Wonder Woman villains: a discussion thread

There have been any number of very compelling Cheetah stories in the comics.

That JLU's writers weren't interested is on them, not the comics (and, as I noted, the JLU writers were bad at all aspects of Wonder Woman's mythos, not just Cheetah).
I don't doubt there are.

I think the situation is that Cheetah stories probably don't lend themselves to large scale plot mechanics that would take a JL level team to beat.

That's what I think is missing to make her plot in a movie a good foil to Diana.

Cheetah's backstory about jealousy of Gods wouldn't read in the movie cause we have no connection between Diana and her Gods. So what's left as motivation?

Last edited:
Keeping things going..

My idea on how to moviefy Dr. Psycho would be to have him played by different actors all of them based on who he's speaking to. So no one ever can catch him.

I would make the plot revolve around him believing he's discovered a lost tribe of Amazons and thinking he can find proof of their existence. This brings him into conflict with Diana attempting to protect the Amazons from being discovered.

His need for fame and recognition and Diana's attempts to stop him leads him into working with Max Lord and the beginning of Brother Eye.

I'd actually go with Baroness Paula von Gunther and Maxwell Lord as a Howard Hughes type figure if the film is set in WW2 which has been rumored.

It would also fit being set in the US as Patty Jenkins went on record saying she wanted.

I had a fantastic new casting suggestion for Circe actually. Sarah Jessica Parker! She would be an amazing Circe and plus it'll be good to reunite her with Allen Heinberg

I had a fantastic new casting suggestion for Circe actually. Sarah Jessica Parker! She would be an amazing Circe and plus it'll be good to reunite her with Allen Heinberg

feat-sjp-hocus-pocus-2.jpg

If they're still going the history/war route, I would prefer a villain like Circe. They could tie her more directly to the drama with the gods, and to war.

tumblr_nulpk9mvGs1qkchcvo1_1280.jpg

Cheetah could be good for a modern day WW.

I'd like to see Milla Jovovich as Cirse.

Milla+Jovovich+Updos+Twisted+Bun+5-_0ndRF3B6x.jpg

If they're still going the history/war route, I would prefer a villain like Circe. They could tie her more directly to the drama with the gods, and to war.

tumblr_nulpk9mvGs1qkchcvo1_1280.jpg

Cheetah could be good for a modern day WW.

Cheetah could be good for both a period piece and modern day. If they have the Priscilla Rich version, she could be set in the past and display old Hollywood glamour. The Barbara Minerva version could be in modern day.

I wonder what it is about the '80s that would make Circe or Cheetah the most perfect villain though?

I wonder what it is about the '80s that would make Circe or Cheetah the most perfect villain though?

Hmm...interesting question. If it is a spy thriller, a villain like Circe or Cheetah could be an enemy agent or spy, I guess.

I suppose they could always make Cheetah a Cold War agent with one last mission left in her. Circe I'm not so sure about except as a thatcher allegory which I hate

Do you mean Circe or Circe's horse? :o

I suppose they could always make Cheetah a Cold War agent with one last mission left in her. Circe I'm not so sure about except as a thatcher allegory which I hate

They could tie Circe to nuclear war, the power of the atom bomb, the arms race, something like that.

That might be interesting. Basically, she was banking on atomic war but it's looking like it's about to wrap up so she tries to get it fired up again.

Although I'm a bit over the "villain has an atomic bomb" shtick

I wouldn't mind Ares coming back personally. But if not him Circe

Cheetah.

Gal Gadot even said recently that she wants to fight Cheetah at some point.

I wonder how Doctor Psycho would be received in this sociopolitical climate in the U.S. with all the sexual allegations coming out and Wonder Woman springing to life to defeat a misogynist....would it be successful and cathartic or be too on the nose and hammy?

Maybe just avoid the politics and focus on making a great movie, but this is one of Wonder Woman's...things. She fights against stuff like this.

Dr Psycho could be a good Cold War villain given the Soviets research into psychics, etc. and it would allow Chris Pine to return as an illusion of Steve Trevor.

But, I think they’d still need to include someone for Diana to physically battle. Maybe Dr Psycho could be behind the creation of Silver Swan (i.e. drive Vanessa insane with a hatred of Diana)? It would give Diana an opportunity to show compassion for her enemy and maybe take her to Themyscira at the end of the film for rehabilitation?

The problem with Dr Psycho is, any actually proper usage of him is going to have the guy be utterly loathsome. I think it'd be a turnoff. The best villains, you love to hate. Him, I suspect a good chunk of the audience would just want him *gone*, and not have to see him anymore.

I'd be fine with that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"