Worst Comic-Movie Supervillain

SingItWithMeNow

Sidekick
Reaction score
After reading this: http://filmforce.ign.com/articles/703/703005p1.html 'definative' article, I think we need to come up with some terrible perfomances, which will be pretty easy. I'm confident you guys are pretty good at being critical :O

these are mine:

10 - Xander Drax - The Phantom
A very unintimidating man, although he get points for killing a thug with a spear, but then gets the points taken away for his stoopid remark after it.

9 - David Banner - Hulk
Mainly his eccentricity isnt really inviting for the audience, and mainly because it takes way too long for him to get his powers which leads to a final battle that no one really cares about.

8 - Bullseye - Daredevil
Not an overall bad performance. OVERALL. But the little things, like snorting, or googling his eyes adds to his badness.

7 - Dr. Doom - Fantastic Four
Similar to Banner, it takes way too long to become Doom and has little effect because of it. He played a suave business man for too long that his descent into madness didnt really make sense if it was there in the first place.

6 - Nuclear Man - Superman IV
Grr... i have a mullet.

5 - Drake - Blade Trinity
'Blade vs. Dracula' wasnt necessary

4 - Two Face - Batman Forever
When an animated series can make a character more 3D and beleivable you know your doing a bad job. Constantly referred to as 'Harvey Two Face' by all involved proved no one cared about bringing this character to life.

3 - Satan - Constantine
Dominic Purcell must have gotten with his Prison Break co-star and made a bet who could be worse. Not really a villain, but i dont like Stomare's hammyness. He just comes off as someone I dont trust with small children.

2 - Poison Ivy - Batman & Robin
I'm sure she was supposed to be both sexy and deadly. Uma acheives neither.

1 - Bane - Batman & Robin
I dont like to speak ill of the dead, but Jeep was terrible, acheiving neither the intelligence nor the intimidating qualities Bane has. He was pointless.

I thought Farrel's Bullseye was one of the best parts of Daredevil.:confused: I agree with your number 1 though. But I think Mr. Freeze should make the list.

As campy as the character was, I did like Xandar Drax.

SingItWithMeNow said:
After reading this: http://filmforce.ign.com/articles/703/703005p1.html 'definative' article, I think we need to come up with some terrible perfomances, which will be pretty easy. I'm confident you guys are pretty good at being critical :O

these are mine:

10 - Xander Drax - The Phantom
A very unintimidating man, although he get points for killing a thug with a spear, but then gets the points taken away for his stoopid remark after it.

9 - David Banner - Hulk
Mainly his eccentricity isnt really inviting for the audience, and mainly because it takes way too long for him to get his powers which leads to a final battle that no one really cares about.

8 - Bullseye - Daredevil
Not an overall bad performance. OVERALL. But the little things, like snorting, or googling his eyes adds to his badness.

7 - Dr. Doom - Fantastic Four
Similar to Banner, it takes way too long to become Doom and has little effect because of it. He played a suave business man for too long that his descent into madness didnt really make sense if it was there in the first place.

6 - Nuclear Man - Superman IV
Grr... i have a mullet.

Interesting tidbit my brother informed me of, did anyone else know that Nuclear Man was supposed to be Bizarro, but they could not acquire the rights? Had no clue! Also the computer in part 3 was supposed to be Brainiac, but again they could not acquire the rights. Thought that might interest someone.

If Supes 3 had featured Brainiac, and Supes 4 Bizarro, that might've been pretty awesome to see. Man, I wished that had happened. Though I liked Supes 3, and loathed Supes 4, those changes might've made both movies less reviled.

As for the list, pretty much agree with it for the most part. However, I liked Doom, David Banner, and Drake.

-Doom was underplayed, a bit of a wet blanket, but I would like to see McMahon have another take at him.

-Drake was largely unnecessary. They did nothing with this character, who arguably should've been Blade's greatest movie challenge. And their battle should've been the equivalent of the Star Wars PT Obi Wan-Anakin Duel. But that's really nothing against Purcell.

-David Banner was also very creepy. I think he would've worked better as a secondary character and not the main villian. And turning into water or whatever at the end was not cool.

And the original poster is so spot on with "Harvey Two Face" and "Nuclear Man".

-Nuclear Man was a stupid villian for a dumb strip, made even more terrible because it was supposed to be a message movie that just turned into a rehash of the first three movies. I still don't understand how Nuclear Man came to Earth fully clothed after being born in the sun, or why TPTB decided to have him speak with Luthor's voice? Was that really necessary?

-What pisses me off about Harvey Two Face is that Tommy Lee Jones was a perfect choice for Harvey Dent. Under Nolan you might've gotten a really good, dramatic, tortured performance from Jones. With Schumaker you got a cackling, Joker-clone. A disgrace to the character.

I would add Mr. Freeze and the Riddler to the list. Both were ill-served in their movies.

DarKush said:
If Supes 3 had featured Brainiac, and Supes 4 Bizarro, that might've been pretty awesome to see. Man, I wished that had happened. Though I liked Supes 3, and loathed Supes 4, those changes might've made both movies less reviled.

As for the list, pretty much agree with it for the most part. However, I liked Doom, David Banner, and Drake.

-Doom was underplayed, a bit of a wet blanket, but I would like to see McMahon have another take at him.

-Drake was largely unnecessary. They did nothing with this character, who arguably should've been Blade's greatest movie challenge. And their battle should've been the equivalent of the Star Wars PT Obi Wan-Anakin Duel. But that's really nothing against Purcell.

-David Banner was also very creepy. I think he would've worked better as a secondary character and not the main villian. And turning into water or whatever at the end was not cool.

And the original poster is so spot on with "Harvey Two Face" and "Nuclear Man".

