.

I don't think that Queen was knowing what he was talking about at times, actually. He doesn't know what Clark has done, since he wasn't around at the time.

Before he met Oliver:

*Clark went to China to retrieve a dangerous artifact to protect humanity.
*Clark jumped to a nuclear missile that would have decimated Kansas.
*Clark traveled to South America in order to stop a super machine from destroying Earth.
*Clark has done numerous things in Metropolis that saved people, including Lex, Jonathan, and at one point even Lucas.
*Clark escaped from a prizon in another dimension in order to stop a being capable of completely destroying Earth.

It's true many of his fights have been in Smallville, but how many of those fights, had Clark not stopped them, would have escalated to dangers to the planet.

Oliver talked out his booty at times in the show.:o

But all of those things, minus the missle, were related to Clark through his circle of friends or his Kryptonian heritage. He didn't go outside himself to go to do those things. The point is, Oliver Queen is going out and trying to help the world at large, in matters that have nothing to do with him personally.

Once Clark comes into the understanding of that, he'll become the man this show is leading up to him becoming.

So guys....so what's the consenus then. Do you think that AlMiles will be jumping for joy at the idea of having Diana Prince show up in SV to tickle Clark's fancy?

Hmmm.....I'm not sure how I feel about it.

avi wont like it when Oliver returns to Smallville :o

oliver queen returns to smallville for the finale*dances dance of joy*
don't say i didn't tell you so.:o

Ollie's point was basically get up off your butt and be proactive with your heroism. Go our of your way to find evil instead of waiting for it to show up on his doorstep. The Zoners, Brainiac, and meteor freaks all usually came to Clark. Almost all of his great feats, while cool, were reactionary in nature.

So the question is...has Clark gotten off his ass and looked at the big picture?

While I sometimes enjoyed SV's Green Arrow I could understand the animosity towards him.

He basically showed up, stole Clark's future love interest, stole Clark's enemy, became a mentor/leader to the JLAers who were supposedly Clark's friends first (but only Ollie seemed to really impact their lives) and then found time to school Clark about being a lazy bum on any chance he could get.

It felt like he was almost tailor made to piss off TW fans. The only other thing he needed to do is make love to Lana while 'you and me' was playing. Thankfully Lex beat him to it.

It looks like Diana has officially been removed off the "Automatic Denial" list:

Now that the Wonder Woman movie has stalled, is there any chance that you can bring a young Diana Prince onto Smallville during Season 7? An arc with a young Diana meeting a young Clark Kent would be worth watching! Plus, it could show the beginnings of their long-term iconic relationship. — Scarlett
Gough: We are always pushing to get a young Diana Prince on the show, and we will continue to fight the good fight. We'd love to see her have a relationship with Clark. In the meantime, we have Lynda Carter guest-starring in the Apr. 12 episode, as Chloe's mom. Scratch another name off the wish list!

http://www.tvguide.com/News-Views/I...osting={2465DA2D-21A9-4A12-BDFA-9E4307FB7A7F}

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"