The Amazing Spider-Man 2 Worse part of the movie?

Is there an all of the above and more option?

Worst part about it is the movie being the worst Spider-Man movie made so far, due a combination of all bad things about it.
Still, not a terrible movie, could've been better, but it also could have been much worse.

It's hard to pick out the worst of the worst. Overall it had some great moments like the 'you're my boy' scene, but the entire movie just fell flat on its face with the rushed storytelling and sloppy handling of a potentially awesome set of villains.

Peter landing on a plutonium truck, turning it into traffic, and then swinging away as the truck smashes several cars, blowing them up and killing people. Peter straight up killed several people. That's the worst part.

Peter landing on a plutonium truck, turning it into traffic, and then swinging away as the truck smashes several cars, blowing them up and killing people. Peter straight up killed several people. That's the worst part.

I noticed that part, but if you frame-by-frame it, when Peter (presumably) turns the wheel, the truck was getting ready to go down a sidewalk full of people. He had no choice but it turn it and hope for the best. Ultimately, the crash is Rhino's responsibility, although it's fair to say that it was sloppy planning on Spidey's part.

I noticed that part, but if you frame-by-frame it, when Peter (presumably) turns the wheel, the truck was getting ready to go down a sidewalk full of people. He had no choice but it turn it and hope for the best. Ultimately, the crash is Rhino's responsibility, although it's fair to say that it was sloppy planning on Spidey's part.
There were a few people. But the part that gets me isn't just that he turns it into that traffic, but that he swings away as the truck demolishes several cars there, into the area that he turned it into. I can't get past that. For all intents and purposes, Peter is basically responsible for all the injuries and deaths that happened because that truck destroyed cars.

I always thought the shot of every cop car in Manhattan chasing down the truck was very silly...

I always thought the shot of every cop car in Manhattan chasing down the truck was very silly...

The cops in ASM2 were horribly inefficient at stopping criminals but boy were they ever fast at setting up those barricades :hmm I guess you can't excel at everything :oldrazz:

Gwen was one of the few decent things about these films.

Worst part about the movie was Max Edward Nygma Dillon.

Everything else was fine.

Peter wasted so much time introducing himself when he could've actually done something. Like, seriously, anything but hang there and talk

A lot of the jokes were too childish and cheesey IMO. I had to force myself to watch the Rhino scenes (both him in and out of the suit). They were so cringe inducing IMO.

It'd be easier to cite what was good about the movie: Andrew and Emma's chemistry, along with the new Spider-man costume.
Everything else was inexcusably awful. The Green Goblin especially.

A lot of the jokes were too childish and cheesey IMO. I had to force myself to watch the Rhino scenes (both him in and out of the suit). They were so cringe inducing IMO.

Goes from trying to be serious to that schlock.. so many cringe-worthy moments

Spider-Man himself wasn't funny, his jokes didn't make any sense and he was a little annoying at times unlike TASM1 Spider-Man who was hilarious imo..

But i'm not really sure what I would call the Worst part..

Last edited:
There was a lot wrong with the film but my #1 question is why the heck is The Rhino even in this film? Max, Harry, Gwen's demise being shoehorned in all come second because I just cannot grasp why The Rhino was even necessary.
Another thing was how ridiculous Electro looked. When he was floating in the air he looked like a marionette.

Last edited:
There was a lot wrong with the film but my #1 question is why the heck is The Rhino even in this film? Max, Harry, Gwen's demise being shoehorned in all come second because I just cannot grasp why The Rhino was even necessary.
Another thing was how ridiculous Electro looked. When he was floating in the air he looked like a marionette.

Rhino was only there for some humor and to set up the S6 film.

I liked Electro's look and effects, but I still can't figure out why the containment suit wasn't explained. It just appeared out of nowhere.

Electro was such a let down. I love that villain in the comics. But they gave him a dark Peter Parker origin. It was weird. 'You were my idol, now I hate you' motive was the dumbest thing.

Can't believe I went to the theatre for that. Especially after not all being too impressed by the first one and its attempt at holding onto the Spider-Man license. Sigh.

The movie has the worst high-caliber CBM villains of the last 6 years,since Barakapool in XMO. They bring the whole movie down. It's easier to say What are the good parts: Andrew and his costume,and Emma.

Since there wasn't a "crappy plot" or "all three villains", I chose Electro. The casting agent at Sony should've been fired for suggesting Jamie Foxx, and his look... I rest my case.

Paul Giamatti gave Foxx a run for his money in terms of awfulness.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"