Wonder Woman villains: a discussion thread

She seems more like she'd have to be Priscilla Rich.

To tell you the truth, after thinking about it the Priscilla Rich version can work since she is mentally ill. Wonder Woman can take pity on Priscilla as there is hope that she can be saved as it really isn’t her fault. Priscilla seeing the werecat version of Cheetah in the mirror talking to her kind of like more sympathetic takes of Norman Osborn could be very creepy. Also her actually making her Alex Ross Cheetah outfit is actually creepy as well. There’s something a bit more tragic with her going out of their way to look like something that she sees in her mind than actually transforming into that. We want to keep the illusion that she can be saved from her demons, which is easier when you can see her humanity. The problem that we face is that we want Diana to physically fight her. I suppose that is where another villain can come into play, whether it’s a god, or a more grounded villain taking advantage of Priscilla’s mental health and supplying her with dangerous artifacts and the like... but would that be too similar to the last movie? Where the big bad simply just nudged character like Dr Poison in the right direction? It would give them a chance to use that reformation island though if Priscilla is captured, as after seeing how they treat patients at places like Arkham, maybe it’s better to take her to Themyscira.

However, outside of Cheetah I’d like to see more of Wonder Woman’s enemies that aren’t in public domain. I’ve heard of a cult in this thread, however, instead of using Circe, why not Zara? Give her and the cult of the Crimson Flame the same love and care we goth with Ms Maru in WW.

I’ve found Dr. Cyber’s visuals cool. And it doesn’t take much for a technological villain to go twelve rounds with Diana. With computers being so big now, she would be a great modern villain for Diana.

I'm hoping Cheetah is a main villain in the sequel, Sofia Boutella would be great in the role.

I hope they go with two villains again this time. Cheetah and someone else. Save Circe for the third film

Cheetah can work. I think some of the people hesitant to see her are thinking too hard.

just get chastain for cheetah already:mnm:
DS_ZnzlWkAA9QdX.jpg:large

I want to see Wonder Woman and Giganta fighting in a big downtown area, but wouldn't want her as the main villain.

Emily Blunt would be a good choice for Cheetah as well I think.

Sofia Boutella could play Giganta as well. We need some equally exotic for her.

Cheetah is kind of like a demi-god like Diana. She is blessed/cursed by a God which is a reason why she can go toe to toe with Diana. She is a character that revels in the kill and doesn't hold back compared to Diana. It would be a good contrast.

But the best way to set up Cheetah is letting the audience get to know her before she goes down her dark path. Have her and Diana connect pre-Cheetah. Barbara Minera would be the best version of the character to use since she is an archaeologist which would go nicely with Diana being an antiques dealer.

I don't know how you base a 3 act movie around Cheetah as the Big Bad, she seems more like a hench woman working for a more powerful mastermind villain.

Barbara Ann aka Cheetah is an upper-class british, genius, deranged archeologist; Priscilla Rich was a psychotic high-born american lady with split-personality disorder, Sofia Boutella fits neither character as far as I'm concerned so I don't know why her name is always coming up in this discussion. I think Sarah Paulson is a much better candidate

I don't know how you base a 3 act movie around Cheetah as the Big Bad, she seems more like a hench woman working for a more powerful mastermind villain.

No, that would be a tremendous disservice to her character. She's also supposed to be really smart as well.

It's funny how some fans complain that filmmakers lack "creativity and imagination," yet constantly go "well that can never work, I don't see how that's possible, etc" themselves.

Same way you would any other villain.

No, that would be a tremendous disservice to her character. She's also supposed to be really smart as well.

It's funny how some fans complain that filmmakers lack "creativity and imagination," yet constantly go "well that can never work, I don't see how that's possible, etc" themselves.

Okay, but how you write a whole movie around her?

I think Cheetah is often written as too animalistic and implusive to do be a good long term planner, clever sure, but not the type of planner who can carry a film.

Make the connection between Cheetah and Diana a personal one. I think WW2 would benefit greatly from lowering the stakes (the world should not be in danger at any point), but upping the personal tension. Cheetah doesn’t necessarily need to be the most cunning villain; she just needs to have a relationship with Diana that the latter wants to save, and the power to engage her in fisticuffs.

Make the connection between Cheetah and Diana a personal one. I think WW2 would benefit greatly from lowering the stakes (the world should not be in danger at any point), but upping the personal tension. Cheetah doesn’t necessarily need to be the most cunning villain; she just needs to have a relationship with Diana that the latter wants to save, and the power to engage her in fisticuffs.

But what would Cheetah do? Randomly murder people till WW stops her by act 3? You need a way to build up tension to a climax. If its personal, then you need more.

She can do any number of things. There are literally decades of stories to pull from. I know it sounds like a cop out, but in my mind, her relationship with Diana is what’s most important. But I’ll try to think of something, because it’s kind of unfair to leave your question unanswered.

She's an archeologist, so use that perhaps?

She's always had somewhat of an antagonistic relationship with WW and kind of views her as a fellow hunter, yet the one that isn't willing to go all the way with her prey.

All of this filming in Georgetown is giving me Exorcist on the brain.

How about a perfectly innocent, slightly mousey, archeologist who gets possessed by a Cheetah spirit through no fault of her own, and it is kind of a Jekyll and Hyde thing, or a Smeagol/Gollum thing, (or an Exorcist thing), where this terrible ferocious Cheetah just takes over from time to time, in a frightfully chilling manner.

So poor Barbara has a relatively amiable relationship with WW, other than occasionally turning into a demonic cat.

I think that would make some good drama; Barbara and WW hanging out, and then, at a certain point it's like...Barbara starts licking her wrists, and it's like, oh no...the powerful demon is among them. Freaky, chilling, a touch of horror movie almost.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"