-Nuclear Man was a stupid villian for a dumb strip, made even more terrible because it was supposed to be a message movie that just turned into a rehash of the first three movies. I still don't understand how Nuclear Man came to Earth fully clothed after being born in the sun, or why TPTB decided to have him speak with Luthor's voice? Was that really necessary?

-What pisses me off about Harvey Two Face is that Tommy Lee Jones was a perfect choice for Harvey Dent. Under Nolan you might've gotten a really good, dramatic, tortured performance from Jones. With Schumaker you got a cackling, Joker-clone. A disgrace to the character.

I would add Mr. Freeze and the Riddler to the list. Both were ill-served in their movies.

Definately agree, the only thing I did like was the flying effects in this movie, especially the ones by the Great Wall of China, I thought they were great.

SingItWithMeNow said:

2 - Poison Ivy - Batman & Robin
I'm sure she was supposed to be both sexy and deadly. Uma acheives neither.
She was the best in Batman & Robin.

take off Ivy, Bullseye, Satan, and Drax

add Freeze, Riddler, that guy from Steel, and Toad

My List:

10. Max Shrek (Batman Returns)
9. Kirigi (Elektra)
8. Gus Gorman (Superman III)
7. Xander Drax (The Phantom)
6. Nuclear Man (Superman IV: The Quest For Peace)
5. Poison Ivy (Batman & Robin)
4. Freeze (Batman & Robin)
3. Bane (Batman & Robin)
2. Penguin (Batman Returns)
1. David Banner (HULK)

-R

Robin91939 said:
My List:

10. Max Shrek (Batman Returns)
9. Kirigi (Elektra)
8. Gus Gorman (Superman III)
7. Xander Drax (The Phantom)
6. Nuclear Man (Superman IV: The Quest For Peace)
5. Poison Ivy (Batman & Robin)
4. Freeze (Batman & Robin)
3. Bane (Batman & Robin)
2. Penguin (Batman Returns)
1. David Banner (HULK)

-R

I'd take off Max Shreck and Penguin. The Penguin was a departure, yes, but to me the character was much more intereting than the one in the comics, who I always felt was incredibly one dimensional and uninteresting. Shreck, was played by future president Christopher Walken, which makes him an awesome character.

The worst of all the comic villians to me, bar none, is Two-Face. Out of all of them, Two-Face is the most iconic and most important to the hero's mythos (with the exception of maybe Banner). The charatcer was completely ruined and I hope Nolan can truly revive him.

Spawn's Jason Wynn and Clown were also uninispiring. As much as I like Walken, Max Schrek was wasted in Batman Returns. He could've had a movie all by himself.

To this day and age, I can't stand the ass-clowns who think Nolan did a better job than Tim Burton.

I'm sorry, but Burton perfected The Penguin (what would you have preferred, the Burgess Meredith version?), and no one tops Jack as The Joker.

On the other hand, Nolan gives up Cloth Bag Over the Head Man and Ninja Master RA's Al Ghul. Now THAT'S unnecessary de`parture from the character.

Seriously, could Nolan do "Ed Wood", "Edward Scissorhands" or "The Nightmare Before Christmas"?

thealiasman2000 said:
To this day and age, I can't stand the ass-clown who thinks Nolan did a better job than Tim Burton.

I'm sorry, but Burton perfected The Peguin (what would you have preferred, the Burgess Merederith version?), and no one tops Jack as The Joker.

On the other hand, Nolan gives up Cloth Bag Over the Head Man and Ninja Master RA's Al Ghul. Now THAT'S unnecessary de`parture from the character.

Seriously, could Nolan do "Ed Wood", "Edward Scissorhands" or "The Nightmare Before Christmas"?

No, because Nolan's style is vastly different from Burton's, and both work extrememly well for Batman. Batman can work in a variety of different variations, and their two are probably the best.

Neither Burton nor Nolan perfected any character, because nothing in a comic book movie is perfect. Comic books go through too many changes over the year that when you make the movie, you're only being faithful to only one source, but not another.

Magneto in all the X-Men movies. He just talked too much and very little action. He was not threatening at all! He didn't seem really evil and someone to be feared. He made me yawn and I felt like all you had to do was throw a rock at his head and that was the end of him.

Freeze should not be there for the simple fact I love that almost everyline he had was a quote you could use.

I have a feeling I will be weeping when I see the interpretation of Dr. Hank 'The Beast' McCoy will be. I like Kelsey Grammar, but this not how I picture Beast.

*Sigh*

beast-x-men.jpg

tzarinna said:
I have a feeling I will be weeping when I see the interpretation of Dr. Hank 'The Beast' McCoy will be. I like Kelsey Grammar, but this not how I picture Beast.

*Sigh*

beast-x-men.jpg

I gotta disagree with you there, he is the one I am most wanting to see besides Angel.

Besides the category is villains.

Sharon Stone in Catwoman. What would have been your super-villain name for her?

The Rock Hard Biatch

Ferrell and Satan rock. ******* ******s.

ANTHONYNASTI said:
The worst of all the comic villians to me, bar none, is Two-Face. Out of all of them, Two-Face is the most iconic and most important to the hero's mythos (with the exception of maybe Banner). The charatcer was completely ruined and I hope Nolan can truly revive him.
I have to agree with one fact here. in the Movie two face was too damn whimpy for my taste, in the comics and animation two face was much more in control, in the movie he basically followed the Riddler like a puppy, was not a good portrayal of a character that was quite in control everywhere else but the movie.

Gotta side with Cconn. Farrell, despite some of the worst lines in the movie, did a damn good job as Bullseye, and I hate everything else he and his eyebrow have ever done. As for Stormare, he wasn't really the villain, and the fact that he was so casual with Constantine made me like him that much more. He took personal joy in seeing to it that John's life was miserable, and that's something to fear.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"